Sign in to follow this  
panthicunity

Say no to Guru's pictures

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Say the picture looked exactly like the Guru, would you respect it then?

Also showing respect and and worshipping the picture of the Guru's body is two different things. The Shabad you posted speak about worshipping not respecting.

• Like 4

"If gurus wanted to have portraits made of themselves , they could have done that through artists"

Well, how bout this? read the caption. http://oljourney.wordpress.com/2009/01/13/gurunanak/

Who told you that Guru Nank got this done?

None of our Gurus got their portraits done by any artist as they were all against the practice of idol worship.

• Like 1

"If gurus wanted to have portraits made of themselves , they could have done that through artists"

Well, how bout this? read the caption. http://oljourney.wordpress.com/2009/01/13/gurunanak/

It does not look old.

http://www.damdamitaksaal.org/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=32&page=view&catid=63&PageNo=6&key=52&hit=1

It's supposedly real

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3420/3869161982_842a9a9b0b_z.jpg?zz=1

This is supposedly real as well.

Both pics are of guru tegh bahadur maharaj Ji.

Who told you that Guru Nank got this done?

None of our Gurus got their portraits done by any artist as they were all against the practice of idol worship.

Veerji i think you havent listen to suraj parkash katha.....happening in all guru ghars world around......

• Like 1

Veerji i think you havent listen to suraj parkash katha.....happening in all guru ghars world around......

Can you please shed more light on what you are trying to say here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/banmeet/8439367841/in/photostream

here is a real pic of guru teg bahadur ji...

and sakhi is from suraj parkash granth....

one bibi from dhaka ...wanted to have a picture of guru maharaj....

seeing her shardha maharaj agreed.....

but painter was not able to paint the face of maharaj.....

as he couldnt glare at maharaj's face.....maharaj de face te noor hi ena si...

maharaj smiled and said....i'll finish this picture myself...........

Edited by Pappi9

http://www.flickr.com/photos/banmeet/8439367841/in/photostream

here is a real pic of guru teg bahadur ji...

and sakhi is from suraj parkash granth....

one bibi from dhaka ...wanted to have a picture of guru maharaj....

seeing her shardha maharaj agreed.....

but painter was not able to paint the face of maharaj.....

as he couldnt glare at maharaj's face.....maharaj de face te noor hi ena si...

maharaj smiled and said....i'll finish this picture myself...........

And as a Sikh you believe in this fairy tale?

And as a Sikh you believe in this fairy tale?

oh im sure u even not believe in sants den......as u belive in only guru granth sahib........

veerji this is from suraj parkash granth....and eh granth panth parvanik hai.....means parvan to all panth...

every giyani , kathakar...... or anybody do and learn katha from this granth......every taksal teach u this granth

FOR U ITS FAIRLY TAIL......for me its guru maharaj di sakhi......

Edited by Pappi9
  • Like 2

Try going back to basics of Sikhi and then ask yourself that our Gurus who gave their everything to

fight the empty rituals ever do what you are trying to convey in your fairy tale.

Think and reply.

• Like 3

And read this to open your eyes to see the light of truth.

The Gur Partap Suraj, popularly known as the Suraj Parkash is a six volume work detailing the lives of all the Sikh Gurus. It was completed during the rainy season of 1843 A.D by Bhai Santokh Singh.

The lives of the Gurus, from the second to the ninth, inclusive, are divided into twelve Raas or sections, corresponding to the signs of the Zodiac. The life of the tenth Guru is presented in six Ruts, or seasons, corresponding to the six Indian seasons, and into two Ayans, the ascending and descending nodes. The whole work is written in metre, and in difficult Hindi, with a large admixture of pure Sanskrit words.

Bhai Santokh Singh is said to be indebted to the writings of Bhai Gurbaksh Singh, who survived Guru Gobind Singh by 25 years and relayed his history to Bhai Sahib Singh (also see Sau Sakhi). It is, however, doubtful whether Bhai Santokh Singh had access to any trustworthy authority. From his early education and environment he was largely tinctured with Hinduism. He was unquestionably a poet, and his imagination was largely stimulated by copius draughts of bhang and other intoxicants in which he freely indulged. The consequence was that he invented several stories discreditable to the Gurus and the Sikh religion. Some of his inventions are due to his exaggerated ideas of prowess and force in a bad as well as in a good cause - a reflex of the spirit of the marauding age in which he lived. His statements accordingly cannot often be accepted as even an approach to history

veerji u may be enjoying higher avastha .....

but me paapi.........agree what bharahmgyiani and mahapursh say......

and this pic is taken from damdami taksal......taksal of guru gobind maharaj.....

and one thing is sure u r not intelligent then Shromni kavi of khalsa panth......Bhai Santhok Singh Ji. (he is writer of this granth.......)

• Like 2

veerji u may be enjoying higher avastha .....

but me paapi.........agree what bharahmgyiani and mahapursh say......

and this pic is taken from damdami taksal......taksal of guru gobind maharaj.....

and one thing is sure u r not intelligent then Shromni kavi of khalsa panth......Bhai Santhok Singh Ji. (he is writer of this granth.......)

Like I mentioned before think and reply and then I put the qualities of Bhai Santokh Singh in bold for making it easier for you to

understand. But alas, you still cannot comprehend simple things.

ha ha ha ..... i knew this was coming......i'm not a fool fooling around veerji.........

i know enough about kavi ji.........if by chance u know any mahapursh / gyani go and have a word with him about this......

what u suggest is that all of the panth is bewkoof ...that they respesct and accept this granth n kavi ji

search this topic in sikhsangat as well ......

if u have a slightest knowledge of writing technique ....u would have not post or copy paste it.......

i dont wanna argue anymore....ur internet page is true and panth and panth granth is false

and one more thing...its better to go n listen Suraj parkas katha on anywebsite..... rather then copy paste that stuff in split second.

i may suggest you LISTEN....THINK.....GET ADVICE AND THEN REPLY...

Edited by Pappi9