Reality show American Idol rumored to feature Sikh contestant

JSinghnz

Cheer up mate

सतिगुरू बिना होर कची है बाणी ॥
Saṯgurū binā hor kacẖī hai baṇī.
Without the True Guru, other songs are false.
बाणी त कची सतिगुरू बाझहु होर कची बाणी ॥
Baṇī ṯa kacẖī saṯgurū bājẖahu hor kacẖī baṇī.
The songs are false without the True Guru; all other songs are false.
कहदे कचे सुणदे कचे कचीं आखि वखाणी ॥
Kahḏe kacẖe suṇḏe kacẖe kacẖīʼn ākẖ vakẖāṇī.
The speakers are false, and the listeners are false; those who speak and recite are false.
हरि हरि नित करहि रसना कहिआ कछू न जाणी ॥
Har har niṯ karahi rasnā kahi▫ā kacẖẖū na jāṇī.
They may continually chant, 'Har, Har' with their tongues, but they do not know what they are saying.
चितु जिन का हिरि लइआ माइआ बोलनि पए रवाणी ॥
Cẖiṯ jin kā hir la▫i▫ā mā▫i▫ā bolan pa▫e ravāṇī.
Their consciousness is lured by Maya; they are just reciting mechanically.
कहै नानकु सतिगुरू बाझहु होर कची बाणी ॥२४॥
Kahai Nānak saṯgurū bājẖahu hor kacẖī baṇī. ||24||
Says Nanak, without the True Guru, other songs are false. ||24||

सतिगुरू बिना होर कची है बाणी ॥
Saṯgurū binā hor kacẖī hai baṇī.
Without the True Guru, other songs are false.
बाणी त कची सतिगुरू बाझहु होर कची बाणी ॥
Baṇī ṯa kacẖī saṯgurū bājẖahu hor kacẖī baṇī.
The songs are false without the True Guru; all other songs are false.
कहदे कचे सुणदे कचे कचीं आखि वखाणी ॥
Kahḏe kacẖe suṇḏe kacẖe kacẖīʼn ākẖ vakẖāṇī.
The speakers are false, and the listeners are false; those who speak and recite are false.
हरि हरि नित करहि रसना कहिआ कछू न जाणी ॥
Har har niṯ karahi rasnā kahi▫ā kacẖẖū na jāṇī.
They may continually chant, 'Har, Har' with their tongues, but they do not know what they are saying.
चितु जिन का हिरि लइआ माइआ बोलनि पए रवाणी ॥
Cẖiṯ jin kā hir la▫i▫ā mā▫i▫ā bolan pa▫e ravāṇī.
Their consciousness is lured by Maya; they are just reciting mechanically.
कहै नानकु सतिगुरू बाझहु होर कची बाणी ॥२४॥
Kahai Nānak saṯgurū bājẖahu hor kacẖī baṇī. ||24||
Says Nanak, without the True Guru, other songs are false. ||24||

im confused now , i am a guitarist too apart from what profession i have .

I havnt played after taking Amrit because i am confused about it

i play blues/Rock/Metal

im confused now , i am a guitarist too apart from what profession i have .

I havnt played after taking Amrit because i am confused about it

i play blues/Rock/Metal

Just in brief, Satguru in his ten forms would get talented people to do kirtan and told them to stop singing everything else. I'll go into detail later on the 24th pauri of Sri Anand Sahib

Just in brief, Satguru in his ten forms would get talented people to do kirtan and told them to stop singing everything else. I'll go into detail later on the 24th pauri of Sri Anand Sahib

i AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY - at last someone is shedding light here on this particular thread.

the absolute truth of the matter is that these type of sikhs are springing up everywhere are the worst distrorters,representers of SIKHS - the guy should take a shave if he wants to sing gora songs and wants to win these type of competitions.to the lovers of this goon, Where is it in any sikh teachings or Gurbani that we are to behave in such low life ways? Being a kesdhari and doing such acts is the worst type of representation ever for sikhs - There is no need to applaud here at all NONEED.

i AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY - at last someone is shedding light here on this particular thread.

