Canadian Desi Media on Meat Eating

BEFORE CLOSING THE THREAD, PLEASE JUST READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:

You guys all fell into the trap.

This lady in the original video is very much connected/close to Missionary/Kala-Afghana type groups/people.

Their whole mission is to get people divided and arguing/fighting/insulting one another.

They keep on bringing up the most controversial topics and preaching their own thoughts about it time and time again.

There was nothing controversial for many many years before Kala-Afghana, Ghagga and Dilgeer turned their backs on the Panth.

Before them, there was nothing controversial before Bhasaur and Singh Sabha.

Why is everything controversial have one of their parchaaraks or members or affiliates involved?

OPEN YOUR EYES AND BRAINS.

Nihungs, Taksal, AKJ, Nanaksar, etc ALL RESPECT Dasam Granth and (hopefully) Sarbloh Granth as Guru Gobind Singh Jee's Bani.

It's only the missionaries/kala-afghana type groups who have a problem with those Granths.

So, in order to advance their agenda, they need to create some further divisions.

So what do they do?

They know that Taksal, AKJ, Nanaksar and many other groups are against meat.

They know that some Nihungs are against meat in some ways and that some Nihungs support meat in some ways.

So to weaken the strength of Dasam Granth/Sarbloh Granth support.....what do they do?

They start preaching their version of Sikhi and Meat in order to get reaction from all Panthic groups, individuals, etc.

And when everyone voices their reaction, people will end up arguing, having their feelings hurt, putting eachother down, etc, which in turn leads to disagreements, hard feelings and divisions.

If you don't believe me, this whole thread/topic is proof before your eyes. Go back, read every single comment in this thread and see how it all unfolded.

WAKE UP.

waheguru. Please read this before anyone else posts

how can anybody not realise wat the video is doing, i am semi veggie, means not quite, but from seeing that video its obvious wat is being done. totally agree with DasamSarablohGranth, even my Sikhi knowledge may not be much, these people set it up. its awful the way its been done.

this is why people get confused when nonsense people twist gurbani in order to create frustation.

its like doing chuglian and slandering.

one can always tell from the eyes the hidden agenda.

and just to add, when becoming Amritdhari, NO meat, even meat eaters know that.

its somethin as the norm we have have learned from our elders. and for them to state in riddles that maybe allowed totally wrong. come on have some respect for Amritdharis and dont mess it up with over modern views.

how can anybody not realise wat the video is doing, i am semi veggie, means not quite, but from seeing that video its obvious wat is being done. totally agree with DasamSarablohGranth, even my Sikhi knowledge may not be much, these people set it up. its awful the way its been done.

this is why people get confused when nonsense people twist gurbani in order to create frustation.

its like doing chuglian and slandering.

one can always tell from the eyes the hidden agenda.

and just to add, when becoming Amritdhari, NO meat, even meat eaters know that.

its somethin as the norm we have have learned from our elders. and for them to state in riddles that maybe allowed totally wrong. come on have some respect for Amritdharis and dont mess it up with over modern views.

Amritdhari = no meat in your opinion... Akal Takhts opinion is what matters here..they are the supreme authority within the panth on religious matters. It doesnt matter what you learned from your elders..theyre opinion is not above that of Akal Takht..and they're almost definitely Singh Sabha influenced..

I've already posted the Akal Takht Hukamama on the meat issue...it's all very simple. As Sikhs we accept the Hukams of Akal Takht..

"The Hukamnama (Edict or Clarification) issued by Akal Takht Jathedar (Head Priest or Head Caretaker) Sadhu Singh Bhaura dated February 15, 1980 that Amritdhari Sikhs can eat meat as long as it is Jhatka meat and that eating meat does not go against the code of conduct (Kurehit) of the Sikhs. Thus a Sikh cannot be excommunicated for eating meat."

Then you have SGPC Rehat Maryada..again no mention of meat being forbidden, although halal is forbidden.

