Say no to Guru's pictures

panthicunity

GPS veerji ....... ppl who say no to pictures are missionaries or real high avastha saints / bharamgiyani

ppl opposing pictures on this forum are so lucky to have achived that high avastha ..... that dey no longer need pictures for inspiration or remebrance. they are enlightened enough

but sad to say dese are missionaries .......

they dont believe in suraj prakash granth ..... and sakhi in granth about how guru Teg bahadur ji painted his photo ....... ( what more u can debate with dese guys )

link to photo ....

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/70341-say-no-to-gurus-pictures/page-11

had you been initiated you would not have posed this question.Simple logic as you would have known it.

Thanks for elaborating on shahters. Do you respect shashters?

Sadly, there are many initiated Sikhs that don't know simple logic as you call it.

Do I respect shastars ??

Well, no one has asked me to and no one has told me not to.

However, I think one should understand what a double edged khanda actually means before they wear and respect one.

I would appreciate to know what it means to you and other members.

The only shastar puja I know about is the one at Hazoor sahib.

I'm not nihang enough to partake in that, so you can tell me otherwise.

Sadly, there are many initiated Sikhs that don't know simple logic as you call it.

Do I respect shastars ??

However, I think one should understand what a double edged khanda actually means before they wear and respect one.

I would appreciate to know what it means to you and other members.

The only shastar puja I know about is the one at Hazoor sahib.

I'm not nihang enough to partake in that, so you can tell me otherwise.

If we follow your logic then we have to remove frescoes from Harmandir sahib.

Do you believe in Dasam Granth sahib?

Have you visited any takhat sahib? had you , you would have understood respect for shahsters.Do not bring extraneous subject like Hazoor sahib etc in this discussion.

Luckysingh

You have asked me second time about double edged khanda.Do you read Dasam Granth. It is written about this there.Shashters originate from there. You want a quote from there i can post it for you.

Do I respect shastars ??

well, Guru Hargobind sahib ji and Guru gobind singh ji asked khalsa to respect , love and keep shastars ......

even ppl at guru hargobind singh ji time ....used to present shastars instead of money or gifts.........

as they were making khalsa army

veerji it was pun .... for these missionaries ( may be galat ho gya )

yes i belive in Dasam granth , surajparkas , sants and pictures ....

Veer ji

I am sorry for that post as it was wrongly directed.I have deleted it.You can edit and delete that.

If we follow your logic then we have to remove frescoes from Harmandir sahib.

Do you believe in Dasam Granth sahib?

Have you visited any takhat sahib? had you , you would have understood respect for shahsters.Do not bring extraneous subject like Hazoor sahib etc in this discussion.

I've never been to Punjab mate ! :biggrin2:

And I don't even have any family or anything to visit.

I am the so called washed out 3rd generation angraijh !!!

I've never been to Punjab mate ! :biggrin2:

And I don't even have any family or anything to visit.

I am the so called washed out 3rd generation angraijh !!!

Luckysingh ji

But you have been to your local gurudwara. There are shashters there in front of Guru Granth sahib.

Shashters are part and parcel of sikhi. We have learnt these things while growing up in Punjab reading

sikh scriptures and visiting Gurudwaras.

If you visit a takhat and especially akal takhat shashters are laid at main podium and parkash of Guru Granth sahib is to the side.There is a regal shamiana on shashters. It used to Dasam Granth there till 1944 but revisionists sgpc lifted its parkash in 1944 whereas other two takhats continued to do that.

Guru sahib has written that a sikh should not show his face to him without shahsters.It is a fact that missionaries condemn shashters placement in front of Guru Granth sahib.