Is there GOD?

Guest Human

Is this thing still going on? I don't think it takes 9 pages of post to answer this question, unless your going to give a really deep response that will go over most peoples head because it will sounds like mysticism.

human, play devils advocate with yourself. It's hard to do this without bias but when you take a deep breath, detach yourself, and examine everything from every angle you can possibly think of, its much more enlightening than getting frustrated or fighting with people on an online forum.

_Human_ you have every reason to ask if there is a God, i disagree with 99% of the people in here,

im perhaps not making many friends, it’s just for me your either right or your wrong, when it comes to Sikhism.

The virus within our Minds and our Sikhs is of interpretation, most will not agree as they have grown up with this mental reasoning,

those who do know that when it comes to the cracks of it, our personal feelings dont mean squat when it comes to truth,

“The universe doesn't owe us condolence or consolation; it doesn't owe us a nice warm feeling inside” -Richard Dawkins,

many people believe in the notion of God because it gives them comfort and peace(this is not wrong if you come to this

conclusion through reasoning, and not pure assertion)

The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.” -Christopher Hitchens,

To those who assert that there is a God full stop, with no explanation, I say have never really cared

enough to study Sikhism for hours or days for an answer or carefully taken in written or Audios of Gurmukhs.

Asserting there is a Fire Monster, one cannot prove there isn’t one, so by your logic there must be one, how foolish does this sound,

insert any other old Greek god Myth, Zeus exists you can’t prove he doesn’t so he must.

“When considering the truth of a proposition,one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one isn't.

Religion is one area of our lives wherepeople imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.”- Sam Harris, author and Neurologist

“People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next.” -Sam Harris,

Knowing something with one’s heart should not be a way of reasoning; one should look at all the information,

evidence, facts or theory in front of us, and do our best to decipher it, through our own mental capacity and peer discussion,

all Im asking is people to spend 20 mins of their life a day, and think about the things they believe and why, and come to a rational conclusion.

For the question if there is a 1 creator, I say it with great awe and bewilderment that the answer is Yes

_Human_ you have every reason to ask if there is a God, i disagree with 99% of the people in here,

im perhaps not making many friends, it’s just for me your either right or your wrong, when it comes to Sikhism.

The virus within our Minds and our Sikhs is of interpretation, most will not agree as they have grown up with this mental reasoning,

those who do know that when it comes to the cracks of it, our personal feelings dont mean squat when it comes to truth,

“The universe doesn't owe us condolence or consolation; it doesn't owe us a nice warm feeling inside” -Richard Dawkins,

many people believe in the notion of God because it gives them comfort and peace(this is not wrong if you come to this

conclusion through reasoning, and not pure assertion)

The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.” -Christopher Hitchens,

To those who assert that there is a God full stop, with no explanation, I say have never really cared

enough to study Sikhism for hours or days for an answer or carefully taken in written or Audios of Gurmukhs.

Asserting there is a Fire Monster, one cannot prove there isn’t one, so by your logic there must be one, how foolish does this sound,

insert any other old Greek god Myth, Zeus exists you can’t prove he doesn’t so he must.

“When considering the truth of a proposition,one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one isn't.

Religion is one area of our lives wherepeople imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.”- Sam Harris, author and Neurologist

“People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next.” -Sam Harris,

Knowing something with one’s heart should not be a way of reasoning; one should look at all the information,

evidence, facts or theory in front of us, and do our best to decipher it, through our own mental capacity and peer discussion,

all Im asking is people to spend 20 mins of their life a day, and think about the things they believe and why, and come to a rational conclusion.

For the question if there is a 1 creator, I say it with great awe and bewilderment that the answer is Yes

Fantastic.

As you have probably guessed, I don’t have a belief in god. Yes, there is a form of energy and the energy is in all. Where my philosophy differs, I do not believe in ritual practises to this energy e.g. praying and everything that involves mind numbing do's & dont's. I do not believe in a god, I do not believe in reincarnation only when you leave you physical body, the earth will absorb your energy and new life will flourish. I do not believe in a concept of a soul, but many beings which are me.

I'm here to live for the moment, not a dreamer of the afterlife. What’s after my death, I don’t know, what’s happening now, well I’m replying to your great post.

So thank you for you reply

Fantastic.

As you have probably guessed, I don’t have a belief in god. Yes, there is a form of energy and the energy is in all. Where my philosophy differs, I do not believe in ritual practises to this energy e.g. praying and everything that involves mind numbing do's & dont's. I do not believe in a god, I do not believe in reincarnation only when you leave you physical body, the earth will absorb your energy and new life will flourish. I do not believe in a concept of a soul, but many beings which are me.

I'm here to live for the moment, not a dreamer of the afterlife. What’s after my death, I don’t know, what’s happening now, well I’m replying to your great post.

So thank you for you reply

The reason i did reply to you asking if there is a Creator is because It bothers me when people are negitive, when people ask about the claims of there faith, generally someone who is dismissive does not know much about his/her faith.

And what if it could be proven, the asseretion of a Creator which intern mean a after life, bestowed morailty and reincarnation do you care engough to falsify the claim, Given the garavity of what this means.. look forward to your reply.

Freedom from reality.

In Matrix the other side was a complete disaster.

I don't think you know what reality is.

The other side was the real world. It was harsh, but they chose to live in reality, rather than have a curtain of falsehood draped over their eyes.

Have you ever had a dream where you felt like you were falling?

Descartes - "I think therefore I am"

Ok, so you will use the holy text to improve your life, that makes sense. But why would you want take advise from teaching which were written 100's of years ago?

Things have changed the world has changed.

If i am judging your question right, things do change in this world there is improvement in technology and some feel there is fall in moral values and character of society. Change is unchanged phenomenon. But one thing is static in nature, that is creator i.e. he doesn't change with time. Baani of Guru Granth Sahib says one thing that if you want to meet God, you need to be Like God i.e. he is pure and truth and you should be pure and truth. Everything that is being discovered by science is always present, we are exploring it and giving definations like big bang, law of gravity. Religion in sikhism is about high moral values and living in a way that you feel god like blood in veins. Its my thought people differ in their approach.

Creation of creator is a Hologram (Each part contains the whole). That's why mystics after enlightnment claim. IT (GOD) is everywhere. Consciousness is the main ingredient in all aspects.We are given by GOD the same creative power. Life for us is about conscious creation meaning pick what aspect do you want to experience in this physcial world. Most of all keep creating life unconsciously and keep responding to it and wonder what's going on. Keep making declarations I am this or that. Repeated declarations become ones sponsoring thought which start to manifest in their reality. Soul knows its part of GOD, mind denies to keep the illusion going and body acts.We are a three part being soul, mind and body. Soul does not change ones mind due to free will provided by creator. Therefore it has to be an act of conscious creation rather than complaince or obedience. Its all a play of consciousness.

A lot of people have their own interpretations of what they think is God.

What if you were told, that it is outlined with Guru Granth Shaib who Vaheguru is, would you still harbour your own personal adaptations?

I see it as a shame that the "whole" spectrum of Reality is outlined by Guru Granth shaib, it is a failing of the Panth and people who preach that it has allowed so many schools of thought to creep in to our youngsters, who find it ok to rationalise their own feelings and assert “truth claims”, to people listening to mystics, to reading books.. about

the afterlife.

There are 2 types of people i see ones that are humble to understand they know nothing and are dependent of Guru jee's guidance, from, what it means to be a good person, to what our role within this world is to the ultimate truth of Reality.

The other willfull people who try find their own meaning in life, but still flying the banner

of religion, only not to really follow its tenets but be half and half, to feel like they are a part of something but not to really do more than say they are Sikh but still make assertions on matters with information that "feels/makes" sense to them.

People we need to stop looking outside of Guru Granth Shaib and have faith that everything we need to know is within Sat Guru.

The reason i did reply to you asking if there is a Creator is because It bothers me when people are negitive, when people ask about the claims of there faith, generally someone who is dismissive does not know much about his/her faith.

And what if it could be proven, the asseretion of a Creator which intern mean a after life, bestowed morailty and reincarnation do you care engough to falsify the claim, Given the garavity of what this means.. look forward to your reply.

Negative people?

When people ask about the claims of their faith, generally someone who is dismissive does not know much about his/her faith?

Who's faith are you regarding to? Mine?

And what if it could be proven, the assertion of a Creator which intern mean a after life, bestow morality and reincarnation do you care enough to falsify the claim.

The word you use is "IF" it could be proven. Well my answer, in the present age it can’t be proven. People have worshipped this creator for thousands of years, we still have no evidence.

You could say if god is real, then father Christmas should be real. To me science is real, this world is real and life is real.