I THOUGHT WE WERE TOUGH !?

Guest Singh

I took amirt recently and i use to think all the teen Sikhs at the gudhwara sahib were inspirig just by looking at them me being the same age as them. i thought they were awesome sikhs i thought they did naam simram, read gurbani hardout, stood up for sikhi and were tough guys.

But i found out that half if not all these TEEN sikhs are so.wimpy (so sorry in saying that there gurus sikhs i shouldnt be talking like this) they think there tough by taking photos of themseleves with.there sleeves rolled up haha idk so weird they dont listen to katha, i confronted them me being there fellow sikh brother i told them to sit in the hall and stop taking photos of each other, they didtn listen at first and talked back disrepectably because they thought they were tough ithere little group, i gave them a angry look and they got up straight away.... They have nothing agianst me were.mates but i seem to stay away from them from.that day...

I thought these types.of singhs and kaurs were.only in my.gudhwara

Then i found this fourm and saw all these weird posts.. WHATS HAPPENING TO US MAN I THOUGHT WE WERE SUPPOSE TO BE TOUGH ???????????

What you have said is sadly quite true. But I think the thing is we have these really high expectations of them guys, walking around with long gatras and bana, but the western singhs are nothing compared to india singhs. Even singhs my age, as in 16/17 are like soldiers in India, and here some are so femenine. Anyways, taksa/good nihang singhs are great. Just forget the youth in these out of india countries. Most take bana and gol dastar for jokes here, they think they're hard/bad boys but there empty inside...most of them...

Although i understand exactly what you see and mean and have to say that i agree.

Hahhahahahahahah Dude this is the truth...

even i use to think the same.. when i took amrit i tried to indulge my self in sangat... but to my notice i have seen they r not the way i thought them to be.....

So i am away frm them.. I am just following my Guru... thats it.. :)

Mera bass ni chalda.. *admin edited*

they should understand that people are not blind..i thought they will change me.. but i feel more happy listening Honey Singh's Song rather then being with them :p

true say its called the western influence -no seva, no willingness to do hard work, lazyness bone idle not getting up at amrit vela, all day on the internet. Basically a goreh with a dumalla, but some are chardi kala amonmgst the youth, those that sit in the divaans cross legged for hours or do seva cleaning up, it is in this way that you attain the real Sikhi

It's just kids wanting to belong to something exclusive --- makes them feel special. For some it is about hanging out with friends, having a good time, etc. I don't know I was never like that when I was their age as I took it all very seriously (without being a stick in the mud), and I also didn't like the "youth club" vibe most of the young Singhs were trying to create. To me it seemed they were just resuming the kind of behaviour they exhibited at school during the week, rather than thinking "Okay, lets get serious about Sikhi". The impression I got was they thought the job was done when Amrit was taken.

There wasn't a "them and us" attitude back then as much as there is now as well, in terms of those who had taken Amrit and those who were cut-hair. There was a lot more brotherly love especially as, most if not all, the monae wanted to - one day- become Singhs. Nowadays, if this site is any indication, those days are long gone.

There definitely wasn't any mingling of the sexes --- that's for sure. Even the teen Gursikh bibiya were no-nonsense back in the day. There was no sidling up to any of us with "Veer Ji" etc. In turn they were respected for that big-style, and none of us ever entertained changing that status-quo.

I blame Facebook for all the current bakwaas. And the Internet.... and mobile phones. :giggle: