Did Guru Gobind Singh Ji Give Someone the Death Penalty?

Looks like some of the veers have pre-conceived notions on how guru maharaj nature should be, same mindset of sikhs had issue with guru maharaj chopping heads of five singhs to test their love and join them together, they were many sikhs who left gathering in 1699 because their pre-conceived notions could not fathom guru maharaj divine/profound/un-imaginable actions.Guru Maharaj does not need sikhs to define an role for them, they were sent by sri akaal purkh as their own incarnation to get rid of oppression/corruptness, destroy tyranny and to spread dharma (righteousness) and to join people with shabad-gyan/nirgun paratma- timeless- akaal purkh as there were many people around that time were confining sri akaal purkh to sargun roop like only object or idol only.

I think it best for veers to study in depth on overall concept of Avtar and their different kala/powers obviously guru maharaj has limitless powers from sri akaal purkh as they were most profound and divine incarnation of vahiguroo ji in sargun saroop.

I never had an issue with the chopping off of heads at the first Amrit Ceremony. So no, it is not the same mindset.

Do you believe everything you read? There are some books that spew out garbage about our Gurus, and people believe them simply because it is written in a book.

Maybe Guru Ji did administer the death penalty. I really don't know. But I can't get my head round the way it is said to have happened. If I am wrong then I am sure I will be forgiven. I am simply questioning (and no not judging the actions of Maharai as someone pointed out) if this actually happened the way it is described.

The main problem with masand story of pracheen prakash is no prominent writer,historian and even Guru ji's peot and writer have not written about this story. This story is fake "Masand burned Guru Granth Sahib", how much ignorance, Guru Granth Sahib was given Gurgaddi in 1708 and we are talking about 1701.

The main problem with masand story of pracheen prakash is no prominent writer,historian and even Guru ji's peot and writer have not written about this story. This story is fake "Masand burned Guru Granth Sahib", how much ignorance, Guru Granth Sahib was given Gurgaddi in 1708 and we are talking about 1701.

Guru Granth sahib ji existed in 1701 as well , was not given guru gaddi at that time

infact Gurusahib's been there since patshahi 5vi

Guru Granth sahib ji existed in 1701 as well , was not given guru gaddi at that time

infact Gurusahib's been there since patshahi 5vi

I know that, you know that, but prior to Gurgadi, Guru ji was called as Aad Granth. If you are historian then you should know that and write according to that. Secondly no other written source has been brought up to support this. We are not talking about simple execution.

Chaupai : When the Singhs received such a decree from the Guru,

They massacred and burnt alive all the masands.

Some were slaughtered; some were buried alive in walls,

Still others were dragged and roasted in cauldrons of boiling oil. (16)

If this kind of execution have been ordered by Guru ji then people who were against sikhs might have written so much about Guru ji. It is brutal so and so. But there seems to be no other version then Pracheen Pant Prakash and not even anti-sikhs writter of that time, particulary of Guru ji's time. No sikh writer or no other writer of Guru ji's time talks about it. Don't have blind faith, just first cross-check the whole story. If there is writting of this incident by historian with evidence of that time bring it up. No katha.

I know that, you know that, but prior to Gurgadi, Guru ji was called as Aad Granth. If you are historian then you should know that and write according to that. Secondly no other written source has been brought up to support this. We are not talking about simple execution.

If this kind of execution have been ordered by Guru ji then people who were against sikhs might have written so much about Guru ji. It is brutal so and so. But there seems to be no other version then Pracheen Pant Prakash and not even anti-sikhs writter of that time, particulary of Guru ji's time. No sikh writer or no other writer of Guru ji's time talks about it. Don't have blind faith, just first cross-check the whole story. If there is writting of this incident by historian with evidence of that time bring it up. No katha.

There are many things that get left out of writing, to say everything would be written would be ignorant. We do not always need to read books to realise our history, mahapursh can gain this knowledge through meditation/simran etc. You are actually the first person ive seen calling this fabricated. Waheguru.

I am not first and last, there are many and there will be many. Mahapurash, I hate this term, they talk anything and say we gained this knowledge from meditation. You are a sikh, you should know this first" Pehlan shabad veechar". Do veechar and then write. Don't bring up mahapurash type of stuff.

This is not comman thing which will go unnoticed and not documented.

If you read Bhai Kanihya's sakhi then this masand story is fake. If corrupt man's life is at risk, he will just beg for life and if he beg's in front of Sarvanshdaani, you know what the answer is. Have open mind and think.

I am not first and last, there are many and there will be many. Mahapurash, I hate this term, they talk anything and say we gained this knowledge from meditation. You are a sikh, you should know this first" Pehlan shabad veechar". Do veechar and then write. Don't bring up mahapurash type of stuff.

This is not comman thing which will go unnoticed and not documented.

If you read Bhai Kanihya's sakhi then this masand story is fake. If corrupt man's life is at risk, he will just beg for life and if he beg's in front of Sarvanshdaani, you know what the answer is. Have open mind and think.

lol also hate the term Sant? Maha atma? Saadhu? Faqir? Ironic, the comment about having an open mind, its the missionary type of mindset that likes to contrain Satguru to there own preset assumptions. Shabad veechar means many different things to different people. To each there own. Waheguru

lol also hate the term Sant? Maha atma? Saadhu? Faqir? Ironic, the comment about having an open mind, its the missionary type of mindset that likes to contrain Satguru to there own preset assumptions. Shabad veechar means many different things to different people. To each there own. Waheguru

Shabad veechar(in this case) simply means thing/fact which is in front of you try to look at from every angle.

For your this auote "its the missionary type of mindset that likes to contrain Satguru to there own preset assumptions."

I can only say please bring any substantial written/documented piece of histroy which supports the Pracheen panth prakash version. When there is no proof/evidence for your belief "missionary" word is always used. You used this word for me couple of time and my answer is " Guru Nanak Sahib was himself missionary of Shabad Guru" :biggrin2: