Guru's Titles....Dilgeer's views

DSGj

In the start of Sukhmani Sahib, Sri Guru Arjun Dev Jee has called Sri Guru Ramdas Das Jee as Sri GurDev(sri Gurdeve Nameh). The first 3 Gurus were also called with different titles, all different from one another. According to Dilgeer's understanding of Sikhi, the 5th Guru is wrong for doing so. You can either trust Sri Guru Arjun dev Jee's understanding of Sikhi or Dilgeer's understanding of Sikhi. Choice is yours.

Are you sure? You need to check what does Gurdev namah means.

simple answer

GUR JAISAA NAHEE KO DEV

there is no deity higher then the Guru

Guru Granth Sahbi ji is our Gur-Dev -

Its just to make clear, if you use Dev with Guru Nanak Sahib ji, then u should also say Guru Teg Bahadur Dev, that u don't.

Guru Granth Sahib is our Guru-Dev, why not call Guru Granth Dev..

Sahib is word used for Akal purakh. ਗੁਰੁ ਪਰਮੇਸਰੁ ਏਕੋ ਜਾਣੁ So my dear Guru Nanak Sahib, Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib, Guru Granth Sahib. One more thing to add, Singh Sahib word is used for Guru Gobind Singh Sahib only, if u call anybody Singh Sahib u should correct it.

Missonary paranoia is amazing lol waheguru

Lol. Guru Nanak Sahib was also missionary, missionary of Shabad Guru. :respect:

Its just to make clear, if you use Dev with Guru Nanak Sahib ji, then u should also say Guru Teg Bahadur Dev, that u don't.

Guru Granth Sahib is our Guru-Dev, why not call Guru Granth Dev..

Sahib is word used for Akal purakh. ਗੁਰੁ ਪਰਮੇਸਰੁ ਏਕੋ ਜਾਣੁ So my dear Guru Nanak Sahib, Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib, Guru Granth Sahib. One more thing to add, Singh Sahib word is used for Guru Gobind Singh Sahib only, if u call anybody Singh Sahib u should correct it.

Lol. Guru Nanak Sahib was also missionary, missionary of Shabad Guru. :respect:

we both know what missionaries im referring to. :)

Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Maharaj ji

Waheguru

some say baba, some say guru, some say "aap narain kaladhaar jag meh parvareyo"

whatever you say say with love and respect.... and dont let anyone say one way is wrong over another, there is nothign wrong with using dev after any gurus name just as there is nothing wrong with putting king before their names.

Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Ji, Baba Nanak, Satguru Nanak, Baba Nanak, Nanak Shah Faqir, Bhagat Nanak, Nanak Kalandar, Gur Baba

his names where many, yet he lives in the hearts of all.....

if we are wrong to use dev then ask Guru Arjun Dev Ji

gur naanak dhaev govi(n)dh roop ||8||1||
Guru Nanak Dayv is the Embodiment of the Lord of the Universe. ||8||1||
This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Basant on Pannaa 1192

Also ask Bhai Gurdas Ji

sathigur naanak dhaev paarabreham pooran breham ||

This Shabad is by Bhai Gurdaas Ji in Vaars Bhai Gurdaas on Pannaa 42

I think the reason you are confused as to why they are used diferently for diferent gurus is probably down to indian poetry measures. medeival Indian poetry is written in measures and according to sylables , the poet would add words to make up the syllable required to make the verse work and make the syllable match, indian poetry also will use diferent wording for the same people to make it sound better and flow on the tongue.

there is nothign ulterior or sinister about it - you coudl say Guru Gobind Singh Dev but it just doesnt sound as good and guru nanak is fine and Guru Nanak Dev is also fine

Jonny ji Here is attached pdf of Prof Sahib Singh from pg 39 sateek of Sukhmani Sahib begins.

Thanks for your reply Veerji,

Prof Sahib Singh Jee has done some different Arths of that slok, but I don't see how his arths are in your favour because even his arth is that Sri Guru Arjun Dev Jee is saying "Sri Gurdev Ji noon (meri) namaskaar hai". And who was the Guru of Sri Guru Arjun Dev Jee??? it was Sri Guru RamDas Ji! so there you go, Sri Guru Arjun Dev Jee is calling Sri Guru RamDas Jee as GurDev.

Thanks for your reply Veerji,

Prof Sahib Singh Jee has done some different Arths of that slok, but I don't see how his arths are in your favour because even his arth is that Sri Guru Arjun Dev Jee is saying "Sri Gurdev Ji noon (meri) namaskaar hai". And who was the Guru of Sri Guru Arjun Dev Jee??? it was Sri Guru RamDas Ji! so there you go, Sri Guru Arjun Dev Jee is calling Sri Guru RamDas Jee as GurDev.

Ok, sir. I thought Guru Ramdass Sahib made clear "baani guru, guru hai baani" pg 982. We sikhs and even Guru Sahibaan consider Baani as Guru. You have made your point clear and I stand corrected for my mistake. I'm Sorry for my rudeness.