What to take to work for lunch?

DustOfYourFeet

as mentioned above,.....simple pratha/roti with different daals, pratha roll with sabzi in it, rice with curry, get vegetables like bell pepper, brocolli, carrots etc in macroni/noodles/rice..........and have some fruits afterwords.....

won't recommend any kind of stuffed pratha as they tend to get damp (coz of salt in it), only good when eaten fresh......

Interesting suggestions, not what I would have (referring to the protay) and I don't eat out either.

This is what I have...

1. Wholewheat pasta with roasted veg, such as peppers, tomotoes, mushrooms, couguettes, aubergines

2. Wholewheat pasta with tomato sauce and vege saugages sliced

3. Wholewheat spaghetti with vege mince in tomato sauce with grated cheese

4. Wholebread bread or little brown rolls with homous, lettuce, grated carrot, peppers, cucumber

5. Wholebread bread with lettuce and cooked tufo in curry sauce (so you make the tufo before hand and allow it to cool)

6. Crackers with cottage cheese and pineapple (take the cottage cheese in a tub) and an apple

7. Quinoa and bulgar with roasted veg

8. Salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, carrot, cellery, nuts, seeds, kidney beans, butter beans, sweetcorn, grated cheese, raisins)

9. Soya or bean burger with a small salad

10. Roti (large and thin) with sabji (like a wrap)

Brown bread and jam. Job done.

But seriously I'd go for something simple. Remember, you eat to live, not live to eat. As much as it may sound a bit tough for foodies (and ex-foodies) such as myself just eat something that keeps you going. 'Mu de suadh' is never a good way to live. So, sandwiches with cucumber, tomatoes, and a slice of cheese is enough. You get your vegetables and protein. Any missing food-group can be covered when you get home. If you keep doing it long enough you'll break through the boredom barrier!