Say no to Guru's pictures

panthicunity

Fair enough but actions speak louder than words.

What if Jesus Ji was dark skinned and hazel eyes, would they still put the statue up? He was brown skinned and did have hazel eyes but the new world and low lives who use religion to control people painted him white. It's social control and telling people to subscduously submit themselves to the white man.

If they have an idol it is logical to take face value and assume they are worshipping it like the pagans did. It's similar to Islam worshipping kaba and the black coffee pot looking shrine.

protestant or catholic? sikh with photo of GURU in house or no photo in sikh's house? what will the term? :biggrin2:

People have 2 views they will celebrate gurpurabs with puratan bikrami(hindu) dates but will like to have photo of GURU'S like family member. Ironically they will celebrate anniversaries, birthdays of their family members with gregorian claender and not of Guru's reason being:...........

1. Missionaries oppose photo's.

2. Missionaries support fixing gurpurab to gregorian calendar dates.

Guru Nanak Sahib ji himself was missionary of SHABAD GURU.

^^ jumping from one topic to another ehh..

How did your purewal fixed dates in his calendar? Did he calculated dates all the way back to guru jees time? Or did he just wrote dates on his own idea? I asked him this question and got a shocked reply. I will post his reply only after I see your reply showing us the light on how your purewal uncle fixed dates on his calendar.

So Bikrami calendar is Hindus calendar? Is that what you meant when u posted bikrami(Hindu)?

Missionaries have this mental disorder where they instill fear in others and do emotional blackmailing that if you don't do this or follow that then you are not aSikh but a Hindu. Such level of thinking is too degrading and straightforward racist. Very negative mentality !!

Bikrami calendar is lunar based, therefore the dates change from year to year.

Nanakshahi calendar is more practical, especially since the whole world uses the Gregorian calendar.

Thus, our holidays are easier to officially recognize in all countries, as we are now a global diaspora.

It just makes sense.

^^ jumping from one topic to another ehh..

How did your purewal fixed dates in his calendar? Did he calculated dates all the way back to guru jees time? Or did he just wrote dates on his own idea? I asked him this question and got a shocked reply. I will post his reply only after I see your reply showing us the light on how your purewal uncle fixed dates on his calendar.

So Bikrami calendar is Hindus calendar? Is that what you meant when u posted bikrami(Hindu)?

Missionaries have this mental disorder where they instill fear in others and do emotional blackmailing that if you don't do this or follow that then you are not aSikh but a Hindu. Such level of thinking is too degrading and straightforward racist. Very negative mentality !!

Purewal uncle :biggrin2: Mature discussion.

Its not about jumping from one topic to another, its about how one c things. When things r compared they have to be rational I don't think it is to do with mental disorder. Photo like family members but gurpurab's with old traditional dates hindus word will be always used because it is hindu calender. What can I say if these are two different things, but we were celeberating gurpurab with gregorian dates couple of years back. And fall of budhism in india is because of hindu idol worship making way into bhudism. Nanaksar is very good example of it Sant claim's there that is the original picture of Guru Nanak Sahib.

We sikh have our guru, GURU GRANTH SAHIB, bani is our guru, why don't we get a shabad framed in our house Guru parbraham parmeshwar Guru Arjan Dev ji pg 49 sriraag.

His followers looks at photo and GURU ji LOOKS HIS GURU AS PARBRAHAM PARMESHWAR.

If simply one listen to other opinion than your's, don't c it as mental disorder. "Veechaar" you have to think and decide.

Rest can be seen below:

Bikrami calendar is lunar based, therefore the dates change from year to year.

Nanakshahi calendar is more practical, especially since the whole world uses the Gregorian calendar.

Thus, our holidays are easier to officially recognize in all countries, as we are now a global diaspora.

It just makes sense.

@ topic

Idol worshiping... is worshipping without love and faith

example......Bhagat Dhanna ji and the tarclochan pandit, both worshipped "pathar"...........as Bani tells us........ Bhagat Dhanna ji achieved Lord......why? beacuse of his innocence, love and faith...

