Show your support to Sikhi and Khalistan

Guest Hag Singh

Guest Hag Singh
Dear Sikhsangat, please could this message be forwarded to anyone who may be interested in the following:

With the quest for independence of Khlaistan, I have noticed that we need to be able to express this with instant recognition. Many other countries that seek independence have this and are instantly identified with their message for all people to see. With Khalistan we currently do not have this (yet), with it, it will make a great impact!!! As other nations who have seeked independce have shown.

Being Catalans and Basques in Spain, Tamils in Sri Lanka, Palestinians in Israel, Chechens in Russia, Scots in UK, Kurds in Turkey/Syria/Iraq, Ibo in Nigeria, Serbs in Bosnia, Albanians in Macedonia, Tibetans and Uighurs in China, and Cabinda in Angola. They all have something in common a flag to represent their country which they want too free and be independent.
With Sikhi there is the Nishan flag (orange back ground with black Khanda), this is the flag of Sikhi not Khalistan. This flag shows and represents the Sikh religion, other religions have this and are clear with this for example Christians have the flag with the cross, the Buddhist flag called the prayer flag, and Jains have the five coloured flag these all represent their WHOLE religion.
The Khalistan Flag represents freedom and independence, we currently are not waving and flying this flag high enough so that we can symbolise our country for all people to see. We need something that will be recognised, familiar, and symbolises our fight for freedom. I truly believe we need to start to show this so it will put a better image, message and overall a bigger impact when people see the Khalistan flag.
There is a Khalistan flag that a small number of people recognise it when used. The origin of this flag are not very clear on my search to find it out. But we have something already we serious need to use it a lot more at all Sikh events concerning Khalistan, at the moment we only using banners with Khalistan written on them.
Where are our supporters of freedom? They need to be clearly seen! let us get the blue and yellow of the Khalistan flag high and visible for all to see!
buy your Khalistan flags and spread the support!!!

Are you sure this is the right one? I was told it had three stripes and the Ik Omkar symbol not a Khanda, but I have heard of other ones too so I'm not sure who is right. :umm:

Does anyone know?

I believe it is IK OANKAAR.

Don't know where you got omkaar from.

Wouldn't an orange nishan sahib or a blue one be the Khalsa flag. It already represents the Sikh nation. A unique nishan of the Sikhs.

I believe it is IK OANKAAR.

Don't know where you got omkaar from.

Wouldn't an orange nishan sahib or a blue one be the Khalsa flag. It already represents the Sikh nation. A unique nishan of the Sikhs.

No it wouldn't cuz this is a flag of a country! If two SIkh countries were to form would they have the Nishan flag? NO! Nishan flag has a very deep history, and is installed outside every Gudwara! This is a political flag.

This is what I'm on about ੴ, if you guys really wanna split hairs on its English spelling.

Anyway, there are a few national flags floating around. Even Maharaja Ranjit Singh didnt use the Nishan Sahib to represent his Empire, or did he? Symbols have changed since back then.

This is what I'm on about ੴ, if you guys really wanna split hairs on its English spelling.

Anyway, there are a few national flags floating around. Even Maharaja Ranjit Singh didnt use the Nishan Sahib to represent his Empire, or did he? Symbols have changed since back then.

I thought the nishaan sahib shape (triangle) has been around since the gurus. The symbol on the nishan sahib has changed though. I think we could settle on a khanda though.

I hope you don't pronouce ੴas ik omkaar. Thats not how you say it.

I thought the nishaan sahib shape (triangle) has been around since the gurus. The symbol on the nishan sahib has changed though. I think we could settle on a khanda though.

I hope you don't pronouce ੴas ik omkaar. Thats not how you say it.

I never knew that, I've heard both pronunciations and never really thought about it. Thanks for the info.

The Nishan Sahib represents the Gurus and that's why it's used in Gurudwaras and Nihangs. It may not be applicable for a Sikh state where everyone is not a Nihang and many people may not even be Sikhs. Considering Khalistan will be East Punjab there should be plenty of example of Misl/Imperial flags that could be used.