Losing belief in Waheguru - don't know what to do?

Guest Confused

Guest Truth

Do naam simran- embark on the path of the Bhagat- reading gurbani is one thing- u can read it over and over again- but if u don't practice it's gyan then there really is no point. Go into samadhi(deep meditation where the mind is being silenced) and learn the reality of the world around u.

Go beyond just ritualistic reading- understand the gyan and practice it 100%- that is giving your head to the Guru for Gurbani is the Guru and Guru is gurbani. Respect the Guru(gyan) and walk full speed ahead on the path- throw away your doubt. Doubt only comes into play when ur not practicing 100% because when you're practicing truth-there's no time for doubt and self pity- ur just practicing Gods heart and experiencing gyan as u go along.

God bless you

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Confused

Do naam simran- embark on the path of the Bhagat- reading gurbani is one thing- u can read it over and over again- but if u don't practice it's gyan then there really is no point. Go into samadhi(deep meditation where the mind is being silenced) and learn the reality of the world around u.

Go beyond just ritualistic reading- understand the gyan and practice it 100%- that is giving your head to the Guru for Gurbani is the Guru and Guru is gurbani. Respect the Guru(gyan) and walk full speed ahead on the path- throw away your doubt. Doubt only comes into play when ur not practicing 100% because when you're practicing truth-there's no time for doubt and self pity- ur just practicing Gods heart and experiencing gyan as u go along.

God bless you

I feel like I'm making excuses when I respond to this and I probably am; but I feel so very weak, I can't concentrate at all, when doing nitnem for example my mind wanders and I feel like I wasted it. I know that by allowing my mind to wander I really am wasting my entire life, but the one thing that gives us strength is bharosa and if I don't have that I don't know what I'm doing, or where my life is heading. I understand that what you're saying is important and I do hope I can do this but I can only try. Also, how can we go into samadhi; I don't know many people who have done so, so I don't think it would be so simple for a sinner like me to do so.

Thanks for your response

Guest Truth

Relaxation is key to samadhi-just let go, relax your muscles, close your eyes if u wish and do your naam simran. Let the samadhi take u over. Anhad naad(the ringing sound I spoke of before) is a symbolic reflection of the truth. We are asked to practice naam simran in gurbani yet so many ignore this gyan.

I say symbolic reflection, because in reality, not even sound exists- there is just Nothing. The truth=nothing- but a nasha beyond what humans are able to fathom. Naam is universal, it resides throughout the universe-it is All that is. So when when we're practicing naam I.e Truth, we're connecting with the universe and realising there is no separation between us and God and us and the creation- for we Are the entire creation. This is beyond logic and naam and samadhi silence the mind- so we just feel and out hearts lead our discoveries.

Find peace in the gyan that all is just a game-All is Him, all is just Karam. Start practicing- put your reading into practice with intuitive ease.

God bless you

the dark night of the soul is an important process for one's spiritual growth. you cant stop it by distracting yourself. it's impossible to run away from it for long b/c it's always there. but you can get through it. all you have to do is keep on keeping on. be patient. the magic formula here is seva simran satsangat ardass.

Guest confused

@ Truth thanks for your help, I do hope I can implement it within my life

@SunSingh what you're saying is absolutely right, I've tried ignoring it and running away from it but of course all of that is futile. I need to face it and fight it I just hope I don't keep avoiding it

• 9 years later...