San Francisco attorney, a Sikh bibi called Muslim terrorist sympathizer and a “Taj Mahal princess"

Mehtab Singh

San Francisco attorney Harmeet Dhillon, who has won support from major party leaders in her drive to be the California GOP’s first female vice chair, has also become the target of a nasty racist effort to slur her as a Muslim terrorist sympathizer and a “Taj Mahal princess.”

Dhillon, currrently chair of the San Francisco GOP, immigrated from India as a child and is a devout Sikh. She’s wrapping up a campaign to become the party’s vice chair, an election which will be held Sunday as the state GOP wraps up its three day convention in Sacramento.

Vera Eyzendooren, the president of the San Bernardino County Federation of Republican Women — an official party group — slammed Dhillon in a recent Facebook post, which included a photo of an Islamic terrorist who beheaded two people.

“I was told by one of Harmeet’s friends that because of her religion, her loyalty is to the Muslim religion,” Ms. Eyzendooren wrote on Facebook. “So she will defend a Muslim beheading two men without any hesitation……she is not a Republican.”

UPDATE: Eyzendooren’s comments were sharply denounced Thursday in a joint statement from California GOP chair Tom Del Beccaro, Senate Minority Leader Bob Huff and Assembly GOP leader Connie Conway: “Blatant racism has no place in the party of Lincoln. We strongly denounce this hateful speech in this and any other venue.”

At right is her shameful post, which has since been deleted:

The San Bernardino GOP women’s president is not the only one leveling nasty comments aimed at Dhillon’s race and religion.

San Francisco GOP activist Gail Neira, in a recent widely circulated letter, wrote: “This particular woman candidate for state v.p. appears to see herself as the dowager princess with the CAGOP as her Taj Mahal.”

We called to get the comments of Ms. Eyzendooren — who, at a minimum, doesn’t appear to know the difference between two major world religions, Sikhism and Islam.

She said she would not comment on her views about Dhillon.

“I will express my opinion by voting for her, or against her on Sunday,” she said. “I have no comment at all to reporters. They take things out of context.”

When we attempted to read her entire post, in context, for comment, the GOP women’s president at first said, “I never said that.”

When informed we had a copy of the page post, she said: “It doesn’t matter. My Facebook page is not public.”

Oh, but it is.

Question now: Will GOP leadership address such slurs at their upcoming state convention, Friday through Sunday in Sacramento?

UPDATE: We’ve just received an official response from Carol Hadley, the President of the California Federation of Republican Women:

“The views expressed by Ms. Eyzedooren in no way reflect those of the California Federation of Republican Women (CFRW). That type of hate speech has no place in our party or organization. The CFRW Board of Directors, Local Club Presidents, County Presidents and Regional Directors who were in attendance at the CFRW Board of Directors Meeting held in San Diego, California on February 9th, 2013 have endorsed Harmeet Dhillon for Vice Chairwoman. We stand behind Harmeet 100 percent and look forward to her helping us move the party forward as our new Vice Chairwoman.”

Stay tuned.

If the Republicans find out about Sikhs due to this Bibi that is an achievement. Much better than Nikki Haley ( Nimrata Randhawa) who claims she converted to Christianity to get accepted by the American electorate.

That's assuming it will change anything. Sometimes it's best to be completely off the radar.

Source: http://www.kqed.org/a/forum/R201303050930

Harmeet Dhillon Elected Vice Chair of Calif. GOP

Tue, Mar 5, 2013 -- 9:30 AM

Audio currently not available for this program.

San Francisco Republican Party Chair Harmeet Dhillon made history over the weekend. She became the first woman to be elected vice chair of the state GOP. A practicing Sikh of Indian descent, she endured several racial slurs during the course of her campaign. We talk to Dhillon about her unusual career -- including a stint as a board member with the ACLU -- her vision for the party, and her experiences as a Republican in San Francisco.

Host: Michael Krasny

Guests:

• Harmeet Dhillon, vice chair
    of the California Republican Party, chair of the San Francisco Republican
    Party and attorney at Dhillon & Smith LLP