Police barricade Singh Sabha Southall

Lion of Punjab

I think wat a waste of police time and money over a picture.

Obviously its not about one picture, probably about two sides of committees arguments, which is pathetic when involving the sangat.

The sangat is divided so is going to be differences in opinions about the picture. If it was just a picture issue, i thought Guru Gobind Singh ji did not want anybody to do their pooja. Forgive me if i am wrong, but isnt that why they gave their gadhee/seat to Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, so nobody would bow down to people or pictures, but to god, Waheguru?

And did they say whoever worships them will go to hell or along those lines? I heard this somewhere so can somebody please clarify it.

Also if people remove or relocate pics in their own houses, do the police come then?

Its over the top for just a pic, surely there must have been other issues which could have been resolved from both sides reasonably.was quite embarrassing watching this and the police must have been confused too.

I am not going to believe no side, only god knows the truth, its just a shame it came to that stage, Sikhs protesting against Sikhs, and involving children too, should never have come to that in Uk too.

I think wat a waste of police time and money over a picture. Obviously its not about one picture, probably about two sides of committees arguments, which is pathetic when involving the sangat. The sangat is divided so is going to be differences in opinions about the picture. If it was just a picture issue, i thought Guru Gobind Singh ji did not want anybody to do their pooja. Forgive me if i am wrong, but isnt that why they gave their gadhee/seat to Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, so nobody would bow down to people or pictures, but to god, Waheguru? And did they say whoever worships them will go to hell or along those lines? I heard this somewhere so can somebody please clarify it. Also if people remove or relocate pics in their own houses, do the police come then? Its over the top for just a pic, surely there must have been other issues which could have been resolved from both sides reasonably.was quite embarrassing watching this and the police must have been confused too. I am not going to believe no side, only god knows the truth, its just a shame it came to that stage, Sikhs protesting against Sikhs, and involving children too, should never have come to that in Uk too.

Kinda like in my last post, the issue of the protest may have been polarised due to another reason, though i can’t be 100% sure, but it does seem abit blown out of context, with so much up roar over a picture. and for idol worship you are right, there is no image or form we have been told to worship but shabad guru, that said there’s nothing wrong with pictures, as they can act as a reminder of our past, from wars to great moments which we should remember I myself find it up lifting every time I see Sant Jarnail singh’s picture within the Langar hall

Yes as motivation techniques pics are ok, thus leading us wanting to enquire more about Sikhi. But worship, no.

Its not very clear cut. But somebody that only goes to the gurdwara to do darshan of Maharaj ji would not take either of the sangats side whether pro or anti committee. With children there must have been been serious as to what is happening in the most wonderful built gurdwara of Uk. I think both sides really need to see how they are portraying themselves to the world and resolve it in different ways instead of making a tamasha of it f others to find excuses to point at us. This is exactly what oppositions want to see. It has a strong impact on the rest of the sangat and tourists.

Where are the Sikh organisations in situations like this? What does Sikh council do? Is there no external body who can sort out these matters and not make the sangat suffer?

Fateh . . . .

To clarify: NOT SUPPORTIVE OF ANY COMMITTES

So a picture gets removed and the sangat is upset. Lets explore

- Who was the committe incharge when the picture was put up - The Baaz Group (Sohi Group).

- Which committe gave the goahead of the picture to be placed where it was - The Baaz Group

- Which committe continuted to ignore any H&S related issues whilst this was in place - The Baaz Group

Now they thought lets remove this picture: (without consulation with the Sangat)

Reasons given

- Drugs being sold behind the picture.
Well in that case you have a bigger problem in running the gurudwara

- Health and Saftey

When did they ever conduct a H&S review.
You will find never unless some back dated documents are now produced.

- We do not worship Idols

Oh and you just remembered that. Have a look inside your home (which I have had visited) and there are pics glore.

I fail to understand that all sangat, and all tv presenters do not click that they can quiz the ID 10 T's that they are interviewing to expose them.

