Can You Wear A Full Wedding Outfit If You've Taken Amrit?

Waheguru Jeo,

Here is Bhai Daya Singh Ji's Rehitnama jeo:

I think we'll have to read the whole Rehitnama to understand it fully but the last 3 pages are perhaps more relevant to current discussion, the last page has rehit for bihangham singhs..

EUBaBvh.jpg

87G5RnZ.jpg

On page 4:

T7oNIbh.jpg

Mahankosh:

ਸੰ. कुसुम्भ ਕੁਸੁੰਭ. {ਸੰਗ੍ਯਾ}. ਅਗਨਿ- ਸ਼ਿਖ. ਅੱਗ ਦੀ ਸ਼ਿਖਾ ਜੇਹਾ ਜਿਸ ਦਾ ਫੁੱਲ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਐਸਾ ਇੱਕ ਬੂਟਾ, ਅਤੇ ਇਸ ਦੇ ਫੁੱਲ ਦੀਆਂ ਕੇਸਰ ਜੇਹੀਆਂ ਤਰੀਆਂ. ਇਸ ਦਾ ਲਾਲ ਰੰਗ ਬਹੁਤ ਭੜਕੀਲਾ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਪਰ ਧੁੱਪ ਅਤੇ ਜਲ ਨਾਲ ਤੁਰਤ ਫਿੱਕਾ ਪੈ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ. ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵਿੱਚ ਮਾਇਕ ਪਦਾਰਥਾਂ ਦੇ ਚਮਤਕਾਰ ਕੁਸੁੰਭਰੰਗ ਜੇਹੇ ਵਰਣਨ ਕੀਤੇ ਹਨ. "ਕੂੜਾ ਰੰਗ ਕਸੁੰਭ ਕਾ". (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮਃ ੩) "ਹਥੁ ਨ ਲਾਇ ਕਸੁੰਭੜੈ ਜਲਿ ਜਾਸੀ ਢੋਲਾ". (ਸੂਹੀ ਫਰੀਦ) ਦੇਖੋ, ਜਲਿ। (2) ਕੁਸੁੰਭੇ ਦੀ ਤਰਾਂ ਟਪਕਾਇਆ ਅਤੇ ਕੁਸੁੰਭੇ ਜੇਹੇ ਰੰਗ ਦਾ ਅਫ਼ੀਮ ਦਾ ਰਸ, ਜੋ ਰਾਜਪੂਤਾਨੇ ਵਿੱਚ ਬਹੁਤ ਕਰਕੇ ਵਰਤੀਦਾ ਹੈ. "ਪਾਨ ਡਰਾਇ ਕਸੁੰਭੜੇ ਰੂਰੋ". (ਚਰਿਤ੍ਰ ੧੧੧) ਅਫੀਮ ਦੇ ਰਸ ਵਿੱਚ ਸ਼ਰਾਬ ਮਿਲਾਕੇ.

• Like 2
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the blue/white coloured wedding combo looks awesome on males as well as females. I don't think you need to go red if you're Amritdhari at the time of marriage. But of course it's your choice.

There's nothing entirely black and white. In fact, it all depends on how strict you'd like to follow your rehat. There are people who wouldn't wear red with dastar at all. There are others who don'

Posted Images

Thanks for posting that prabhjot singh ji, really appreciate..will go over it shortly.

In the meantime, prem Sumarag granth one of most puratan granths, has full chapter of sikh marriage for grishti householder sikhs- some of things does not make sense when we look at it from today's perspective but some of things are very detailed and make sense. I urge every one to read it - take whatever you can from it.

Marriage starts from page- 20

W.H. McLeod, Prem Sumarg.pdf

• Like 1

Which bit's don't agree ?

I'm not sure about how far you take this makeup business.??

You state in true gurmat.....................which makes it that Bhai Daya Singh ji is not expressing true Gurmat with the rehat.

I have no opinion on this issue, but you do when you stated true gurmat...........................Opinions would only hold value if they made sense with Gurmat and we did not have an authority, like the Punj Pyare clearing this question the OP has asked. However we do have an authority clearing the issue, which means there is only three things left to do for a Sikh as Gurbani states. Accept it as the truth (the rehat is coming from Bhai Daya Singh ji) be content with it, that it is the truth, and then contemplate in the mind that i am low and rehat is high, one day by contemplating on Gurbani I hope Satguru blesses me with how and why this rehat is the truth.

Thanks for posting that prabhjot singh ji, really appreciate..will go over it shortly.

In the meantime, prem Sumarag granth one of most puratan granths, has full chapter of sikh marriage for grishti householder sikhs- some of things does not make sense when we look at it from today's perspective but some of things are very detailed and make sense. I urge every one to read it - take whatever you can from it.

Marriage starts from page- 20

attachicon.gifW.H. McLeod, Prem Sumarg.pdf

Just gave the chapter on marriage a brief perusal. Do modern-day Sikhs (the rehatvaan types of course) still follow those ways in their entirety, i.e. presenting the Singhni to be married with shashtars? Also do chardikala Sikh families stick to the time-frames specified in the granth?

i seen amritdhri bleaching face hair and using heena for there Head hair.. no hair cuting tho

Many people do many things, you cant bunch them all together and paint them with the same brush. We are individuals. We all make mistakes. Not a clone of a perfect Amritdhari.

• Like 2

If I had the choice i would go for a nice suit, that u can wear again, without getting dolled up. I soo regret th red thing when I got married, and feelin like an accesories hanger..lolz.. too much stress over all that. A lovely kadiaa suit will be nice too and easier to handle plus can be worn again and again, thus saving a fortune. I feel people go too over the top on weddings nowadays in cost and decor, and prefer the amritdhari way of simplicity...

Also i cant believe how much they charge nowadays for bridal makeup and getting ready, omg siapaaa ineh paiseh ...

The red lehnga- red is considered an auspicious colour in hinduism

Red color is also symbolism of pyaar towards divine, sohagan just like black color is symbolism of mourning of an death.

Lal rang tis ko laga shabad symbolizes both introvert and extrovert level of an being.

We are not against any specific color per say as each color has some sort of occasion, has some sort of symbolism, if that was case we wouldn't see- dhan dhan dhan sri guru granth sahib ji shasubhat/brijman in many various different colors including red rummalas..!!!!!!!!