Only five

I don't ever get this.

Why do we need to concentrate so much over the negative stuff? You don't like something? Ignore it. Move on!

There SO many Raagi, keertaniye, dhadhi that we know who eat meat and drink alcohol.

Why don't we ever question their rehni-behni?

The video of Bibi Snatam Kaur posted originally is SO beautifully heart-warming and touching. I fail to understand how one could gather negativity out of it. Seriously!

True there are ragee dhadees who do drugs and get on stage as well.

Whoa! never heard that one! Waheguru Kirpa karan.

It's sick, but in India a lot of people do drugs and I've heard that some dhadees get on stage and do such things.

Not sure who, but kirtanees and everyday sangat knows it happens (even if occasionally). Lots of pakhand going and people claiming to be a part of the Panth when they really aren't.

Lots of pakhand going and people claiming to be a part of the Panth when they really aren't.

I agree!

Also, looking at that, we really need to sort what parchaaraks born into sikh families (and Punjab) are doing....and then move onto the converts.

I do seriously agree that issues like 3HO sikhs dancing to Gurbani, idol worship, worshipping at Hindu Dhaam, doing yags etc, and promoting Hindu deities and Hindu mantras etc etc should be dealt with. They are obviously free to do whatever they want to as individuals but not whilst in Sikhi-Baana. It simply gives out the wrong message.

Although, I'm glad that in the video describing a Sikh way of life, they haven't included any of the anti-Gurmat stuff.

I agree!

Also, looking at that, we really need to sort what parchaaraks born into sikh families (and Punjab) are doing....and then move onto the converts.

I do seriously agree that issues like 3HO sikhs dancing to Gurbani, idol worship, worshipping at Hindu Dhaam, doing yags etc, and promoting Hindu deities and Hindu mantras etc etc should be dealt with. They are obviously free to do whatever they want to as individuals but not whilst in Sikhi-Baana. It simply gives out the wrong message.

Although, I'm glad that in the video describing a Sikh way of life, they haven't included any of the anti-Gurmat stuff.

Yep, correct me if I'm wrong, but the general consensus on this thread is that whatever questionable stuff is being done by 3HO Sikhs is wrong.

The approach on how to fix the problem is where everyone is differing on. I think instead of arguing about whether a certain approach is t-ban mentality or whatever we should all openly condemn Sikhs performing such acts.

Approaching Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib and having Akaal Takht Sahib issue a statement that tells all of the 3HO members to refrain from performing anti-Gurmat activties.

Jab Lag Khalsa Rehega Niyaraa, Tab Lag Tej Diyou Main Sara. Jab Ehe Gaye Bipran Ki Reet, Main Na Karoun Ihn Ki Parteet

Guru Gobind Singh Ji is very clear, not only do we not befriend such individuals, he withdraws his support and thus the Guru's Khalsa Panth also stops associating with such individuals. We shouldn't support activities of such people who perform such activities, but with that said I don't think everyone who is being labelled under 3HO performs such acts. (Or at least the innocent side of me would like to think so).

Yep, correct me if I'm wrong, but the general consensus on this thread is that whatever questionable stuff is being done by 3HO Sikhs is wrong.

The approach on how to fix the problem is where everyone is differing on. I think instead of arguing about whether a certain approach is t-ban mentality or whatever we should all openly condemn Sikhs performing such acts.

Approaching Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib and having Akaal Takht Sahib issue a statement that tells all of the 3HO members to refrain from performing anti-Gurmat activties.

Jab Lag Khalsa Rehega Niyaraa, Tab Lag Tej Diyou Main Sara. Jab Ehe Gaye Bipran Ki Reet, Main Na Karoun Ihn Ki Parteet

Guru Gobind Singh Ji is very clear, not only do we not befriend such individuals, he withdraws his support and thus the Guru's Khalsa Panth also stops associating with such individuals. We shouldn't support activities of such people who perform such activities, but with that said I don't think everyone who is being labelled under 3HO performs such acts. (Or at least the innocent side of me would like to think so).

Exactly my views there!

Personally, I listen to Snatam Kaur's keertan much more often than any one else's. Because it makes me calm and peaceful...and better relaxed to go to sleep. :)

On the other hand, I have read and watch many of Gursant Singh's articles and videos. I have to say that I agree with most of his views about the anti-Gurmat practices.

But still, it would be purely hypocritical for me to bash the entire 3HO guys, when Snatam Kaur inspires me with her keertan as well!

I think that Only Five bhaji is trying to raise valid points but is going about it the wrong way. He ruined a wonderful thread of the keertan of Re man eh bidh jog kamaao...and started this thread to bash them again via a perfectly positive video.

This certainly isn't the right way.

The key points should be discussed in a mature manner rather than being so hateful. It is sad, really.

It's upto Guru Sahib to judge who is a Sikh and who is not, its not up to you sir.

Its upto me, surely not, but you have to look at the way gurbani consider her practise if you consider her practise shown in the video appropriate, then please do so, in my opinion its wrong and you supporting her act against gurmat is also wrong. Its just about my view according to gurmat, not her individual personality.

So what makes you a Sikh? What makes her anti Sikh? Isn't that job for sri akaal takth sahib? and ultimately, between the person and Guru sahib??

You want to do honor maha panthic seva of stoning her? Or you want us to dispatch aurenzeb sharia vaddis from Afghanistan/Pakistan to do this for you folks?

Calm down, I don't claim myself a pure sikh but there are some ways, which should be according to gurmat.

Don't jump out of context, I just said" if somebody consider her sikh, then they should read gurbani" just read gurbani and check if this practise is right or wrong.

I'm torn on this issue. Surely someone with her (as in Snatam Kaur) amount of knowledge and prem for Sikhi should know the veneration of inanimate objects (I got the old thesaurus out, lol) simply isn't on. It's just so basic that even a fool such as myself realises this.

I understand the whole "She's come into Sikhi from a different perspective / She's easing herself into the faith" etc, etc., but when someone puts themselves into the public eye as a high-profile baptised Sikh then you really need to have all your bases covered.

If I were, hypothetically speaking, to convert to another religion, I would be humble enough to not take my old hang-ups, habits, or ideas with me. It would be a clean slate because I would wish to embrace something new wholeheartedly, and absorb everything about that new faith starting from the beginning. But if, somewhere along the way, someone has given her the impression that it's okay to do whatever it is some aspect of the 3HO seem to have no compunction in doing then that's something that needs to be addressed by them, either by clarifying they believe idol worship is acceptable, or that mistakes were made and it was simply an error of judgement.

First and foremost, the phrase involving the words "glass houses" and "stones" needs to be adhered to. Whilst on an individual level we might be functioning well, it simply isn't enough to kick-up a fuss when what we perceive as so-called outsiders deviate from the norm. It makes us look weak and unwelcoming.