Police barricade Singh Sabha Southall

Lion of Punjab

Who needs enemies when................well you all know the rest. We've come to a breaking point. All this talk of panthic unity is all a farce. We're too far gone to accept/compromise for the betterment of the panth. It's all about me and my party and nothing else. Once some committe members approached Baba Isher Singh Ji Kaleranwale and asked for help in resolving disputes between the different parties. Baba ji's reply was, 'Remove the golak and all your problems will go away"

We're being attacked from within and without. But all these false leaders and their chelas will ultimately be defeated. Yes, many sacrifices will have to be made, but without a doubt, the true sons and daughters of Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj will be victorious.

All these egostical, faithless melogmanics will get there just rewards. Because the biggest sin you can make is to doubt your Guru but these narakvasis don't release this until it's too late. The other day I heard how much sharda pooran Sikhs have. I heard that Bhai Pinderpal Singh ji was once asked about certain Banis and he replied , 'may my throat be slit if I doubt any of Guru ji's Bani.' Whereas, these faithless masands think they know better than Guruji.

A time will come when Gurdwaras will be in the hands of shardavan Sikhs. Those with the panth as their priority and not their own pockets. This is a certainty, just a matter of time.

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa! WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh!

That's what it was all about.. A picture.. And then wen they were begining to look stupid, they turned it into, it not about the pic, but the principle that the Sangat should be consulted before taking major decisions.. Lol, seriously, if they did that for everything, they would waste a lot of time asking 10,000 members.

Plus the reality is that they didn't remove the pic altogether, they displayed it in the library, as they had been told it was a health and safety issue as it was blocking the glass elevator..

Some people just need to find something better to do on a Friday evening, than protest about silly things. Suppose the Sangat sitting there reciting jaap wasn't a a whole waste of time tho..

Anyway, the comittee have now agreed to put it back up in the main foyer, but in different place due to the health and safety issue, but apparently some protestors still aint happy, they want it back in the same place... True warriors..

Power to the sangat. Although there could be more political issues which are tied up with this. I say the sangat did the right thing by protesting. These Gurdwara committees have become drunk with power. If it wasn't for the young kids who come to help out at the Gurdwara and learn about sadh sangat, I would not put a penny in the golak today. Only in the Gurdwara where they treat the sangat with respect, which is very hard to find these days.

No doubt this committee was trying to test the sangats ability to do something when the committee does something wrong. Some committee members have big mouths and they flap their gums all day. Many times I have heard from committee members.....don't worry about it....we'll do it and I know this sangat won't do anything or we'll do it when there is less sangat. Great response from the sangat for this issue.

That's what it was all about.. A picture.. And then wen they were begining to look stupid, they turned it into, it not about the pic, but the principle that the Sangat should be consulted before taking major decisions.. Lol, seriously, if they did that for everything, they would waste a lot of time asking 10,000 members.

Plus the reality is that they didn't remove the pic altogether, they displayed it in the library, as they had been told it was a health and safety issue as it was blocking the glass elevator..

Some people just need to find something better to do on a Friday evening, than protest about silly things. Suppose the Sangat sitting there reciting jaap wasn't a a whole waste of time tho..

Anyway, the comittee have now agreed to put it back up in the main foyer, but in different place due to the health and safety issue, but apparently some protestors still aint happy, they want it back in the same place... True warriors..

Haha i kinda agree, i saw the interview with the committee members, they were saying they had to move it after consultation from health and safety inspectors, I think showing the report to the sangat would ease any distrust on having to move the picture, but i think with some of the people upset, have a underlying issues with the current administration, not too long ago they tried to stop Punjabi lessons and gurbani lessons, which in my opinion was totally wrong, taking away lessons to over 200 children, it was only after pressure from parents lessons were allowed resume on Saturday, it’s just when you get hump for someone anything they do can come across as an attack, this picture issue may have just polarised that feeling further.

Surely there must be more to this than just moving a picture?

My own thoughts are that there should be no pics in Darbar Sahib because all focus should be on Guru Ji but elsewhere in the gurdwara should be fine.

its not in the darbaar sahib, when you come in there is like a big plaza thingy with giant steps, in the middle they have a hukamnamma screen with the meaning and stuff, next to it there is a picture.

The lies came out today! This Morning on the Park Avenue Gurdwara stage, on talking about the removal of the Sahibzade picture, Amarjit Singh Dhillon, committee member, said the photos are manmat and should not be displayed. Now I thought it was health and saftey reasons, or is it that they cant remember their own versions of the truth now, masands the lof of them trying to enforce missionary sikhi on everyone! The pictures they removed from langar hall at park avenue from the walls, were people hiding drugs behind them?

An account from the other side considering many of the posts and videos were potentially biased to one side (at no point was there a mention of the intimidation and threatening behaviour by some - until now it was reported that all the Sangat protesting were peaceful):

http://www.sgsss.org/sgsss-executive-committee-statement/

And this also answer's some of the above poster's entry - unlikely they are anti paintings/pictures considering they are unveiling a new exhibition 'The First Khalsa Raj' in a couple of weeks!

An account from the other side considering many of the posts and videos were potentially biased to one side (at no point was there a mention of the intimidation and threatening behaviour by some - until now it was reported that all the Sangat protesting were peaceful):

http://www.sgsss.org/sgsss-executive-committee-statement/

And this also answer's some of the above poster's entry - unlikely they are anti paintings/pictures considering they are unveiling a new exhibition 'The First Khalsa Raj' in a couple of weeks!

I was only quoting what the comittee member said in front of the sangat earlier today, and its amazing that there is no mention of the reccomendations of the health and saftey report that Mr Sohi was referring to on the sangat tv interview?

The problem is there have been so many different stories out of the comittee members own mouths, no wonder the sangat begins to doubt their motives!

With regards to the allegations of sangat threatening and using bad language until I see proof, i find it hard to believe considering the sheer number of videos out there showing the peaceful nature of them

, not too long ago they tried to stop Punjabi lessons and gurbani lessons, which in my opinion was totally wrong, taking away lessons to over 200 children, it was only after pressure from parents lessons were allowed resume on Saturday,

What excuse (exactly) did they use to try and justify ending lessons. Please tell us. The mind boggles.