Breaking Developments - More proof that Dasam Granth existed 300 years ago

DSGj

Singh jeo,

This beer was looted during evacuation of Anandpur sahib. Ultimately it was bought by a sikh family in Bombay.From there

it is said to be brought to Chandigarh but the owner is not known as it is held in secret.

I see, this is really sad.

The Anandpuri bir in the pictures in not the Anandpuri Bir of Dasam Granth Sahib. That is a different birh.

Veer Jee,

where is the Dasam Granth Sahib Anandpuri Bir?

Everyone keeps on saying it's in a "private collection" and was "bought", etc, etc, etc.. yet no one gives any specifics.

Or is it because there is very little information available?

The Anandpuri bir of Guru Gobind Singh was kept at Amritsar: Akal Takht Sahib and then moved to Bombay as to what GPS says.

There is only a handful of people who have ever seen it.

A photograph appears in Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Q and A:

I have seen a copy of the whole birh in a private collection.The original cannot be located but it was last seen was in Chandigarh

The findings and analysis of this manuscript will be in The Granth Of Guru Gobind Singh: Essay, lectures and Translations.

Sadar Manohar Singh Marco is a well known historian and an expert on handwriting styles from the times of the gurus. He always believed that since Guru Gobind Singh ji spent so many years in Sri Poonta Sahib with a court full of scribes and poets some writing of Guru Sahib must have survived. In 1963, Manohar Singh Marco discovered and located the Anandpuri Bir.

What GS Mann ji has stated is 100 percent correct.I knew the person who was holding it in Bombay since part of my life was spent in Bombay.My interest grew in Dasam granth sahib when kala afghana wrote against it and then i read myself about the priceless treasure Guru sahib gave to Sikhs. And that person in Bombay by that time was no more.His family sold it to someone else.

By the way dasamsarbloh granth ji, i have to disagree on Manohar singh marco.He was one of the few critics of Dasam granth that time. I may call him a gurnindak as he propagated against Guru sahib's bani. First i considered him to be a gursikh when i used to read his " Chithian sikhan diyan likh satgur wal payiaan". But when i read about his views about dasam granth all my respect for him vanished.He has not seen Anandpuri beer himself. I do not believe in integrity of site from where this article about manohar marco is taken.They are merchants who are on the prowl after such items.Put something fake on ebay telling it is a manuscript and see how they come to buy it.

GS Mann has dedicated his life for research on dasam granth sahib. He knows much more than any of us. The man who has digitized copy of real anandpuri beer will not allow us to have a deep look of it. Such is the attitude of so called sikhs towards common treasure of all of us. By the way Piara singh padam has seen and written about this beer in his book "Dasam beer de darshan"