The muppets will remain muppets and are never going to have the decency or see beyond their nose. Hence the reason for us being in this mess.

Enough said - Southall Committes (both of them) are worse than each other.

What's the solution - RAB RAKHA!

Fateh . . . .

time for a revolution.....get some new blood in there for next years elections, we all moan about how corrupt and egotistical these committees are, its time for change. How hard could it be to set up a third party, not like last elections that was complete BS and ploy to split votes by a desperate Sohi. mixture of young and old with no hidden agendas and politcal favours, just a straight up committee who are there to speak and answer questions from sangat with new and fresh ideas.

or am i living in dream land?...

Fateh . . . .

To clarify: NOT SUPPORTIVE OF ANY COMMITTES

So a picture gets removed and the sangat is upset. Lets explore

- Who was the committe incharge when the picture was put up - The Baaz Group (Sohi Group).

- Which committe gave the goahead of the picture to be placed where it was - The Baaz Group

- Which committe continuted to ignore any H&S related issues whilst this was in place - The Baaz Group

Now they thought lets remove this picture: (without consulation with the Sangat)

Reasons given

- Drugs being sold behind the picture.

Well in that case you have a bigger problem in running the gurudwara

- Health and Saftey

When did they ever conduct a H&S review.

You will find never unless some back dated documents are now produced.

- We do not worship Idols

Oh and you just remembered that. Have a look inside your home (which I have had visited) and there are pics glore.

I fail to understand that all sangat, and all tv presenters do not click that they can quiz the ID 10 T's that they are interviewing to expose them.

The muppets will remain muppets and are never going to have the decency or see beyond their nose. Hence the reason for us being in this mess.

Enough said - Southall Committes (both of them) are worse than each other.

What's the solution - RAB RAKHA!

Fateh . . . .

Very informative.

Not that I ever trusted Sohi.

Once a crook, always a crook.

As with the dhunda incident, it did not take long for him to show his true colours again.

I think wat a waste of police time and money over a picture. Obviously its not about one picture, probably about two sides of committees arguments, which is pathetic when involving the sangat.The sangat is divided so is going to be differences in opinions about the picture. If it was just a picture issue, i thought Guru Gobind Singh ji did not want anybody to do their pooja. Forgive me if i am wrong, but isnt that why they gave their gadhee/seat to Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, so nobody would bow down to people or pictures, but to god, Waheguru?And did they say whoever worships them will go to hell or along those lines? I heard this somewhere so can somebody please clarify it.Also if people remove or relocate pics in their own houses, do the police come then?Its over the top for just a pic, surely there must have been other issues which could have been resolved from both sides reasonably.was quite embarrassing watching this and the police must have been confused too.I am not going to believe no side, only god knows the truth, its just a shame it came to that stage, Sikhs protesting against Sikhs, and involving children too, should never have come to that in Uk too.

To those who say pictorial depictions of the Gurus / Sahibzadey are manmat (missionaries?)

Please answer the following questions.

Firstly :

Please explain as to where pictures were designated as manmat in Sikhi.

Secondly :

Please prove how pictures equate to idol worship.

Not for or against pictorial depictions. Just want to know your reasoning, if any.

Thank you. I anticipate your arguments.

Good on the sangat for standing up to these old men who are only interested in themselves their ego and homai has caused all this, its about time we stopped funding these big buildings and looked after the poor and needy like our Guru Sahibs did. Most of theses men are uneducated have no manners on how to speak to people yet we elect them and then they cant handle the power!!. Its no wonder the kids dont want to become sikh when they see this kind behaviour by so called proper sikhs!

Sangat ji stop arguing about photos being idol worship or not and let Maharaj be the judge. By showing the world this behaviour we dont do ourselves any favours. Its time the old made way for the new. please forgive me if i have hurt any ones feeling as this is not my intention.

WJKK WJKF.