I THOUGHT WE WERE TOUGH !?

Guest Singh

Waheguru ji,

This can be true for alot of them, but not all. Sometimes such thoughts do come into my mind, but then I think maybe it's their age right now. Age could be a big thing too. But you know not everyone is like that. I know lots of SERIOUS Gursikhs who do not watch TV, listen to music, have no manmukh friends and absolutely love Guru Sahib and Sangat! Honestly, there are alot of Gursikhs who are not like that. Do Ardaas to Guru Sahib ji so that you can find those ones.

Even if such things exist, why dont you just focus on the positives ^_^ . Forget the things they do that arent really Gurmat and be inspired with how much Kamaai they do so that you motivate yourself more and more. That is more beneficial isnt it? :)

I see a lot of Sikh youths these days with big tattoos of khanda and dangly things from their cars. They're "flashy". Most are moneh but some have the appearance of gursikhs. They remind me of the past when people wanted to join khalsa fauj for the looting and fighting rather than for Sikhi.

Sikhi isn't about the external. It is about the internal. It's not about showing people how much you're into Sikhi - all that is part of haumai - ego. Do not be dissuaded or upset by them. Stay true to Guru Ji. Be that awesome example to set to others. Walk the True Path and inspire others to do so.

I remember once my goreh friends saw a Singh friend of mine, and they started all the flirtiness with him, calling him a hardcore gangsta, yet he was in the the full sikhi saroop. I mean to say even goreh find Singhs attractive with their dumall and beards. Now, whenever these goreh talk about guys they're always mentioning singhs and that singhs are perfect etc. Im not like that about guys but have to listen to them and what they think of a singh is exactly what the original poster said earlier. These goreh think singhs are cool and laid back but this impression is made by them singhs, they could change their ownn impression if they wanted, but I guess they like all the attention.