Damascus Kirpan

singh245

Wahe guru ji ka khalsa wheguru ji ke fathe,

Just wanted the members of this site to give me there opinions, on the kirpans . I am trying to make an affordable usable and beautiful kirpan for everyday carry. Yes the design is very similar to a popular produced kirpan, honestly he got it right on the design but not on the price.Hand made Damascus/ wootz 1095 carbon steel with 15n20 nickel about 180 layers. The picture with 3 kirpans are made from a single billet and are cut and shaped accordingly. the other two are made of the same material but the handles are pinned and are not one piece of steal. Both blades should be really strong was just figuring out the best way to making them. This is still in the early stages. Will be torture testing these kirpans to make sure they are battle ready weapons. I still not sure about the sheath. I am working on kydex sheaths now still in design phase. But i am hoping to offer these kirpans for $150-180 dollars usa. I am also working on a economical version at about $90 us dollars. Not really a business for me its more of a hobby and side-project. All version will come with kirpan and sheath. Well i am eagar to read your comments.

Wahe guru ji ka khalsa wheguru ji ke fathe

post-31910-0-45225300-1359716841_thumb.j

post-31910-0-15185200-1359716863_thumb.j

post-31910-0-35462600-1359716917_thumb.j

I am not familiar with russian wootz , but nothing we can make today will be even close to real damascus/wootz.

These kirpans are made of what is called modern Damascus or wootz.. You take a high carbon steel and weld it with another metal like iron nickel chromium.... this cause a layering effect and you can see the grain which is what you see in the Damascus. these have raindrop pattern and ladder pattern.

I am not familiar with russian wootz , but nothing we can make today will be even close to real damascus/wootz.

These kirpans are made of what is called modern Damascus or wootz.. You take a high carbon steel and weld it with another metal like iron nickel chromium.... this cause a layering effect and you can see the grain which is what you see in the Damascus. these have raindrop pattern and ladder pattern.

Its called pattern welding.I only pattern welded twice in my life and it wasn't as hard as people say.

Your a blacksmith?

I'm a hobby blacksmith.Couldnt do much this winter cause of the snow and cold.

Wahe guru ji ka khalsa wheguru ji ke fathe,

Just wanted the members of this site to give me there opinions, on the kirpans . I am trying to make an affordable usable and beautiful kirpan for everyday carry. Yes the design is very similar to a popular produced kirpan, honestly he got it right on the design but not on the price.Hand made Damascus/ wootz 1095 carbon steel with 15n20 nickel about 180 layers. The picture with 3 kirpans are made from a single billet and are cut and shaped accordingly. the other two are made of the same material but the handles are pinned and are not one piece of steal. Both blades should be really strong was just figuring out the best way to making them. This is still in the early stages. Will be torture testing these kirpans to make sure they are battle ready weapons. I still not sure about the sheath. I am working on kydex sheaths now still in design phase. But i am hoping to offer these kirpans for $150-180 dollars usa. I am also working on a economical version at about $90 us dollars. Not really a business for me its more of a hobby and side-project. All version will come with kirpan and sheath. Well i am eagar to read your comments.

Wahe guru ji ka khalsa wheguru ji ke fathe

done deal, beautiful work! just let me know when veerjee, I would love to be your customer!

edit: Would the kydex sheaths be as plain as some of the ones I see online or will the have any ornamental elements to it?

afew swordsmiths as stated as above have made wootz... in the certain years , the russian version is named bulat , which rhas its root to fulaad aka wootz. please try and use ther techiques , they have alot of research backing this up , the myth of lost art of wootz is gone. or we have something very similar now