Did sikhs ever take prisoners?

Beginner

I locked my sister in the closet once....does that count?

They probably did, but only when they had to. The prisoners were probably so overwhelmed by how nicely the were treated they probably converted... In a perfect world.

I dunno, I've been reading some more about our history between the time guru gobind singh ji merged with akaal purakh and the khalsa raj fell.

From what I've read so far, which isn't a lot mind you, the panth kinda imploded attacking each other. If it got that bad, who knows what the armies were doing to the enemy.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I wish I were, It's kinda depressing.

I recall reading that Singh's used captive Afghans to clean the sarowar at Harmandir Sahib, after an invading army had defiled it by placing rubbish and the carcasses of dead animals in it during the 18th century.

I think the original source of this information might have been Rattan Singh Bhangu's Panth Prakash incase anyone wants to look into it.

I recall reading that Singh's used captive Afghans to clean the sarowar at Harmandir Sahib, after an invading army had defiled it by placing rubbish and the carcasses of dead animals in it during the 18th century.

I think the original source of this information might have been Rattan Singh Bhangu's Panth Prakash incase anyone wants to look into it.

Thanks!