Guru ji's Hunting - why

Good Point.

About Hazoor sahib, has anyone ever thought why a goat is chosen to be cut by the neck ??

Why not a cow or something else ?

It's because of the very similar weight and force required to a human head, that's why !!!

I'm not a nihang, but we should respect their role in sikhism by all means and with high regards, please- think before we start being critical !!

Good Point.

About Hazoor sahib, has anyone ever thought why a goat is chosen to be cut by the neck ??

Why not a cow or something else ?

It's because of the very similar weight and force required to a human head, that's why !!!

I'm not a nihang, but we should respect their role in sikhism by all means and with high regards, please- think before we start being critical !!

I think we should close this discussion because the last point I made was been avoided by me from the first day of discussion. It is time for tuhintuhin to think and eveluate his views for a week or two and then start a new thread.

You seem to me didn't got the point,Hunting was done to train the comman man and to defy the forced rule comman man cannot carry weapon.

carrying a shastar (not a weapon, learn the difference) to being able to hunt is a huge jump. An animal that is running away from you is not called training. Such behaviour goes against the Khalsa Panths battle rules. If you want to go toe to toe with a bear that is targeting hikers or those that go camping then take your bow and arrow, your sword and learn hand to hand combat.

If you want to learn how to shoot a gun, then we have many advanced training grounds that have been digitalized to train the most skilled soldiers. Also there are training grounds in the open where live ammo is used to train.

If you want to train for endurance then go run around a track and go hiking. If you want to learn how to fight then go get a trainer and once trained then go take on the dusht of the Panth

1. If u carry shastar only then u will learn about using it.

2.That time advanced training groud was missing.

3. Dusht of the panth is ignorace and dependence on other to translate gurbani for oneself. U can certainly kill this dust with one shastar that is gurbani and motivating other people to read gurbani and understand it.

4. Jhatka in Hazoor Sahib u missed the point.

Dear Gurdeepsinghjohal,

No I won't be checking with anyone.......because I trust my Guru sahib and when I have anything to ask I do so to them, and your point of following "anandmurti".....well i don't know who she is ...but I do know the points she made are logical and that's what our Guru jis have taught and still teach us........

ok lets say that this is done for practice....but what good have been done after getting these qualifications.....criminals are still doing their shameful acts.......and nobody is stepping forward to end them as Singhs during Gurji's time used to do..............

secondly, if every sikh starts practicing, I don't think their will be any animals left............which is obviously the end of a spieces.........and if we still say that this is correct and how would our coming genrations practice coz there will be no animals available for practicing?????

bottom line......even our corrupt Indian Govt & others of course, have banned the animal hunting ......................and our Guru ji allowed it..............I'm speechless...............

I respect ur opinion. I will surrender my argument with these 2 points.

1. Every amritdhari sikh wears SIRI SAHIB(forgive me if there is any spelling mistake or use of wrong word) Siri sahib is If I am allowed to say symbolises KIRPAAN. The point is actually how many amritdhari people actually know the actual way it is used as a warrior. There is proper training needed to use a SHASTAR. How many Gurudawara's have actually facility to train them. The answer we know.

2.Most important and it is for every sikh. Every sikh vows to their GURU Guru Granth Sahib but how many sikhs have actually read the whole bani and understand it and moreover follow it. How many Gurudawara's have actually facility to teach them.The answer we know.

My Apologies for any BEADBI.

1. If u carry shastar only then u will learn about using it.

2.That time advanced training groud was missing.

3. Dusht of the panth is ignorace and dependence on other to translate gurbani for oneself. U can certainly kill this dust with one shastar that is gurbani and motivating other people to read gurbani and understand it.

4. Jhatka in Hazoor Sahib u missed the point.

1. This thread is about hunting not if someone knows how to use shastar.

2. Baba ji, I have told you the rules of the battefield as the Khalsa is to follow. I agree with you, go to the forest find some hikers or campers who are in danger of being attacked by a bear or some other aggressive animal and then go toe to toe with it. What better hunting training can you get. As if going after animals that have no intention of attacking you, that is against the rules of the Khalsa.

3. Baba ji, now you have changed your tone from the physical world to the spiritual world. We can discuss the spiritual hunting life of a Khalsa in a different thread. This thread is ONLY for discussing the physical "hunting" the Guru's did. Please stick to the topic.

4. I have wrote extensively on the topic of jhatka. However Gurmukhs that lived with Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh ji Maharaj have stated that jhatka in the past had value, but in the last decades it has become a complete ritual to satisfy the tongue and nothing more.

Dear sangat,

I've been rude in my converstaion here, well I got too rebelious and hurt at some point, but very glad to see that gurdeepsinghjohal and others were still polite to me and i really learned from them how to be calm in situation like this.

Back to the topic, the original topic veg/nonveg, started was as I mentioned above for people like me who are left in unanswerable position.

Guru ji hunting, eating non-veg/hunting for pleasure and training for Sikhs are three different things with 3 different reasons.

1. Guru Ji hunting - roohan da udhar karan layi, Guru ji was/is sarab kala samrath, akaal purkh di jot...HE HIMSELF doesn't need any training...and his kirpa make singhs sher, not training

2. Eating non veg - sikhs in emergency or doctor says, if person's conscious allows oneself

3. Eating non/veg and hunting - for pleasure

4. Training for sikhs - martial art classes and modern techniques & technology available

On spiritual level, killing the animal of all types of "maya"inside this "mann"

To conclude, just would like to share already existing fact that "what we eat we become". The tragic, horrible and fearful feelings that animals go through before they become any form of meat, comes to the person who eat them and that's what he/she becomes. It demoralize the spiritual growth. And we can not get to Guru ji with this kind of spirit.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki Fateh

bhul chuk maaf

How fo you correct and practice your nishana or aim on a moving target ????

just thought of an idea....people who wants to practice nishana on a moving target...should go to "shraab theka"...get the bottles, throw them in the air and shoot..........it'll serve 2 purposes...training and other one we know..... :)