the absolute truth of the matter is that these type of sikhs are springing up everywhere are the worst distrorters,representers of SIKHS - the guy should take a shave if he wants to sing gora songs and wants to win these type of competitions.to the lovers of this goon, Where is it in any sikh teachings or Gurbani that we are to behave in such low life ways? Being a kesdhari and doing such acts is the worst type of representation ever for sikhs - There is no need to applaud here at all NONEED.

bit over the top seems we have some over zealous people on this forum who just spring to attack, as you seem to want to be fundamental all the time guru ji told us to treat everyone as brothers/sisters with an open heart mind, not a closed mind spouting hatred, ok if you believe we shouldnt applaud but then we should inform!

In US, if you are wearing a turban and a beard, you are a Taliban/ muslim. He should use this platform to show that public display of beard and turban = SIKH ( 99.9% of the time) not a Taliban or muslim. And also show Sikhs in a more positive upbeat attitude.

I have to commend this guy, because he went in with full flowing beard, he didnt even tie or gel it.

As for singing kaami or mayavi songs, that is a bit negative ; but that should be left for him to decide, its between him and Guru ji.

whats all this taliban stuff..

• you cant listen to anything thats not gurbani
  • you cant dance
  • you cant sing unless its paath or kirtan (got to be in raag/not raag)
  • you cant smile
  • you cant have fun
  • you must punish yourself and lock yourself in a dungeon
  • you must always sit upright and uptight with muchaa batt !
  • you cant wear any clothes that are stylish
  • you must not apear on tv unless its to promote Sikhi - and even then we will cuss you no matter what you do because we dont agree with your view or what you were saying

The singh didnt change himself or act or dress like a clown (like param singh !) and the kali on american idol said "I love your Look" and that wasnt just his sikhi saroop, but his confidence and passion coming from his personality.

if you are the person that loves only gurbani and can only listen to gurus words, then you are blessed, but you should not try to enforce this on others, rather try to share this with others by exuding peace and shaant rass in your personality.

you cannot just pick and choose as the guru says that everythign we do is devoid if there is no love for god in our heart thats includes doing kirtan, paath, singing, eating, speaking

but if there is love for god in the heart then everything that person does is accepted

at sundar kuleen chatur mukh nyi-aanee Dhanvant.
He may be very handsome, born into a highly respected family, very wise, a famous spiritual teacher, prosperous and wealthy;

mirtak kahee-ahi naankaa jih pareet nahee bhagvant. ||1||
but even so, he is looked upon as a corpse, O Nanak, if he does not love the Lord God. ||1||

(SGGSJi, ang 253)

this pangtee applies to everyone, each person on the diferent rungs of the ladder shits on the one below.....

a mahapurkh could come up to any one of us and say why dont you do simran 24/7 your wasting your breaths

you doing besti of your bana, by not waking at 2am

what will you do then.....?

FAREEDA JE TOO AKAL LATEEF KALEY LIKH NA LEKH

APNEY GIRIVAAN MEH SIR NEEVA KAR DEKH

fareed says if you consider yourself to be wise, then do not write black on others

look within yourself first and hold your head low

nyanyaa khat saastar ho-ay nyi-aataa.
NGANGA: He may be a scholar of the six Shaastras.

poorak kumbhak raychak karmaataa.
He may practice inhaling, exhaling and holding the breath.

nyi-aan Dhi-aan tirath isnaanee.
He may practice spiritual wisdom, meditation, pilgrimages to sacred shrines and ritual cleansing baths.

sompaak apras udi-aanee.
He may cook his own food, and never touch anyone else's; he may live in the wilderness like a hermit.

raam naam sang man nahee haytaa.
But if he does not enshrine love for the Lord's Name within his heart,

jo kachh keeno so-oo anaytaa.
then everything he does is transitory.

u-aa tay ootam gan-o chandalaa.
Even an untouchable pariah is superior to him,

naanak jih man baseh gupaalaa. ||16||
O Nanak, if the Lord of the World abides in his mind. ||16||

(SGGS ji, ang 253)