is nanaksar a cult sect, what is it ?

Hammertime007

Took my young sons to a Nanaksar thaath the other day.

They were shocked to see a big imaginary picture of Guru Nanak in the Darbar Hall and

people bowing to it.

They felt very uncomfortable with this and also the kaachi baani being sung there.

They told me they do not want to go anywhere near that place again which is not even a Gurdwara.

I never bow to the pics, whenever i go. But to Maharaj ji instead, I think its coz of Nanaksar i got interested in Sikhi, whereas befor i went to gurdwara i used to just sit and not understand much of paat. Understand what Ragmaala is saying, i am not spokesperson either, would love to go to Kaleran one. Its the stories of Babaji being what they were that gave me hope to carry on with life.

And how all their attention used to be on Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. It maybe different, but its peaceful too. Raagis also sing in Raags, that's great to listen to. Some of the best raagis i seen there, love it.

Ps: also love how Maharaj ji are placed on higher position, this impressed me most, as more respect towards them automatically came within me.

Respect to Baba Nand ji.

If Nanaksaris are all about Guru Nanak, then why don't they have langar?

The practice of langar was started by Guru Nanak dev ji.

Waheguru ji....when Dhan Dhan Baba Nand Singh ji were doing bhagti....Guru Nanak Dev ji did bachan to him that you don't have to go anywhere to ask for food....your food willl come to you......and that bachan is been kept till now.....

also paiseaan da matha nahi tekde othe........that's why sangat brings in parshada.....ona di sewa lagdi hai........

They do have langer on pooranmashi.......also sangat do bring other stuff the rest of the days.......and people are hungry can have something from the gurdwara kitchen.....it's not that someone comes and they don't have food to provide them....a singh will ......

Baba Nand singh ji ne Guru Nanak Dev ji de pushan te eh bachan mangeya c..ke ik vi cheez te ona da naam na howe........koi vi jaga ona de naam te na bane......Guru sahib de bachan han ke oh apne pyareaan di parsansha aap kraunda hai....

That's why Nanaksar is called "bhagti da ghar"....coz it is all about nirol bhagti........

some people say....they only praise Guru Nanak Dev ji...no other Guru................but at the time of saying this they forget that all Gurus are one Jot......no difference .............

other thing to highlight...they always recite more bani/ardas/keertan as compared to any other gurdwara ( no offence to others please)......which is what we are here to do......

I think the above posters Tuhintuhin and rinku_sikh are spot on, the satkaar is unique and very very lovely to watch too.

I think when people have been used to committee wale gurdware and not experinced other gurdwaras they think something odd about them, but we dont realise that we are the ones that have been isolated from the world and not seen satkaar and sampardasa that have been going for years and years from proper Mahapursh/brahmgiani times, thus to our brain it seems different and with me personally i must say i am beginning to enjoy the adjustment. definitely not a cult, we had a Sukhmani Sahib ji paat at our house, and the sevadars were sooo soo gud with their satkaar, and didnt look down on us that we didnt know anything, the kirtanis are great too. They know how to sing..and it makes u want to know more about Sikhi.,