Is there GOD?

Guest Human

God is not telling us to believe what we believe. Our Gurus have come up with a philosophy for living a life that will allow us to realize the truth about our existence and the illusion of the material world.

We don't practice Sikhism to please God. We practice it as a way of life, for our personal betterment. To make us better people and get the most meaning out this life we have.

Other "faiths" have different beliefs. I don't agree with them. Some claim that their faiths have been dictated by God. Sikhism doesn't believe in this.

However, everyone is free to practice whatever "faith" they want.

of course everyone is free to practice what they want, my question is how can it be that those practices are often contradictory? someone somewhere must have been wrong or mistaken.

moses was a prophet

jesus was a prophet/son of god

mohammed was a prophet

the gurus were prophets (is this correct?)

yet they teach contradictory values.

so you can choose either:

1. agree that one of them was right and the others are all wrong.

2. they are all correct and following either of them will get you where you want go.

I am talking about your claim 'Most' scientists do not believe in Supreme being. I actually gave what I read in an article long ago. I will try to find it for you.

one of many sources:

http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/news/file002.pdf

of course everyone is free to practice what they want, my question is how can it be that those practices are often contradictory? someone somewhere must have been wrong or mistaken.

moses was a prophet

jesus was a prophet/son of god

mohammed was a prophet

the gurus were prophets (is this correct?)

yet they teach contradictory values.

so you can choose either:

1. agree that one of them was right and the others are all wrong.

2. they are all correct and following either of them will get you where you want go.

one of many sources:

http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/news/file002.pdf

hehe. I know u would do this. I know most of them are not religious and do not believe in a 'God' which relates to religions but actually believe in a Supreme Power or energy.

There is extensive planning in the spiritual world before you come in this physical world.

Michael Newton PHD has written 3 or 4 books after hypnosis of about 7000 patients.How souls plan their birth experiences. He also coined the term Lives between Lives (LBL). You choose to forget everything before you come to earth or another physical plane. Also 2 books by Robert Schawrtz very informative on this process. We just did not show up randomly in Sikh households. Life is about consciously creating our experiences and GOD will validate those experiences, if you pay close attention to things happening in your life.GOD is all in all Alpha and Omega.First thought and last experience. This is about you choosing. The grandest of all experience is of soul longing to meet GOD. As Sikhs we create this experience by choosing Sikh way of life taking AMRIT, Gurbani and NAAM SIMRAN. We can choose whatever we want and create that experience. Unity is the Truth, Separation is an illusion. Human Body comprises of 50 Trillion cells working in unity to create a human being.

hehe. I know u would do this. I know most of them are not religious and do not believe in a 'God' which relates to religions but actually believe in a Supreme Power or energy.

so what does that mean? they believe in energy because it exists, it can be measured. equations can be written about it. it doesnt mean they support any religion or think that something written 500 or 2000 years ago has been proved to be true. logical thinking and scientific method are not compatible with religious beliefs.

i dont believe in horoscopes or astrology but have you ever read one? it is so wide ranging and covers all the bases that some of it usually applies to you.

they write stuff like:

it is an important time for your finances, you will have a difficult choice to make. elsewhere a relationship will be tested but you will be brought closer together.

that kind of stuff could be made to apply to almost everyone and i feel it is the same with the quotes from the gurbani that someone has used to justify religion and science are on the same page.

it is called selective use of the facts to support your own argument.

I know what you mean. It depends upon the perception one has. If you look outside, what you see and experience will one day vanish as nothing is eternal. Everything was made by an Unstruck primal sound vibration from the Timeless being. Everything is one and one is everything. When the stars, planets were made, the organisms emerged, they started to have duality that they are different from each other which is called duality. Humanity and all other species suffer pain due to this duality. The whole whole purpose of Gurbani is to tell the lost being that you are lost. Go back to the door where you came from. We came from the primal sound and the goal for all the souls is to go back now or in the future. This is how it is, the play and one time end. Gurbani tells us that whatever is found outside is also inside and inside He will be found. There are millions of Galaxies and planets: which was given in Gurbani before the current Science knew of it which is why NASA is exploring sri Guru Granth Sahib in USA and found many things which are proven facts. They even given the title: 'Lord of world' to Sri Guru Granth Sahib in their library. The planet we live in is Karm bhumi and there many like this one.