Guru Granth Sahib ji da path karna...without love and faith is idol worshipping as well..........

If one can find God from a "pathar", why not from a "picture"............... ? but has to have those qualities to attain HIM.

Another question to the "picture" opposing party......picture te concentrate na karke kinea ke rab nu pa leya.....literelly..be honest................when you guys are following the right path, as you say...............koi taraakii ta honi chahidi aa as compared to those who worship picture...........and piture worship waleaan nu ta kuch vi ni hona chahida .....but still people worshipping picture are going up in their spiritual level...why????

@ topic

Idol worshiping... is worshipping without love and faith

example......Bhagat Dhanna ji and the tarclochan pandit, both worshipped "pathar"...........as Bani tells us........ Bhagat Dhanna ji achieved Lord......why? beacuse of his innocence, love and faith...

If one can find God from a "pathar", why not from a "picture"............... ? but has to have those qualities to attain HIM.

Another question to the "picture" opposing party......picture te concentrate na karke kinea ke rab nu pa leya.....literelly..be honest................when you guys are following the right path, as you say...............koi taraakii ta honi chahidi aa as compared to those who worship picture...........and piture worship waleaan nu ta kuch vi ni hona chahida .....but still people worshipping picture are going up in their spiritual level...why????

pathar, ghar le aayo tusi. pujoo kaun rokda hai. baani vich kithe likhya hai Bhagat Dhanna ji and the tarclochan pandit, both worshipped "pathar

"Guru ki moorat mann meh dhyaan" Bring the image of Guru in your awareness.

For that, we need some images as a tool. Some people use it as a meditative tool, its all about how to raise your consciousness. For some it helps increase their devotion and love for the guru. We are all students at various spiritual stages, some need more gross tools than others. I definitely need the beautiful and lovely saroop of my father Guru Gobind Singh ji from Hazoor Sahib. Guru jis face is so beautiful, the most beautiful eyes ever seen, sohnni kalgi prakash, and a beautiful aura. That image of my father invokes devotion in me and thousand others.

If you were not supposed to admire the images or pictures of Guru jis, then why did Bhai Nand Lal ji wrote so intricately about the single details of Guru Gobind Singh Jis beautiful hair. By missionaries's logic their body would be an idol so you cannot praise the beauty of the Guru. Where do you draw the line?

My vichar is ,to each their own, if an image helps someone feel connected then let him be that way . That person is not hurting you in any way..he is only hurting your ego by not confining to your standards of sikhi. If you dont like pictures, then no problem, stop preaching to others against it and stop confusing the new sangat. Just let it be, chill, do your bhagti, and move on.

How would you translate the pankti " Gur ki moorat mann meh dhyaan"?

And how can one do dhyan of Nirgun saroop ?

Guru Gobind Singh, Dasam Granth, 79

kee moorrh paathr poojaa kara(n)th || kee sdhh saadhh sooraj siva(n)th ||
Many stupid fools worship idols with the basil leaves. Many ascetics and practitioners deify the Sun.

Guru Gobind Singh, Dasam Granth, 110

paae paro paramaesar kae jarr paahan mai(n) paramaesar naahee || 99||
O stupid! fall at the feet of the Supreme Spirit as there is no Supreme Lord in these stone ­idols.(99)

Fair enough but actions speak louder than words. What if Jesus Ji was dark skinned and hazel eyes, would they still put the statue up? He was brown skinned and did have hazel eyes but the new world and low lives who use religion to control people painted him white. It's social control and telling people to subscduously submit themselves to the white man. If they have an idol it is logical to take face value and assume they are worshipping it like the pagans did. It's similar to Islam worshipping kaba and the black coffee pot looking shrine.

Alan: ....I mean, Jesus was from the Middle East.

Lynn: Was he? Jesus wasn’t brown.

Alan: Lynn, let’s not have that discussion now.