Say no to Guru's pictures

panthicunity

And read this to open your eyes to see the light of truth.

The Gur Partap Suraj, popularly known as the Suraj Parkash is a six volume work detailing the lives of all the Sikh Gurus. It was completed during the rainy season of 1843 A.D by Bhai Santokh Singh.

The lives of the Gurus, from the second to the ninth, inclusive, are divided into twelve Raas or sections, corresponding to the signs of the Zodiac. The life of the tenth Guru is presented in six Ruts, or seasons, corresponding to the six Indian seasons, and into two Ayans, the ascending and descending nodes. The whole work is written in metre, and in difficult Hindi, with a large admixture of pure Sanskrit words.

Bhai Santokh Singh is said to be indebted to the writings of Bhai Gurbaksh Singh, who survived Guru Gobind Singh by 25 years and relayed his history to Bhai Sahib Singh (also see Sau Sakhi). It is, however, doubtful whether Bhai Santokh Singh had access to any trustworthy authority. From his early education and environment he was largely tinctured with Hinduism. He was unquestionably a poet, and his imagination was largely stimulated by copius draughts of bhang and other intoxicants in which he freely indulged. The consequence was that he invented several stories discreditable to the Gurus and the Sikh religion. Some of his inventions are due to his exaggerated ideas of prowess and force in a bad as well as in a good cause - a reflex of the spirit of the marauding age in which he lived. His statements accordingly cannot often be accepted as even an approach to history

veerji u may be enjoying higher avastha .....

but me paapi.........agree what bharahmgyiani and mahapursh say......

and this pic is taken from damdami taksal......taksal of guru gobind maharaj.....

and one thing is sure u r not intelligent then Shromni kavi of khalsa panth......Bhai Santhok Singh Ji. (he is writer of this granth.......)

veerji u may be enjoying higher avastha .....

but me paapi.........agree what bharahmgyiani and mahapursh say......

and this pic is taken from damdami taksal......taksal of guru gobind maharaj.....

and one thing is sure u r not intelligent then Shromni kavi of khalsa panth......Bhai Santhok Singh Ji. (he is writer of this granth.......)

Like I mentioned before think and reply and then I put the qualities of Bhai Santokh Singh in bold for making it easier for you to

understand. But alas, you still cannot comprehend simple things.

ha ha ha ..... i knew this was coming......i'm not a fool fooling around veerji.........

i know enough about kavi ji.........if by chance u know any mahapursh / gyani go and have a word with him about this......

what u suggest is that all of the panth is bewkoof ...that they respesct and accept this granth n kavi ji

search this topic in sikhsangat as well ......

if u have a slightest knowledge of writing technique ....u would have not post or copy paste it.......

i dont wanna argue anymore....ur internet page is true and panth and panth granth is false

and one more thing...its better to go n listen Suraj parkas katha on anywebsite..... rather then copy paste that stuff in split second.

i may suggest you LISTEN....THINK.....GET ADVICE AND THEN REPLY...

ha ha ha ..... i knew this was coming......i'm not a fool fooling around veerji.........

i know enough about kavi ji.........if by chance u know any mahapursh / gyani go and have a word with him about this......

what u suggest is that all of the panth is bewkoof ...that they respesct and accept this granth n kavi ji

search this topic in sikhsangat as well ......

if u have a slightest knowledge of writing technique ....u would have not post or copy paste it.......

i dont wanna argue anymore....ur internet page is true and panth and panth granth is false

Do not argue Go back to bed. Wake up and try to think.

Do not argue Go back to bed. Wake up and try to think.

Daas noo maaf kardo.Im a pappi who believes in fairy tails and a need your truth and forgiveness.Will you give me the naam?

Sarcasm filter is off

If the whole panth believes this then why shouldn't I.The taksal of guru Ji studies it or are they fools for studying it?

I really don't care If bhai sahib bhai kavi santhokh Singh choorman was a drunkard,what he made was just amazing.Who ever comes with such details is just amazing.I would kiss his feet.Waheguru gave him the power to see back to our gurus time.

I don't care if they are all fairy tales and they never even were real,they show my guru in a positive light.

Forgive daas if he has said anything wrong.

Who told you that Guru Nank got this done?

None of our Gurus got their portraits done by any artist as they were all against the practice of idol worship.

Can you explain how putting up a picture of Satguru is idol worship? Have you sat with Gurmukhs or even listened to Gurmukhs speak on this topic? Gurmukhs state do not worship the Guru's picture, but take inspiration from it. Utilize the picture to re-construct how Satguru showed Gurbani through their actions. Gurmukhs say to put up Gurbani around the house and put up the pictures as well.

To even begin to understand or explain Nirgun Saroop of Maharaj is very difficult. If you want we can start a new topic on Nirgun Saroop and all those that oppose putting up pictures can explain to the rest of us ignorant Sikhs how to understand and experience Nirgun Saroop. Many sages ("Hindu") of the past have tried to understand Nirgun Saroop, but they went off the path and came to the conclusion that there is no Brahmin/God or whatever you want to call him.

You have been on here long enough to understand the dark hole the missionary are travelling on. These same people very soon will be no different than the Hindu sages of the past who say there is no God. Don't put one foot in the same hole.

Sargun Nirgun Nirankar......