Breaking Developments - More proof that Dasam Granth existed 300 years ago

DSGj

There is another beer of 1698 AD that was at patna sahib.Reasearch scholar bhai randhir singh has written about it. it was in toshakhana of takhat patna sahib.Then brought to sikh reference library and was held it there for sometime.

When i enquired about it, it seems the person looking after it either has sold it to some unknown person or just denying its existence. On jathedar Iqbal singh's demand he is dilly dallying.when approached privately he is denying he ever had it. So enemies of Dasam bani are immense. But this bani will come out in full bloom with time as it has been sidelined since its parkash was lifted from akal takhat sahib in 1944. Has anyone ever pondered over why did they break marayada of 100s years. Our shashtars come from this bani and at takhats its parkash should be there.

There have also been statements in the press that the Indian army burnt many Sikh texts at Amritsar and took away some in bags that are held somewhere. Should it not be the duty of all Sikh groups to get these documents returned?

I researched about it and met a gursikh and a genuine gursikh whose father was companion of bhai Sahib Bhai randhir singh ji. For a short period of time he was amde director of sikh ref library. the fact is that army returned all taken away items and it came in indian newspapers as a statement with photos. our politicians in control were lying and now they are quiet about it. The items that were burnt is a real loss.

then someone appointed so called gurnindak Harjinder dilgeer as incharge of this library.God knows how many books he might have taken?

GPS Veer Jee,

great information you are providing as well!

Sorry about the miscommunication about Manohar Singh Marco. I don't know anything about him, all of that writing was from the link provided. Thanks for clearing things up!

GS Mann has dedicated his life for research on dasam granth sahib. He knows much more than any of us. The man who has digitized copy of real anandpuri beer will not allow us to have a deep look of it. Such is the attitude of so called sikhs towards common treasure of all of us. By the way Piara singh padam has seen and written about this beer in his book "Dasam beer de darshan"

There is a digitalized copy out there somewhere? Or were you just speaking hypothetically about people's ego?

GPS Veer Jee,

great information you are providing as well!

Sorry about the miscommunication about Manohar Singh Marco. I don't know anything about him, all of that writing was from the link provided. Thanks for clearing things up!

Bhai sahib jeo

Before this dasam granth sahib controversy surfaced i was not much aware about such things and respected Manohar singh marco as he displayed love for sikhi by writing " Chithian sikhan diyan likh satgur wal payian". Later on i read this nindak's view about Dasam granth sahib and by the time i had read it myself. He was a faithless gurnindak who can condemn such agreat treasure sikhs have with them.

Bhai Balbir singh brother of bhai Veer singh ji wrote that in Dasam granth there are hidden chingare ( sparks) which will bloom into fire with time and give a new direction and vigor to sikhs.i think that time is coming now.

What i wrote is correct. That man does not want anyone to reveal this and he was quite old a few years back.

So there is a direct digitalized copy out there from the original Anandpuri Bir?

Also Veer Jee,

I think there are two copies of the 1968 Patna Sahib Bir. One copy (original) is still with Patna Sahib, and the other was sent to SGPC.

Check out the following:

Contents from the rare handwritten beerh of Sri Dasam Granth compiled in 1755 Bikrami (1698 A.D.), one year before the formation of Khalsa. The date when this historic beerh was compiled is given in the introductory paragraph. This beerh is preserved at Takhat Sri Patna Sahib. It is noteworthy that Guru Gobind Singh Sahib’s bani "Zafarnamah" which was written in 1704 A.D., six years after this beerh was compiled, does not feature in the main index of the beerh as is evident from the picture below. The last composition in the main index is "Hikayat". Also noteworthy is the name of the granth that appears on the top, “Patshah Dasven Ju Ka Granth” (The Granth of the Tenth Master).

