Sign in to follow this  
Guest ms19

Same surname marriage

tell me here pls?

Mukti Nama says: 'Gursikh should marry Gursikh', but the Gott ( surname) of mother and Gott of father has to be avoided.

i.e. Satnam Singh has father's surname 'Jones' and Mother's surname 'Smith'. On that basis, Satnam Singh CANNOT marry anyone with the surnames 'Jones' or 'Smith'.

Does that clarify Guru Ji's Hukum?....

It doesnt make it any different it one family was from the sun , and the other the moon. It still against the culture of Panjab, and jatts especially. Even Khatris avoid same ghotra marriage.

depends on the region. The further west the Khatris lived, they adopted the customs of the Muslim population such as marrying cousins and doing watta satta. The the ones from central and eastern Punjab did not.

Mukti Nama says: 'Gursikh should marry Gursikh', but the Gott ( surname) of mother and Gott of father has to be avoided.

i.e. Satnam Singh has father's surname 'Jones' and Mother's surname 'Smith'. On that basis, Satnam Singh CANNOT marry anyone with the surnames 'Jones' or 'Smith'.

No... I mean Give me some Genuine links/scriptures/notes of this hukam Where I can Read the same thing.....

No... I mean Give me some Genuine links/scriptures/notes of this hukam Where I can Read the same thing.....

I gave you the link for the 'Mukti Nama' . Do you not understand English?....

I gave you the link for the 'Mukti Nama' . Do you not understand English?....

it was yours...I want an another link where you read the same thing and I am getting it but I m not getting you..that's the confusion :PP

Please clarify why would Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj give us Singh and Kaur as names and then specify non marriage of same Gotra....I am non punjabi and names in west are based on fathers name (Jones is John;s Son) and others are work based so (smith would be a smithy ie blacksmith) So most Jones wont be related even remotely because they are son of john...there are many Johns - the same with smith. Lets be honest here if you are not marrying anyone thats your sibling, first cousin of parent/uncles/aunties then surely the genetic mutation thing goes out the window? Based on this your great great great grandfather could be the same as your partners great great great grandfather and its still wrong? Really? Surely you should marry the person thats going to have the strongest Sikh jeevan than just ones that appease your family?

• Like 2

Please clarify why would Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj give us Singh and Kaur as names and then specify non marriage of same Gotra....I am non punjabi and names in west are based on fathers name (Jones is John;s Son) and others are work based so (smith would be a smithy ie blacksmith) So most Jones wont be related even remotely because they are son of john...there are many Johns - the same with smith. Lets be honest here if you are not marrying anyone thats your sibling, first cousin of parent/uncles/aunties then surely the genetic mutation thing goes out the window? Based on this your great great great grandfather could be the same as your partners great great great grandfather and its still wrong? Really? Surely you should marry the person thats going to have the strongest Sikh jeevan than just ones that appease your family?

maharaj ji did not say anything like that..This guy is just fitting his manmat with Gurmat... I asked him to give me evidence where the Guruji said like that ..but he is just giving his own links and other authors who themselves believe in Caste names..... Btw Indian caste system is based on Profession not on birth or clan. There is hardly any chance if the same genes are found in both parters and the other thing .. Indian castenames do not represent only one Group of people... These represent many communities of people.. Indeed the harsh truth is that We indian sikhs are being brain washed by our parents... The lesson is taught about the importance of jatheras in our life rather than sikhi and you know We sikhs from india have come from Hindus.. so obviously we need more 500 yrs to grow up from such hindu rituals.....because Its an hindu blood at last ...that we have in our souls...

I do wonder its 2014 ..we are not living in B.C...but believing castenames identify our ancestors ? lol One of the best kidding.... We bark on hindus but we cherish their systems lol

• Like 4

I agree with this post about not being from the same pind. As long as you are not related, it really should not matter.

Infact there are some last names that intermarry. Such as Brars, Sidhus and Gills. I have two massi that are married (my mom's cousins) to men with the same last name. These were arranged marriages.

