Did Guru Gobind Singh Ji Give Someone the Death Penalty?

ਹੁਕਮ ਦੇਖਿ ਕਾਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਰਾਖੈ । ਗੋਲਕ ਗੋਪ ਮਿਥਿਆ ਮੁਖ ਭਾਖੈ Those who recognise my commands, but does not follow them and takes money from the Gurus golak for their own false needs,

ਕਾਰ ਭੇਟ ਸੁਖ ਮੰਨਤ ਚੁਰਾਵੈ । ਐਸਾ ਸਿਖ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਹਿ ਭਾਵੈ । ੯ । The offerings have been presented in hopes of happiness. Those who take the the offerings are not Sikhs. (Those who steal from the Gurus golaks are not Sikhs).

Rehitnama of bhai sahib bhai prehlad Singh ji

I have no doubt that guru Ji destroyed those evil masands.People have a lot of pre-conceived notions about the gurus such as thinking that guru nanak dev Ji maharaj was only a bhagat who used a mala and had nothing to do about shastars etc.Go to patna sahib and you will see guru jis shastars which are a chakra,tega,barsha etc.

In bhachitaar natak guru Ji says I came here to rid the world of sin and tyranny.I have no doubt that guru Ji would have ordered them to die.Remember that when guru Ji orders some one to die he gives them mukhti.I would love to die by the hands of the gurus.

Eh wekhlo Dad.... ur Gursikhs are judging u for what u have been doing.....

They r judging ur actions... Dad... :angry2: :angry2:

Its not "Judging" you have to remember that history can be manipulated as you were not there so the question was asked to see if there was evidence to suggest this was true. A lot of our history could easily be manipulated by the use of fraudulent Janum Sakhis written by people with sinister motives i.e. The British.

I know that, you know that, but prior to Gurgadi, Guru ji was called as Aad Granth. If you are historian then you should know that and write according to that. Secondly no other written source has been brought up to support this. We are not talking about simple execution.

Chaupai : When the Singhs received such a decree from the Guru,

They massacred and burnt alive all the masands.

Some were slaughtered; some were buried alive in walls,

Still others were dragged and roasted in cauldrons of boiling oil. (16)

If this kind of execution have been ordered by Guru ji then people who were against sikhs might have written so much about Guru ji. It is brutal so and so. But there seems to be no other version then Pracheen Pant Prakash and not even anti-sikhs writter of that time, particulary of Guru ji's time. No sikh writer or no other writer of Guru ji's time talks about it. Don't have blind faith, just first cross-check the whole story. If there is writting of this incident by historian with evidence of that time bring it up. No katha.

This is something the Moguls did to Sikhs and Hindus! i Cannot Believe our Guru would ever do this. I am astonished people will believe anything without proper research. We were given though a limited but perfectly usable brain. Lets use it properly!

This is something the Moguls did to Sikhs and Hindus! i Cannot Believe our Guru would ever do this. I am astonished people will believe anything without proper research. We were given though a limited but perfectly usable brain. Lets use it properly!

People who refute this story are ironically called missionaries, Baba's who narrates these kind of fake stories have came to know it through meditation. Irony of our sikhs brother and sister out there :biggrin2:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Though I sincerely say I do not know much on this matter, but my heart tells me Guru Jee can never ever do so, they are an infinite Ocean of Mercy.

Look at Fifth Patshaee for example , He was tortured by the wicked, yet He being all powerful, did nothing to punish them in our eyes or according to our limited understanding, who alike are red eyed with hatred  and blood for vengeance as reaction at the slightest ocassion.

I would even go a bit further, supposing one was the worst sinner in the world, even then to die at the hands of Guru Jee, would be a blessing in disguise, for getting mukti as being sinners ...

Sat Sree Akal.

Guest Jacfsing2

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji probably did bring the corrupt massands to justice, (note not every massand was killed and second those who were killed did other things than steal money, such as rape and other crimes). Sikhs probably shouldn't do the same as there is a difference between the Lord Vaheguru himself killing someone and a Paapi like anyone else, and that difference is that Vaheguru can give mukti to people, while we can not, Sikhs must only fight for righteousness and only kill as a last resort, not the first. Who knows how many more Janams they would have to go through, but because the death is directly from Vaheguru, they could get Mukti immediately. (That's another difference between being killed from Guru Sahib himself and another human being). Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Guru Gobind Singh Ji has life and death in their hands, if they can give life then why cannot they take life?

You think Guru Ji was this soft hippy type?

“ Satch kahoo sunn layhoe sabahi jin prem kio tinn he prabh pai-yo. “ If you want to obtain God/Guru then this can be done through love and they will give you everything. But the flip side is also true, you do wrong or you knowingly do wrong then you see the “sakhat” side of the Guru.  The masands took the sangats hard earned daswand which was meant for the Guru and took it for themselves it defiance of the Guru, so Guru Ji took action. Masand noses were cut, masands were burned live. Guru Ji will not tolerate the sangats funds being misappropriated. The sentence was just.

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:01 PM, harsharan000 said:

I would even go a bit further, supposing one was the worst sinner in the world, even then to die at the hands of Guru Jee, would be a blessing in disguise, for getting mukti as being sinners ...

Sat Sree Akal.

This cult belief has no roots in Sikhi.  Gurbani does not demonstrate this cave man belief.  Surely this cult believer would go into Gurbani and take tuks out of context to support is cult beliefs.  But never a whole shabad because this would teach against his cult beliefs.  To even call this cave man thinking is an insult to the cave men, who used even the simplest form of logic they had among them.  They didn`t know better.  Today, Gurbani is seconds away and yet we have people making outrageous claims.  Zafarnama clearly tells the worst sinner he received no blessing in disguise.  History tells us this worst sinner in the world died after reading the letter titled Zafarnama, written by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji. Sri Hargobind Sahib ji punished Chandu Shah with death after masterminding the torture and killing of Sri Guru Arjun Dev ji.  Sikhs tortured and killed Chandu Shah at the HUKAM of Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib.  There was no blessing in disguise because the HUKAM and THE GURU are one and the SAME.  These cult followers don`t read Gurbani.  They make up fairy tales so they can rape, kill fetuses, and kill people for their own pleasure and say our cult leader blessed your loved one with mukti, while raping your wife.   

Guru Pita ji says in His Granth that his job was to do nash of oppressors , the masands and the murderers of Baba Ram Rai were stealing from golak meant for poor and oppressing the Gursikhs , If the Masand destroyed a bir of Adi Granth Sahib then sodhna was due . Guru Pita ji lead by showing us not to let such people destroy what we hold dear and to destroy the nature of our places of worship. Something we should remember now