Canadian Desi Media on Meat Eating

1. What do want to do? (apart from metting me face to face, (chicken) I came from UK to BC)

2. How do you know? Really read histroical accounts from the moguhal scribes, or even independents such as Mushin Fani (Persian)

3. You are wrong. Read Baba Banda Singh Bhahdues account of Sirhind, no muslims became Sikh - really? Just look at the list of converts such as Ali Singh etc.!

1. Vaheguru, this much anger in a person. Sorry for out smarting you their.............maybe next time.

2. Satguru paid people to do kirtan as did Satguru in his first form. Satguru in his tenth form used the same method when it came to fighting. However just like in his first form Satguru never paid anyone for a misdeed in his 10th form.

3. Read what I said again. I mentioned nothing about converts. You have not understood what I said.

Scared of reading Vedant scriptures? If you had read some of the Katha Upanishads or read up on Indra you would understand why I mentioned them when speaking about the Bibi in the video. Let me just tell you in brief. Indra was searching deep inside for many years what is Brahmam. After long enduring self-discipline Indra was told by Prajapati that what you see in the mirror is the self (atma). Virocana (demon) got happy and went off skipping into the forest and started telling everyone Brahman is the body. Indra contemplated on this and came to the conclusion, when the body vanishes the self would vanish. Knowing the self is immortal and is Brahman. Indra rejected such stupidity and kept on meditating. However sorry to say the Bibi in the OP's post can't even move past the first step and says the world is Brahman. She reads Gurbani and Gurbani starts off by telling us what Brahman is. Such people have the Guru slapping you in the face what Vaheguru is, but then you turn around and make the same mistake the demon Virocana did. The Bibi in the video obviously thinks shes some great preacher, So to give such people a reality check, who slander and completely disregard Vedant scriptures, they should understand even Vedant scriptures have more spiritual wisdom than them.

Satguru gives guidance to all and there is no need to go outside, but the point is that even Vedant scriptures can teach more about Vaheguru than those who call themselves Sikh preachers.

Satguru said in his 52 Hukams to study other religous texts, but keep your faith in Gurbani.

I don't get it. Weren't you the one hounding another member on this forum, who is known for his Sanatan views?

There is no need to bring in Hindu scriptures. You should be able to make your point using Gurbani.

Guru Nanak dev ji, Raag Malaar, 1289

gai(n)addaa maar hom jag keeeae dhaevathiaa kee baanae ||
It was the habit of the gods to kill the rhinoceros, and make a feast of the burnt offering

1. I don't get it. Weren't you the one hounding another member on this forum, who is known for his Sanatan views?

2. There is no need to bring in Hindu scriptures. You should be able to make your point using Gurbani.

3.Guru Nanak dev ji, Raag Malaar, 1289

gai(n)addaa maar hom jag keeeae dhaevathiaa kee baanae ||
It was the habit of the gods to kill the rhinoceros, and make a feast of the burnt offering

1. There is a difference from studying other religious texts and understanding how they tried to understand what Brahman is to accepting everything that religious text has to say as the truth. Bhagat Kabir Ji Maharaj through Gurbani tells us to study other religious texts. As i said in my last post....Satguru gives guidance to all and there is no need to go outside, but the point is that even Vedant scriptures can teach more about Vaheguru than those who call themselves Sikh preachers.

2. Then read up on what Bhagat Kabir ji Maharaj says about your comment.

3. You should know better than to copy and paste one tuk of Gurbani, which takes it completely out of context. It was just the other day when you tried to present one tuk of Sri Anand Sahib out of context. Please refrain from such manipulating ways.

Listen anyone who advocates the consumption of -> Meat, Intoxicants incl. cannabis in the form of smoke or drink (& conveniently named something that sounds remotely Sikh like such as Shaheedi dehg) or Alcohol and justify it as being acceptable for a Gursikh was dropped on their head one too many times as a child... And I will happily come and meet anyone from and Jatha or Dal and say it to your face!

This thread is going to go on forever...

People can provide single lines from gurbani to make their respective (veg or non-veg) points. This is what always happens on these types of threads.

Myself, others and the lady in the OP video have done nothing but argue from a view point that is in line with Akal Takht Maryada. That is the maryada we should be following, since Akal Takht is the temporal authority of Sikhs, as decreed by Guru Hargobind ji.

I would kindly like to leave this debate, as I think enough has been said, to the extent that some points now being repeated. As usual there is no consensus.

I think this is why Guru Nanak dev ji said "Fools argue over meat and flesh."

This thread is going to go on forever...

1. People can provide single lines from gurbani to make their respective (veg or non-veg) points. This is what always happens on these types of threads.

2. Myself, others and the lady in the OP video have done nothing but argue from a view point that is in line with Akal Takht Maryada. That is the maryada we should be following, since Akal Takht is the temporal authority of Sikhs, as decreed by Guru Hargobind ji.

I would kindly like to leave this debate, as I think enough has been said, to the extent that some points now being repeated. As usual there is no consensus.

3.I think this is why Guru Nanak dev ji said "Fools argue over meat and flesh."

1. Sure they can, but some like you in this case have taken the tuk out of context.

2. Well the Bibi can't get passed the idea that the body is not Brahman. If I were you, I would not want to club myself with her understanding. I think she had one too many chickens for lunch, hence she is being selectively biased on what Gurbani tuk to present.

3. Here we go again taking Gurbani out of context.

Mod's/admins there should be a rule about when a member presents Gurbani. They should be made to present the whole shabad or pankti and if they don't and present one took then they should be made to present the explanation for presenting one tuk and then explain the whole shabad including the tuk.

Mod's/admins there should be a rule about when a member presents Gurbani. They should be made to present the whole shabad or pankti and if they don't and present one took then they should be made to present the explanation for presenting one tuk and then explain the whole shabad including the tuk.

Members that want to keep the highest respect for Gurbani..................should support the above new rule. If you support the above then write I support or hit the like button on this post. Let's get this rule implemented so others will show higher respect for Gurbani