Is there GOD?

Guest Human

Well tbh im a big follower of the atheist movement, i have unspoken and indescribable respect and love for people like Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens Dan Dannet, Richard dawkins, who speak up for reason and the scientific method, you on the other hand i wouldn’t call i quote "most logically thinking person that i know of" due to the statements i made, which were not answered due to i think, not wanting to give it anytime, because you are stuck in your way of thinking.

i dont know what statements you made that were not answered. i would be happy to answer them. please ask again. i had a lot of replies to make to many people so i just started, it is possible some questions put to me were not answered.

i dont know what statements you made that were not answered. i would be happy to answer them. please ask again. i had a lot of replies to make to many people so i just started, it is possible some questions put to me were not answered.

Appreciate the time, what we can say is all religions are based on faith, but Guru Nanak jee Sikhi is different it’s based on falsifiability, let’s leave aside of all the implication, from why did it take so long to surface, or why so little amount of people this truth is available, this is about the claims of Truth and shouldn’t supersede this yet.

According to Guru Nanak dev jee the God claim can be proven now the leap of faith is will you spend a short amount of your time to follow what is laid out for you to realise God is real. I will lay out how we do this and what you expect to find.,

Geo: "So would you say that the followers of the Abrahamic religions are wrong given that there is only one god and therefor only one definition?"

@Geo

There is only one God, but there are more than one definition.

Blind mice describing an elephant. They feel different parts and describe different things, but it is the same elephant.

So Sikhs would continue to follow something that was written 500 years ago in North India.

Wow, how does that make Sikhs any different to Muslims following Islam, which is from the middle east.

Copernicus concluded that the earth revolves around the Sun over 500 years ago.

Why do we still believe in that?

Because that is the fact and science has proved it.

But you still not have answered, why would you follow something, which was written 500 years ago and completely base your life around these teaching.

So if something is old, then we cannot follow it?

Democracy was invented by the Greeks over 2,000 years ago, but we still follow that.

Guest Kluivert

So if something is old, then we cannot follow it?

Democracy was invented by the Greeks over 2,000 years ago, but we still follow that.

Democracy has evolved with time, democracy is an idea, its has no set ways. Democracy does not dictate on what to wear and what to eat.

So my question again, why would you follow scriptures that were written 500 years ago and completely base your life decisions on?

Copernicus concluded that the earth revolves around the Sun over 500 years ago.

Why do we still believe in that?

because it is true, it is provable again and again. the proof is there for everyone to see. and no one disputes this proof. no one disputes the fact that the earth orbits the sun.

the "facts" of religions are disputed by the majority of people.

the facts of christianity are disputed by all other religions and people of non beliefs including many "christian" non believers who were born into christian families

the facts of islam are disputed by everyone else

the facts of sikhism are disputed by a huge number of people because sikhs number so few compared to the world population.

Democracy has evolved with time, democracy is an idea, its has no set ways. Democracy does not dictate on what to wear and what to eat.

So my question again, why would you follow scriptures that were written 500 years ago and completely base your life decisions on?

How has the idea of democracy changed? Doesn't it mean rule by the people?

I don't understand the question you are repeating. Are you saying that if something is old, it shouldn't be followed?

Why are we speaking English then? It's so old. Why don't we come up with a new language?

the facts of sikhism are disputed by a huge number of people because sikhs number so few compared to the world population.

Which facts of Sikhism are they disputing?

and there have evolved many different democratic ways and these are debated every second of every day at some point in the world or another. there is no one place that decrees what democracy is and how we all must follow the one true way. (although the americans like to try :) )