Washing Darbar Sahib Floor With Milk Is Equal To ShivJi's ** - Singh Sabha Canada

DSGj

Though i wrote since nineteenth century, but it is important to note here that Bhai Mani singh ji on taking charge of Darbar sahib in 18th century has put maryada of harmandir sahib in writing.So all procedures carried out there are in a manual.

Tales these missionaries tell others that there were two banis of nitnem beofre sikh rehat maryada is all crap.Never believe these people.They need to be exposed as singhs exposed dhundha at Ceres ( california).They are paper tigers and we need to combat them with gurmat.

please get the facts right before commenting. It is not gold paint but a thin layer of gold plate. Btw, there is already request released by takhat not to call pavitaar asthan 'golden temple'.

This is all missionary krap about whining about use of milk @ darbar sahib. Forum members who are genuinely questioning about use of milk, please don't get into their trap of divide & rule.

Plus, it is not our theeka to feed poor but governments responsibility. Give us our raj back {Khalistan} and we will take care of poor ones properly. Our gurus system work perfectly - laangar. What more we can do? [before giving list, think whether its govt duty or not].

Most of us know the lack of academic education in missionaries. They have no knowledge of science and taxi drivers like jeonwala make their own stories

to defame our age old practices which are embedded in wisdom.

Marble is a crystalline structure formed from lime stone.Detergents that are acidic or alkaline will damage the marble if used for cleaning.;clearning with solvents have residues that result on erosion of surface resulting in damage.Pure milk is acidic and residue left will leave dirt leading to mould. So what they do is dilute milk with water of sarovar and that is the best procedure to wash marble since 19th century.

So what management is doing is the most appropriate method and .when you visit inner area see the softness and smoothness of marble there.It is amazingly soft.

Thanks for this. Dairy product do have cleaning properties. That is why Milk Lasee was used to clean marble or how olden times people in Punjab used milk product like yogurt on their hair before the invention of the modern shampoo. Sadly we have these Singh Sabha canada writers who like to sensationalize things and write out of line like they did when they called this as semen, it just comes to show how dirty their mindset is. These perverts see sexuality in everything.

As a kid growing up in punjab i used to wash my hair with yoghurt and sometimes lassi.

if you consult a sensible doctor he will advise you not to use soap for bathing on regular basis as it sucks

natural juices from your body. i knew a doctor captain9 equivalent to brigadier in army0 kuldip singh from indian navy

and he used to talk about such naturopathy topics.

As a kid growing up in punjab i used to wash my hair with yoghurt and sometimes lassi.

if you consult a sensible doctor he will advise you not to use soap for bathing on regular basis as it sucks

natural juices from your body. i knew a doctor captain9 equivalent to brigadier in army0 kuldip singh from indian navy

and he used to talk about such naturopathy topics.

True. milk products like yogurt or lasee were very good for the hair. My grand mother still uses these instead of the shampoo. I have heard elderly/buzurgs say that during the olden times there were less bald men in Punjab because back then shampoo was not common which they say increases baldness.

Veer Chuck singh ji -

* Gold is needed for a worldly king to prove to the world his magnificence and royalty, The king of the universe which is our Guru is beyond worldly flamboyance.

* Why did Guru Arjun Pathshah or subsequent gurus not gold plate Harmandir sahib (its not because they didnt have the resources) - because they consistently wrote in gurbani about there being no difference between Gold and dust

* The greatness of Harmandir Sahib is due to principles like four doors suggesting equality , 24 hour keertan - gold plated or othwerwise it will still bring the same joy to the soul

My beloved sister RKK - sorry if I come across as callous - I completely agree before spouting our personal opinions we should see whats written in sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj

ਕਨਿਕ ਮੰਦਰ ਪਾਟ ਸੇਜ ਸਖੀ ਮੋਹਿ ਨਾਹਿ ਇਨ ਸਿਉ ਤਾਤ ॥੧॥

kanik mandar paat sayj sakhee mohi naahi in si-o taat. ||1||

Mansions of gold, and beds of silk sheets - O sisters, I have no love for these. ||1||

ਮੁਕਤ ਲਾਲ ਅਨਿਕ ਭੋਗ ਬਿਨੁ ਨਾਮ ਨਾਨਕ ਹਾਤ ॥

mukat laal anik bhog bin naam naanak haat.

Pearls, jewels and countless pleasures, O Nanak, are useless and destructive without the Naam, the Name of the Lord.

AND

ਲੋਹਾ ਕੰਚਨੁ ਸਮ ਕਰਿ ਜਾਨਹਿ ਤੇ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਭਗਵਾਨਾ ॥੧॥

lohaa kanchan sam kar jaaneh tay moorat bhagvaanaa. ||1||

who look alike upon iron and gold - they are the very image of the Lord God. ||1||

The key is if we spend a fraction of the amount of time studying SGGS we spend on these forums engaging in ego battles, we would be much better off. I humbly admit I am alp budhi (small wit) moorakh and do make mistakes but when I quote gurbani I am not expressing my personal opinion. You and chuck singh can download SGGS and search for gold to see what Guru ji says about it (you can search for Kanik, swarn, soina and kanchan in a transliteration)

I will start a sparate thread about gold (general use of gold not darbar sahib) and gurmat.

Also before everyone jumps at me , I am not advocating removal of the gold - anyways its not solid gold ,just gold paint - all I am saying is we should make it no big deal that Darbar sahib has gold - and never should we call it golden temple - we should always refer to it as Sri Darbar Sahib or Sri Harmandir Sahib.

Dear Bhaji,

Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Saheb Ji used to wear a Kalgi made out of gold and it had diamonds in it as well.

The gold-plating on Sri Harmandir Saheb was done by Maharaaja Ranjit Singh ji as a tankhaah (punishment and sewa) given by Jathedaar Akaali Phoola Singh ji. This sewa was done in presence of Singh Saheb (head granthi) Baba Sant Singh ji, who were also the 5th Mukhi of Damdami Taksaal.

(P.S. I'm honoured by being called a beloved sister. Thank you, ji)

Dear Bhaji,

Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Saheb Ji used to wear a Kalgi made out of gold and it had diamonds in it as well.

The gold-plating on Sri Harmandir Saheb was done by Maharaaja Ranjit Singh ji as a tankhaah (punishment and sewa) given by Jathedaar Akaali Phoola Singh ji. This sewa was done in presence of Singh Saheb (head granthi) Baba Sant Singh ji, who were also the 5th Mukhi of Damdami Taksaal.

(P.S. I'm honoured by being called a beloved sister. Thank you, ji)

Your right on the mark!

Guru gobind Singh Ji lived like a king.He had a ring,kalgi,necklace,etc.