Only five

What can i say? This is not the first systematic witch haunt was attempted against snatam kaur...perfectly normal thread in the past on sri guru gobind singh ji dasam bani was ruined http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/69593-re-man-eh-bidh-jog-kamaao/

Someone who is so blinded with their hatred, self righteous attitude that they don't even see shabad or essence of- re man bidh jog kamaoo actual message of sri guru gobind singh ji dasam patsah before ruining that shabad thread and before shooting the snatam kaur whose was singing the shabad and ruining that shabad thread above ...yet these individuals claim they are defenders of sri dasam granth sahib...my bloody foot..!!..no they are not, they are defender and victim of their hate and fascism..they put hate, power, control, fascism, self righteous holier than thou attitude before sri dasam patsah bani..!!!.

I have mentioned this in a past not sure if sevadars got a chance to discuss this witch haunting and bullying by individuals :

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/69974-tweaking-new-forum-settings-including-forum-rules-and-guidelines/

In regards to policy-

1. Please do decide policy on 3HO. No one needs to expect a black lash or needs to be shy away from posting material be it great audio lecture-katha, soothing kirtan by 3ho members just because certain members don't like it here, perfect example - http://www.sikhsanga...idh-jog-kamaao/ .... perfect kirtan thread being ruined by member... who for whatever reason thought snatam kaur is enemy of Khalsa Panth so lets just ruin the thread, villify/demonize members who posted it and along with villify and demonize snatam kaur who was merely singing re man eh bidh jog kamiyo. If certain members have issues with 3HO like Gursant Singh, they should take it to sri akaal takth sahib, instead of bullying everyone on here.

If the rules are implemented to ban 3ho material be it kirtan, audio lecture, picture...its understandable everyone should follow it...but if the rules are implemented to allow 3ho material as long its gurmat orientated then no one should hijack the thread, demonize and villify individuals who started it.

2. Witch haunting (be it subtle or evident) has to stop, I am not a idol worshipper nor i m 3ho follower and last one was new allegation/accusations that i support homosexuality having anand karaj.. not sure how many times i have been called that on many threads Why? Just because i tried to take good things/aspects from 3ho and share them..that does not mean i agree with them totally...not sure how many times i have been called those labels, direct character assassination attempts were made to equate me with dhunda and darshan raggi.. so In return i have every right to vehemently defend myself against vicious/intimidated/character assassination post directed towards me.

3. Direct insults were thrown towards members such as- chatanga and myself, people bought my sister in to discussion in udasi thread/ calls were made for ban just because chatanga didn't agree sant ji was alive and endorsed baba harnam singh dhumma. Again everyone have every right to vehemently defend themselves when it directed towards their family and defend themselves against demonize and villify intimidation post- call out for ban(in cyber world it equates to silencing someone by force- totally against Gurmat aspect of freedom of speech/freedom of liberty laid by Sri Guru Tegh Bahudar Shahedi) just because people don't agree with certain individual mindset/beleifs.

Thats it for me, you guys are pretty mature and experienced...you guys know what to do...!!

A Sikh is not allowed to perform idol worship. Now is this statement a fact or only opinion?

Very Fair comment.

Yes, it is FACT !!

If I could make the accused realise this, then I would. Even if they claim it was done for respecting whoever and whatever in the role of a guest !

You have to draw the line somewhere and a sikh should know the boundaries.

If I were to attend a mandir as a guest, out of respect I would probably accept their prashad and I would probably make the loose change offering to their idol like everyone else. But I would most likely NOT bow down or give my prayer to it. I would make my prayer within in me to waheguru akal prurakh and no other, this would be my inner focus.

Under no cicumstances would I bring the idol or devi name into my prayer or ardas.

This would probably be the farthest I would go and for that matter what any sikh should go in such an encounter.

I'm not sure about the fire video or some of the other stuff, but a guest would partake only minimally, ie maybe just throw one odd item into the fire and that's it. BUT, if they sat there throughout the whole ceremony throwing whatever flowers or stuff into the fire. then that is Wrong in my books.

I have not spoken for or aginst 3HO and Snatam Kaur. I simply gave the facts of what they mean to me and some of the godd that the yogi has done.

I also spoke against the practice of spiritual names and numerology that they endorse, and I believe this is strongly against gurmat.

We should try and teach/educate sikhs that may drift away from the path instead of excluding or disowning them.

This is my main point, which is why I rarely get involved in slandering.

But YES, Only 5 ji has bought some valid points and issues to our attention that shouldn't be ignored.

But it's the way we handle them that actually matters to all of us because the way we handle them is what differentiates us !

What can i say? This is not the first systematic witch haunt was attempted against snatam kaur...perfectly normal thread in the past on sri guru gobind singh ji dasam bani was ruined http://www.sikhsanga...idh-jog-kamaao/

I never participated in this thread at the time but looking back at it- it was a very nice thread that was ruined by judging the ragi or Snatam for singing the shabad.

We can't be judging what the ragis do in line with the shabad they sing !!

I mean the way we are moving forward in this world, it won't be too long before we realise or come across some ragi that may be gay or comes out the closet!!

Does this mean that we will disregard all the shabads sang in their beautiful soothing vocals ?

Of course not, people would think we were mad and ruthless.

I couldn't care less what side of the bed the ragi gets out of or what kind of diet he/she has, or whether they have been mariied 5 times !!

If they can inspire you to like and adhere to a shabad with the soothing vocals and peaceful music, then they have accomplished one thing postive and beneficial for ALL.

Pay attention to the Art and not the artist,

Pay attention to the picture and not the artist.

Do we love Guru Nanak ji for the way he dressed in a seli topi and chola or for the work he did ?

www.gurmukhyoga.com/forum/index.php I recently read this guy's interesting book. He's an ex 3HOer who has realised that Jogi Bhajan was a pakhandi who distorted Sikhi into something other Sikhs barely recognise. The website is poorly organised, but worth a read through. What I want to know is how on earth the Jogi duped the SGPC and got his picture installed in the Sikh museum at Amritsar? Money I guess...

You know what.

People get into Sikh from all sorts of crazy angles. That's how it is. Some people come in from exploring their Panjabi culture, some from hearing Gurbani, some from x, some from y.

Baba Nanak had patience with Sajjan Thug, a murderer who used religion to pull off his dirt. A cannibal. Guru Hargobind rehabilitated Bidhi Chand who was straight thief.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that even 3ho can be a vehicle into Sikhi, and yes, people might not be perfect, but that doesn't give those weirdos amongst us, who seem to be on some constant judgmental trip toward all and sundry to create even more nasty vibes amongst our samaaj, when we've already got enough problems as it is!

The plan? Take time, be inspiring, be inspired and warm and welcoming and make the panth grow by integrating people in it - and YES this may well involve tolerating what appears strange to us, at times, for a while.

Sorry to ask but... inspite of reading so many comments... regarding sikh n idol worship,,,

i dont know what is 3HO? who is Snatam Kaur? koi das do?mainu :stupidme:

Basically, white American converts who embraced Sikhi back in the 70s under a spiritual leader called Harbhajan Singh Yogi. The movement grew rapidly during the 90s.

Basically, white American converts who embraced Sikhi back in the 70s under a spiritual leader called Harbhajan Singh Yogi. The movement grew rapidly during the 90s.

Oh ok.......... Yup in video mainu lagda c they r white converted to sikhs......

N What is 3HO - Stands for ?