Did Guru Gobind Singh Ji Give Someone the Death Penalty?

First of all, which person told you guru ji gave death penalty to someone for stealing money?

My following post will be in the form of a question:

What about the masands that stole from Guru Sahib's golak?

If I were to use my limited knowledge I would think that Guru Sahib only answered back to people who attacked first and never attacked first and used such a means as an absolute last resort to rid of tyranny.

I don't believe this, the story about the masands. It was made up to discredit Guru Ji. Can you imagine Guru Sahib administrating such a punishment? I can't. There is some other forum (sikhnet I believe) that has discussed this. The person who says this story is some dodgy character. He was involved in anti sikh practices (worshipped Hindu Gods from what I can remember) and seemed to have some nefarious intention.

yeah, weren't masands boiled alive for stealing?

I think they were burnt alive. I could be wrong though.

Either way, the masands must have been taking the mickey in a big way for Guru Ji to have to resort to such means to sort them out, AND send a message to anyone who wanted to follow in their footsteps. Sadly it's a lesson that has been all but forgotten in this modern age.

Yes massands were burned by Guru maharaj..it was based on those times, circumstances/level of curroption/individuals karams but that incident was never intended or meant for turning into some sort of sharia law like we see in muslim countries such as saudi arabia, iran etc.

Also another thing i have heard from senior gurmukhs...its common belief that if someone was killed by guru/hari avtars of vahiguroo - in this case guru maharaj they got mukhti- they stopped individuals but at the end behind that thought of stopping them there is some immense love for them and their karma....gyani sher singh talks about sakhi of aurenzeb where guru maharaj ji refused to destroy him physically but rather through zafarnama, its very interesting episode between sri guru gobind singh ji maharaj and aurenzeb..he basically for lack of better word- killed aurenzeb with zafarnama..there was a compassion behind guru maharaj upon stopping/killing oppressors/masands.

All in all - we sikhs cannot and should not copy actions of guru maharaj and turn them into some laws or rules as we cannot copy or mimic actions of guru maharaj as us mere mortals cannot understand karamati/incomprehensible actions by guru maharaj who is pure incarnation of vahiguroo ji himself..!!!

true Giani Thakur Singh Ji Mentions this in katha "Mata Sahib Kaur Ji"

also Guru Ji advised Mata ji not to associate with these massands