Few questions about Rehet

Waheguru ji ka khalsaa
Waheguru ji ki Fateh!

1) Can anybody explain what does the khanda - double edge sword in the middle represent? I read somewhere that it was about birth and death.

2) How can we do sanskaar of hair in western countries? I keep saving them rather than throwing.

3) How should I wash Sarabh Loh utensils? I also really wanted to understand the whole Sarabh loh maryaada if that is available anywhere. I come from a family where food is not made by true Gursikhs or in Sarabh Loh utensils. So will it still be possible for me to keep the full maryada?

4) I heard many Gursikhs say that we should wear kesri rang underneath the dastaar. And the Kachera we should wear has to be white. I was wondering what is the significance of this?

5) Many Gursikhs say we should not let people touch our feet because we can loose Kirpa. But why is it related to feet?

1) The khanda represents many things in sikhism. It also represents God. Even in christianity, the double-edged sword being of God quality is mentioned.! When we have 'double' edge, then in between is a very sharp and fine line. This is the line of precision that a sikh travels on to become Gurmukh. The 'double' edge can be used to show the duality that exists in this world, so YES it can mean birth-death, light-dark, strong-weak...etc... all the different dualities present in this world.But the fine line in between is the one to walk on to find 'GOD'. This is how I see it personally and you wil find many differing examples out there. And other members may give slightly different answers. I find that if you study Gurbani, then after some time all the symbols around us make some sort of personal sense.!

2) I'm not sure what you mean here, is this the hair that comes off in your comb ?

If so, then just discard as normal, we don't believe in hindu rituals thta some one can take a lock of your hair and control you !!!!

3) Wash as normal with detergents or whatever. It's the remains of your food that you are washing off and not the metal.

4) Kachera should preferly be white, since it is a mor practical colour to indicate hygiene. Over here in the west, we wash after 1-2 days wear because we know. But in India, they only used to really wash when the clothes looked or seemed slightly soiled and white was a better indicator

I'm not sure about the khesri patka, but personally I find it a good reminder to wear something khesri since if there was a single colour tat you could attach to khlasa, then that would be khesri for me.

5) Don't touch or bow to other's feet and never let anyone bow to your feet either.

We ONLY bow to the Guru.

There is a difference in what your conscious is doing when it is 'BOWING' to feet and when it is 'TAKING the DUST OFF' other's feet.

As you know a sikh should always show the utmost HUMILITY and NIMRATA by humbly taking and putting themselves to the level of the dust of the sangats feet.

This is NOT thesame as bowing, because then you are praising and honouring the person as a God or supreme figure.

2) You can either do agan-sanskaar (burn them) or do jal parvaah (dispose them off in flowing water). It is important to do so, don't be misled that you can just throw them away.

4) Kashera has to be washed daily, i.e. a GurSikh should wear a fresh/washed/clean kashera daily. If you can't wash daily, you still got to ensure that you don't wear the same one the next day. In summer times when one sweats more, Singhs do ishnaan more than once a day and change their kashera because a GurSikh is never to remove his/her kashera even during taking bath/shower. So obviously it gets wet and you can't wear it back again.

Exactly.

2) You can either do agan-sanskaar (burn them) or do jal parvaah (dispose them off in flowing water). It is important to do so, don't be misled that you can just throw them away.

4) Kashera has to be washed daily, i.e. a GurSikh should wear a fresh/washed/clean kashera daily. If you can't wash daily, you still got to ensure that you don't wear the same one the next day. In summer times when one sweats more, Singhs do ishnaan more than once a day and change their kashera because a GurSikh is never to remove his/her kashera even during taking bath/shower. So obviously it gets wet and you can't wear it back again.

What exactly is the hair issue in no.(2) ??

I'm not too sure, but I have heard about the flowing water.

Is it the hair that comes off on your comb ??

4) Of course I should have mentioned that the kashera should be washed daily.

Looking back at my post, I know it may be seena little misleading,However, I was actually thinking about general whites like shirts..etc..that show in a couple of days wear!!

Don't do this with your kachera !!!

What exactly is the hair issue in no.(2) ??

I'm not too sure, but I have heard about the flowing water.

Is it the hair that comes off on your comb ??

Yes, they are referred to as "murda kesh" or dead hairs that break off when you do kangha on your kesh or daara. They are to be collected and not trashed, but kept respectfully and basically "cremated" (sanskaar), either by burning or by disposing them in flowing water. If you don't do it or feel its pointless, that is your choice. Usually Panj Pyaare advise to do sanskaar. "GurujisDaughter" has already mentioned that she doesn't throw them away, so its very likely that the Panj Pyaare asked her to do sanskaar.