Eternal happiness cannot be defined by materialsm but by self realisation - who we really are where did we came from and why. That can be experienced from within not outside
There is a story about an atheist who met Sant Teja Singh ji (who was once an atheist himself).
A young man came and asked Sant ji: Sant ji you say there is God.
Sant ji: yes.
The man :show me where he is.
Sant ji :He is everywhere.
Man: No, I want to see him and if you claim he is, show me.
Sant ji kept quite for some time. After a while sant ji opened his eyes and said I am going to do Jaap Sahib.
you just look at me. As sant ji started Jaap Sahib, his face turned red and shiny. There was so much light that the man started hide his face from it.
After the paath was over Sant ji said, you are fortunate that Guru ji allowed me to show you the 'God's light'. You cannot expect to test the existence of 'God' each time an atheist questions.
Science can do the hard things by applying the algorithms and give you appliances and anyone can enjoy the fruits. To find the truth you will have to explore Gurbani yourself.

There is extensive planning in the spiritual world before you come in this physical world.

Michael Newton PHD has written 3 or 4 books after hypnosis of about 7000 patients.How souls plan their birth experiences. He also coined the term Lives between Lives (LBL). You choose to forget everything before you come to earth or another physical plane. Also 2 books by Robert Schawrtz very informative on this process. We just did not show up randomly in Sikh households. Life is about consciously creating our experiences and GOD will validate those experiences, if you pay close attention to things happening in your life.GOD is all in all Alpha and Omega.First thought and last experience. This is about you choosing. The grandest of all experience is of soul longing to meet GOD. As Sikhs we create this experience by choosing Sikh way of life taking AMRIT, Gurbani and NAAM SIMRAN. We can choose whatever we want and create that experience. Unity is the Truth, Separation is an illusion. Human Body comprises of 50 Trillion cells working in unity to create a human being.

is it true because michael newton phd says it is or do you believe it anyway? if you believe it anyway then there no point in mentioning him. what is his phd in? i ask because i cannot be hynotized, it has been tried but i dont fall for it.

I am an Amritdhari. But also think out of the box. Just like Guru Gobind Singh ji (My Father) said to Nirmalas go learn other stuff. All the other stuff just made my faith more in Sikhi. I have read most of the Sikh sant material out there. Have read Sri Guru Granth sahib ji also and still do. Love Dasam granth Bani and am blessed to be part of this beautiful religion. My belief creates my experience.

I know what you mean. It depends upon the perception one has. If you look outside, what you see and experience will one day vanish as nothing is eternal. Everything was made by an Unstruck primal sound vibration from the Timeless being. Everything is one and one is everything. When the stars, planets were made, the organisms emerged, they started to have duality that they are different from each other which is called duality. Humanity and all other species suffer pain due to this duality. The whole whole purpose of Gurbani is to tell the lost being that you are lost. Go back to the door where you came from. We came from the primal sound and the goal for all the souls is to go back now or in the future. This is how it is, the play and one time end. Gurbani tells us that whatever is found outside is also inside and inside He will be found. There are millions of Galaxies and planets: which was given in Gurbani before the current Science knew of it which is why NASA is exploring sri Guru Granth Sahib in USA and found many things which are proven facts. They even given the title: 'Lord of world' to Sri Guru Granth Sahib in their library. The planet we live in is Karm bhumi and there many like this one.

Eternal happiness cannot be defined by materialsm but by self realisation - who we really are where did we came from and why. That can be experienced from within not outside
There is a story about an atheist who met Sant Teja Singh ji (who was once an atheist himself).
A young man came and asked Sant ji: Sant ji you say there is God.
Sant ji: yes.
The man :show me where he is.
Sant ji :He is everywhere.
Man: No, I want to see him and if you claim he is, show me.
Sant ji kept quite for some time. After a while sant ji opened his eyes and said I am going to do Jaap Sahib.
you just look at me. As sant ji started Jaap Sahib, his face turned red and shiny. There was so much light that the man started hide his face from it.
After the paath was over Sant ji said, you are fortunate that Guru ji allowed me to show you the 'God's light'. You cannot expect to test the existence of 'God' each time an atheist questions.
Science can do the hard things by applying the algorithms and give you appliances and anyone can enjoy the fruits. To find the truth you will have to explore Gurbani yourself.

nasa study the guru granth sahib? that is a well know myth and has been disproved. please stop perpetuating myths, you know in your heart of hearts it sounds implausible but you choose to believe it and repeat it to others.

http://www.bayanimills.com/2011/10/01/divine-insight-does-nasa-consult-the-guru-granth-sahib/

nasa study the guru granth sahib? that is a well know myth and has been disproved. please stop perpetuating myths, you know in your heart of hearts it sounds implausible but you choose to believe it and repeat it to others.

http://www.bayanimills.com/2011/10/01/divine-insight-does-nasa-consult-the-guru-granth-sahib/

This whole site your are referring to is a myth.