The year mentioned on this handwritten beerh is also significant because Bhai Kesar Singh Chibber too in Bansavalinama records that Guru Gobind Singh Sahib had himself compiled the Granth in 1755 Bikrami (1698 A.D.), and this Chhota Granth[1] was very dear to him. Evidently this is one of the oldest beerhs which Guru Sahib himself compiled before the formation of the Khalsa. Later compilations of the complete banees of Guru Gobind Singh Sahib is attributed to Bhai Mani Singh.
ਛੋਟਾ ਗਰੰਥ ਜੀ ਜਨਮੇ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦਸਵੇਂ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ ਕੇ ਧਾਮ।

ਸੰਮਤ ਸਤਾਰਾਂ ਸੈ ਪਚਵੰਜਾ, ਬਹੁਤ ਖਿਡਾਵੇ ਲਿਖਾਰੇ ਨਾਮ।

ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨੂੰ ਸੀ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਹਥੀਂ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਖਿਡਾਇਆ।

ਸਿਖਾਂ ਕੀਤੀ ਅਰਦਾਸ, 'ਜੀ ਅਗਲੇ (ਭਾਵ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ) ਨਾਲਿ ਚਾਹੀਏ ਰਲਾਇਆ'।

ਬਚਨ ਕੀਤਾ, 'ਗਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਹੈ ਉਹ, ਏਹ ਅਸਾਡੀ ਖੇਡ ਹੈ।'

ਨਾਲਿ ਨ ਮਿਲਾਇਆ ਆਹਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ, ਕਉਨ ਜਾਣੈ ਭੇਦ।

ਸੋ ਦੋਨੋ ਗਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰ ਕਿਰ ਜਾਨੋ।
ਵਡਾ ਹੈ ਟਿਕਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਟਕੇ ਪੋਥੀਆਂ ਪੁਤਰ ਪੋਤਰੇ ਕਿਰ ਪਛਾਨੋ

(ਬੰਸਾਵਲੀਨਾਮਾ, ਭਾਈ ਕੇਸਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਛਿੱਬਰ)

[1] Kesar Singh Chibber calls the granth as Chotta Granth (small granth) in relation to the status of Sri Guru Granth Sahib

The first paragraph is transcribed below:

ੴਸ੍ਰੀਵਾਹਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਿਹ

ਸ੍ਰੀਭਗਉਤੀਜੂਸਹਾਇ

ਤਤਕਰਾ ਸੁਚੇਪੱਤ੍ਰਸ੍ਰੀਗ੍ਰਿੰਥਜੂਕਾ

ਬਾਣੀ ਪਾਤਿਸਾਹਦਸਵੇਂਜੂਕੇਗ੍ਰਿੰਥਕਾ

ਸੰਬਤ 1755.ਮਿਤੀਅਸਾੜਬਦੀ1

ਕੋਗ੍ਰਿੰਥਲਿਖਿਆ: ਤਵਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ

ਸ੍ਰੀਮੁਖਵਾਕਪਾਤਿਸਾਹੀ10

Picture Courtesy: Sant Sipahi Magazine

patna-sahib-beerh.JPG

From the comments section:

As per the recent talk with Jathedar Patna Sahib, there is another similar copy with the SGPC, after the personal meeting with the Jathedar Ji, more info will be sent. This only proves that in Punjab also, we had copies of this text.

^ Source: Patshahi10.org

Also:

guruhand.jpg

This

page taken from a bir in Patna Sahib

guruhand-tr.jpg

The

readable note of Guru Gobind Singh

^ Source: http://www.<banned site filter activated>/Scriptures/DasamGranth/dasam%20granth.htm

When Guru Gobind singh ji was writing there were several copies (uttaras) were made from that.That is how gutkas/pothis came into existence before 1698.Our ardas pauri dates back to sometime in early 1690s and it was read by sikhs.

Two beers were compiled during Guru sahib's time in 1698, annadpuri and beer patna. To my knowledge SGPC people have not returned beer of 1698 to Patna sahib and it is possible it is gone.

Zafarnama was attached later as annexure to this original beer. Research scholar bhai Randhir singh of SGPC throws light on this beer as he ahs seen it at Patna sahib around 1955.