The undermentioned four transgressions (tabooed practices) must be avoided:

1. Dishonouring the hair
  2. Eating the meat of an animal slaughtered the Muslim way (Kutha)
  3. Cohabiting with a person other than one's spouse
  4. Using tobacco

he nephew of Sant Baba Thakur Singh, Jathedar Baba Trilok Singh Ji states;

‘We read in history that when a dispute between the Sikhs arose it was settled in favour of the meat eating Tat Khalsa. A slip was taken from Tat Khalsa and one from Banda Khalsa and placed in the holy pool at Harimandir Sahib for the Guru to decide which group were the true Sikhs. It was the meat eating Tat Khalsa Nihang Singhs that the Guru chose to show were the true Khalsa.’ (Oral Interview, February 2009)

rom the writings of Principal Teja Singh, a vivid Sikh academic who often criticised British involvement in Sikh affairs, we learn that the ritual of Jhatka was banned by the British:

‘The Guru introduced this idea of Jhatka among his followers, which being incorporated later on by Guru Gobind Singh among the baptismal vows prescribed by him is still insisted on by Sikhs as a mark of their liberty. It stands for freedom of food, which was maintained as long as Sikhs were politically free. But with the coming of the British it was suspended for us, and we are still waiting for the day when we should be again free in the matter of food.’ (Sikhs as Liberators, page 5)

‘The traditions of Kshatri Dharam, the ideals of Jhatka and the custom of anointing weapons with blood have been kept alive until now by the Nihang Singh battalions. Until today this tradition still exists at all Sikh Takhts, should for any reason this be stopped it would be great manmat (egocentric action of men which is against the teachings of the Gurus)’ (Jhatka Parkash, Page 228)

Nihang Singhs eat Jhatka meat because of their traditions. The Guru allowed this tradition of Jhatka to be practised within his army and by his soldiers; it was not for civilians to eat. Maharaj said to them that if need be you may Jhatka an animal and eat it, not just goats or chickens but any animal you may find in the jungle. The Nihang Singhs of today still follow this tradition. When performing Jhatka on a goat, first the goat is bathed, then Japji Sahib and Chandi Di // are read. One Singh stands by the head of the goat and upon the final lines of Chandi Di // being read, ‘Those who sing this divine ballad will be liberated from the realm of life and death’, at this moment the goat is decapitated with one blow and the soul of the goat is liberated. The goat itself lowers its head to receive salvation”. (Giani Thakur Singh, Asa Di // Viakhya Part 25)

Jathedar Baba Surjeet Singh explains;

“Weapons are sustained by blood. We make an offering to our weapons which have been praised extensively by the Tenth Guru within their writings. We offer the blood to the Guru’s battle standards and pray that whenever we go to war with the Guru’s grace we shall be victorious.” (Oral Interview, July 2007)

‘Jhatka was performed on a goat and its skin was removed. Immediately the Singhs made a nagara (battle drum) using its skin.’ (Pracchin Panth Parkash Steek, Part 1, Page 531)

There are various accounts of Sri Guru Gobind Singhs Ji themselves eating Mahapashad, including the meat of a lion;

‘On one occasion Guru Sahib went to hunt prey. They showed the Rajput princes how to kill a lion and then ate the mahaparshad.’ (Sau Sakhi Steek, Part 1, page 197)

@Cisco Singh I am not belittiling Akal Takhat in any way, or saying anything against them, Let me explain it, if I was to take Amrit, being a meat eater now, I would not eat it once I would become Amritdhari. so sorry to disappoint you or anybody with this thinking of mine. I would not eat meat if I was an Amritdhari...and I am not talking for the rest of the world, i am talking for myself only as this is what I have been taught and I prefer to respect this condition, same way as those who think its okay to eat meat if Amritdhari, all entitled to our own opnions without giving mehne to each other. I cant help it if that what my mann feels and thinks. End of, not here to fight with nobody, I personally would not feel right eating it, and having not ate meat for more than 10years in the past, I know how it feels to be given mehne for wat one's mann feels by not eating it.This is my own personal opnion, same way as I cant force those that eat it, I would not want to be forced to eat it or be manipulated into eating it either.

thankuji

There is a lot of personal insults being thrown around here, packed with challenges to meet face-to-face as well. We will not hesitate to report such matters to law enforcement agencies in your respective countries if you threaten to physically harm any of our members. At the same time, both sides need to avoid humiliating each other every other chance they get and cause such an immature street-fight sort of atmosphere on the forum.

Topic locked.