Cheap bathroom fragrance near guru sahib

S1ngh

They look bloody tacky!!

They also spray the chemically fragrance to quite a distance, in such close proximity to Maharaaj...

We dont consider the affects all these modern chemicals have on our heritage! What is the point of any fragrance in Darbar Sahib since the amazing architectural splender ensures there is ample cross ventilation at all times. Secondly, my nose goes numb as soon as i step out of the plane in india...

These products first came out for commercial use. I am sure that most of you have seen this in public restrooms/bathrooms for decades. After seeing all commercial places using this product, some companies introduced modified version for household restroom use. (google "restroom spray automatic" and click on images)

I am not sure if members here have used this product but i am using this product for the past 6 years for the commercial place. Not only this product is extremely strong but it is specifically made for restrooms odor control. PLUS they should be hanged/kept at least 5 or 6 feet above ground and away from subject (human).

Try to put this auto spray on your bedside table and sleep with it and then in morning let us know how was your experience of inhaling this product?

There are many other similar options which are usually made for regular rooms .. products like air freshner outlet plugins.

I just hope they dont start putting this product near guru sahib.

post-10-0-84819500-1362262186_thumb.jpg

What is the point of any fragrance in Darbar Sahib since the amazing architectural splender ensures there is ample cross ventilation at all times.

SOOO TRUE !!!

"It takes you out of deep meditation when they spray that strong stuff."

Well, next time before you go there to sit in deep meditation what I would do is ask the Sevadars there as to why keep the sprays there.

Since they spend most of their lives there i'm sure they know what they are doing. It's easy for us to sit here back at home holding opinions about something.

Also with no offence intended, but is this meditation really deep if it is disturbed by a smell. Again, I know nothing about "deep" meditation so please don't think i'm trying to say you're not a deep meditator or anything of the sort.

maybe not to strong dhoof or jot with desi ghee. There is one story where bhai sahib bhai randhir singh ji once requested sewadar not to use kerosene but use desi ghee in jot/diya. I think we discussed not very long time ago regarding the use of chemical filled sprays inside darbar sahib.

"It takes you out of deep meditation when they spray that strong stuff."

Well, next time before you go there to sit in deep meditation what I would do is ask the Sevadars there as to why keep the sprays there.

Since they spend most of their lives there i'm sure they know what they are doing. It's easy for us to sit here back at home holding opinions about something.

Also with no offence intended, but is this meditation really deep if it is disturbed by a smell. Again, I know nothing about "deep" meditation so please don't think i'm trying to say you're not a deep meditator or anything of the sort.

True, but it distracts people like me trying to get into that state. I was listening to kirtan at Harmandir Sahib and they sprayed really strong cologne which irritates people and triggers a lot of people's allergies.

If smell doesn't affect deep meditation then why do they spray it in the first place? Do you see the flaw in logic there? Something like dhoof or something mild would be best in my opinion.