Say no to Guru's pictures

panthicunity

I know the pictures that we come across may not have any true resemblance with gurus but I do think they are pretty close.

They are the artist's impression- true !

But they do give us a good idea of how to differentiate between Guru Nanak ji and Guru Gobind Singh ji. I mean how else would one know and confirm that they have had darshan of Guru Nanak ji or Guru Gobind ji or even Both.

We have every right to say that the impression of the artist may be false, but we have no right to refute someone's claim of darshan !

Say the picture looked exactly like the Guru, would you respect it then?

Also showing respect and and worshipping the picture of the Guru's body is two different things. The Shabad you posted speak about worshipping not respecting.

Very well said bhai sahib ji.

Leave aside pictures missionary elements do not accord any respect to them and even our Gurudwara sahibs saying pilgrimage is shunned in sikhi.

Having pictures of Guru sahibs is a demonstration of mark of respect and not idol worship.

The answer is very clear. THE IMAGINARY PICTURES OF OUR GURUS HAVE NO PLACE IN SIKHI.

The answer is that disrespect to our Gurus who were themselves Satguru has no place in sikhi.

Jithe jai bahe mera satguru so than suhawa ramraje

SGGS ji

Yes as a clarification - das did not mean animations or historic depictions - just the pictures with halo in the back to which people do matha tek !

Not that only.It is missionary agenda under which there is a systematic compaign to show no respect to our Guru sahibs.They say Guru sahibs have gone and what is the benefit of respecting them.They have SGGS ji and missionaries want to confine to that only.

But keep in mind that sikhi comprise our scriptures, history and traditions. They are the ones who propagates against respect for Guru sahibs pictures and even our Gurudawras.

The answer is that disrespect to our Gurus who were themselves Satguru has no place in sikhi.

Jithe jai bahe mera satguru so than suhawa ramraje

SGGS ji

What relevance has this quote from Guru Granth Sahib to do with the subject being discussed here.

And to remind you again , Say no to Guru's pictures.

What relevance has this quote from Guru Granth Sahib to do with the subject being discussed here.

And to remind you again , Say no to Guru's pictures.[/size]

The quote accords utmost respect to our Guru sahiban.

Who are you to tell me NO about pictures.If you want to follow atheist agenda follow it but do not tell others

to follow it. Do you get it.

It has been written that respect is not idol worship.

Do only missionaries complain about pictures ???

What's the deal with GPS then ???????

Yes they are the ones who has started all this. They not only question pictures of our Guru sahibs

but also condemn respect shown to shashters, personal possessions of Guru sahib, even belief in Guru sahibs

calling them as dead persons.

They call such acts as rituals. We know what is ritual and what is not. As has been repeatedly told that respect towards Guru sahibs pictures is not idol worship.Then what else is left to be sought.

We know we are believer in shabad Guru and no one need to remins this to us. Missionaries need to be told that what is shabad Guru as they do not know about this.

One of my relatives visited Harmandir sahib and met some missionary friends who were in touch with him on line.He was not knowing that they were missionaries.

Two of them took him to Bhai Veer singh's house on his demand and then accompanied him to Harmandir sahib.

Missionaries started telling him like this

1 What is the purpose of having scared pool and maintain it.

2 Why people are bowing to Nishan sahib

3 Why sangat go around parikarma.This is a ritual.

He told me that all the time he was there they were criticizing everything. He did not dare to call them again.This is a true happening.