Mata Sahib Kaur Academy (London)

JSinghN

Few questions that need answering in order to clear up - from both sides -

Machete your input would be great on this.

1) Why isnt the owner ready to sit infront of 5singh and Guru Ji.

2) Why did the mangement fail to see this comming?

3) A meeting infront of Guru Panth and Guru Granth should be held, where both sides bring in evidence, bank docs, communication that has been transferred between the two parties, also independent auditors/accountants (paid for their service, and pref non sikh) alongside 5 singh and sangat to decide the truth.

4) why are people like Mankamal (Had lots of respect for this character before - helped with satkar campaign) / mamugan getting involved and jumping on the hate bandwagon??? just to add mirch masala to the issue - they are neither the mangement or owner, don't turn up to acad neither do they do any seva @ acad - they are neither stakeholders or a shareholders in acad when it was running- so why are they out their NOW to name and shame - "to find the truth"??? - who are they to try lead a campaign against the mangement?? I remember many meetings being called, we used to come down - why were they never there? - these questions need answering, and serious thoughts. its people like these that are causing damage to sikhs in UK, and just making problems worser!

I think it is VITAL for the owners perspective to be heard - it was his house on the line and i'm sure he has good legal and moral reasons for his steps.

Everything said should be backed up with evidence, and should be done in a decent manner.

Cats and Cobras such as mankamal, manMUGan/east ldn gurdwara committes/jathebandiya should be kept away from the situation - they are out to get either the management or the owner.

What we really need is accountablity, need both sides to prevent their side in a decent manner, and people who were actual stake holders (families, national sangat as a whole) to hear the truth.

Would be good to get the chnnels involved aswell.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I am Mankamal Singh who is being discussed in the above post.

Mohinder (the owner) had contacted some local Singhs (not me) for an open meeting about the closure of the Mata Sahib Kaur Academy site. The meeting was held at the Mata Sahib Kaur Academy site and arranged by Makhan, Mohinder and Jagga. I did attend and I also forwarded the invite to Prabhandaks and other members of the sangat as it was an open meeting. You are correct in that I have had no involvement and have never supported the Academy through it’s duration and through it’s difficult times. I have respected the seva Rupinder Singh and other sewadars have carried out and have witnessed the direct benefits to the children/teens who have come out of the Academy. It is common knowledge that I do not get along with Rupinder Singh on a personal level and do keep minimum contact with him. I am not a bitter or vindictive personality and I do not get any satisfaction out of belittling or demonising Rupinder or enjoying the fact that a Gurdwara has closed. I always knew that any involvement I would have, would be seen as personal and a direct hate campaign against Rupinder and I clearly said that to Makhan and other Singhs before this open meeting. As a Trustee of Singh Sabha London East, I was asked to liaise with Council of Gurdwaras South East to get attendance. Mohinder asked for a platform and also asked for an opportunity to see if there is a rescue package from the Sangat to re-establish the Gurdwara and effectively buy the property from him. Prabhandaks were called to see if at this stage another Gurdwara is willing to purchase the building from Mohinder. Mohinder did use the meeting to put his version of events down and was also requested by Sangat, present at this meeting, to meet Rupinder as per Rupinder’s personal request in front of Guru Maharaj and Punj Pyaray. I don’t know the outcome of that yet or what is being planned.

At the request of Sangat who attended the Academy and local Sikhs, we will also be raising an agenda item with Sikh Council UK at the Executive Meeting on 2 Feb, purely to see if another Gurdwara or investor wants to put a package forward to restart the Gurdwara.

The issues between Mohinder and Rupinder are obviously deep rooted and the issues around governance, finances etc can only be resolved through both of them being transparent with each other and the sangat. Sangat who were involved in Academy raised questions which they do have the right to raise. Some of the questions raised were directly pointed at Mohinder and some were directly pointed at Rupinder. I assume Makhan has passed the questions on to both. They are valid questions around finances and should be answered.

There was also a meeting held at Singh Sabha Seven Kings last night, which I was not present at, but there is now a cohort of the Sangat who want try and raise the finance to buy the building from Mohinder before he sells it to a third party. Again, this may look like vested interests to some, but the state of the building and current market value of building literally means that there is absolutely no financial gain to be made from any deal by anyone.

Anything more than what has been discussed above is nothing more than a personality issue and adds little benefit to moving forward.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

"Seriously gupt" as you have decided to publicly name individuals on this forum

and call them and other parbandaks and jathebandees "cats and cobras" its only fair that you reveal your own identity.

All sangat have the right to question and get accountability from any parbandaks whether of the Mata Sahib Kaur Academy or other Gurdwara's. All Sikhs are to use your words "stakeholders" in particular regarding the Mata Sahib Kaur Academy Gurdwara as the parbandaks from this Gurdwara have collected so much money in the past year or two from the wider sangat across the UK not just locally

"Seriously gupt" as you have decided to publicly name individuals on this forum

and call them and other parbandaks and jathebandees "cats and cobras" its only fair that you reveal your own identity.

All sangat have the right to question and get accountability from any parbandaks whether of the Mata Sahib Kaur Academy or other Gurdwara's. All Sikhs are to use your words "stakeholders" in particular regarding the Mata Sahib Kaur Academy Gurdwara as the parbandaks from this Gurdwara have collected so much money in the past year or two from the wider sangat across the UK not just locally

Absolutley right please stop the name calling - there is no need for it - no need for childish behaviour -