It is a cultural thing....but some districts like bhatinda...most of those people are Brar's and Sidhus...who marry each other.

So really its about that. Apparently...the Punjab politician "Badal"...is from the pind Badal...but he is a Dhillon...who's daughter is married to a Dhillon as well...

People are really not caring about this anymore, as it is hard to find good people out there.

• Like 2

I agree with this post about not being from the same pind. As long as you are not related, it really should not matter.

Infact there are some last names that intermarry. Such as Brars, Sidhus and Gills. I have two massi that are married (my mom's cousins) to men with the same last name. These were arranged marriages.

It is a cultural thing....but some districts like bhatinda...most of those people are Brar's and Sidhus...who marry each other.

So really its about that. Apparently...the Punjab politician "Badal"...is from the pind Badal...but he is a Dhillon...who's daughter is married to a Dhillon as well...

People are really not caring about this anymore, as it is hard to find good people out there.

when will you people get rid of your backward, tribal tail names and adapt only SINGH and Kaur as your last names??????????????

I was replying to a post. I see no reason to quote & make personal attacks on my posts with very negative words. You are so far from Sikhi, if you have become so inflexible with your orthodox views, mostly like you a teen to 20's turban wearing guy with no life. Sikhi is a religion of love. I am not amritdhari so don't use the lastname Khalsa...I use Kaur before my surname as common practice. Yes we are tribal, and the names may be tribal to you...but that is an familial identity. Kaur & Singh are religious identities that show affiliation to religion. I use both so scream you head off, and show some respect to other people's views.

I was replying to a post. I see no reason to quote & make personal attacks on my posts with very negative words. You are so far from Sikhi, if you have become so inflexible with your orthodox views, mostly like you a teen to 20's turban wearing guy with no life. Sikhi is a religion of love. I am not amritdhari so don't use the lastname Khalsa...I use Kaur before my surname as common practice. Yes we are tribal, and the names may be tribal to you...but that is an familial identity. Kaur & Singh are religious identities that show affiliation to religion. I use both so scream you head off, and show some respect to other people's views.

Your immaturity screams through with your immature comments and mindset.

keep using your sur name, fur name or any other name too. LOL

I'm pretty sure dads pass x and Y chromosome so not sure that's a good post... You get an x from mum and an x or y from dad so xx =girl and xy = dad. Maternal and grandparents links are checked if you do it do it properly. The only issue is lineage so if this Is shared then in our culture it is considered incestuous.... But take advice as u never know what your parents view is until you ask - u don't have to tell them why u r asking just ask.

Guest Guest

Mr Johal saab , Mian v pind to belong karda , main aksar dekhya pind de munde , pind dia kurian naal dating karde ne , Even our elder they have setting neighbors bhabi something like that , honestly ek bar soch ke dekh ke tuhade pind vich aida nai hunda, Pind vich marriage karn lai kuri munda behan bhai , Dating jida marzi karo je dating kar sakde aa te marriage v kar sakde aa , Eh sab bakwas ke sade guru granth sahib vich likhya aa aida , kithe likhya please link send karna , Nale surname kehne banaya sanu ki pata assi koun aa te kitho aaye aa, According to science everyone have connection in the world it means we all brother and sister . Ek passe assi kehnde haan ke dunia ek insaan te aurat bani aa , je ek insaan te aurat to bai aa te assi sab behan bhai hee lagde fer te sanu kise nu v kise naal marriage karn da haq nai aa

Main v ek pind to belong karda aa , Aksar dekhya pind vich munde kurian nu dating karde fer marriage karan to ki probelm aa ? jo jo message kar riha ek bar soch ke dekhe ke pinda vich ki hunda , Even sade elders v ghat nai c , main sunda hunda c ke ohna dada ohna dee bibi naal dekhya , aaj kal v munde kurian pinda vich aam dekhe jande aa, according to sceince we all connected it means we all brother and sister , Even we heard dunia te pehla ek admi aaya fir aurat , je dunia ek aurat te aadmi to bani aa fer te assi sab behan bai , fer te koi v nai marriage kar sakda .