Same surname marriage

Guest ms19

Jagsaw's been on the sherry, I think. A Christmas tipple. ;)

Just kidding, I know he doesn't drink.

No sherry Mister Singh. Maybe a little too much pepsi though. Too much fizzy pop made me think everybody understands the phonetic alphabet. I was wrong. My bad :(

Basically though, I was saying how silly the poster was for advocating same surname marriage amongst Sikhs without understanding how most minor Jatt surnames (which only exist together in the same 10 mile radius of the same Tehsil of the same district) indicate that those with the same surname were part of the same family living in the same houshold less than 100 years ago. That, my friend, is insest. And that, my friend,is well and truly foxtrot uniform charlie kilo'd uniform papa !!!!

Our ancestors didn't get much right when they were compiling the great Punjabi code of ethics, but they were exactly right with this. Amidst the sexism, casteism and superstition, the prohibition against intra-surname marriage stands out as an example of their remarkable prescience. I mean, the basic biological fact that incest is bad still eludes over 1 billion Muslims across North Africa, the Middle East and South Asia to this day.