BC Gurdwaras- table and chairs?

N30S1NGH

Sangat Ji, I need your help. I need to find out which gurdwaras in BC have table and chairs and which one does not? I understand there are close to 50-70 gurdwaras in bc.. It's more of research as to how far this issue of table and chair in langar hall has penetrated in sikh community in BC also besides personally speaking we are thinking moving out of city environment-toronto, want to move small town in BC/AB somewhere.

Sangat Ji, I need your help. I need to find out which gurdwaras in BC have table and chairs and which one does not? I understand there are close to 50-70 gurdwaras in bc.. It's more of research as to how far this issue of table and chair in langar hall has penetrated in sikh community in BC also besides personally speaking we are thinking moving out of city environment-toronto, want to move small town in BC/AB somewhere.

What do you classify as a table and chair problem? Have you been to the new Dasmesh Darbar Gurudwara building in Brampton? It has two small tables for bujurg to sit if they cant sit on the floor...

And no offence is meant, but is this really something that you would take into serious consideration before moving to a new area? while it does partly reflect on the type of sangat there (more so its management), I think there are a lot more factors to consider here :p

Veer Jee,

BC has nice scenerey here and there, but that's about it.

From what I've heard BC is way worse than Ontario.

In what ways?

• weather-wise (Ontario has better weather)
  • MAJOR gang/drug/gun/youth problem (due to water access from the ocean and land access from USA)
  • MAJOR smuggling problem (due to water access from the ocean and land access from USA)
  • MAJOR missionary/kala-afghana stronghold and brainwashed mindset
  • Modern Sikhism takeover (examples: tables and chairs for EVERYONE, not just seniors/disabled individuals. Also a major problem is the purposeful mixing of culture and religion. In BC, Nagar Keertans have Bhangra, Giddha and singing performances going throughout the Nagar Keertan, on huge stages and what-not. And the really messed up part is that when you see the people at the Nagat Keertans being interviewed, they say they LOVE it and that there should be more of it happening. More people are focused on the dancing and partying there rather than the Nagar Keertan itself. It's really messed up over there.) You would NEVER (hopefully) see that in Toronto. A lot of Toronto Sangat actually shakes their heads when they hear about these kinds of things going on in BC.
  • Ontario has ALOT of Sangat. There is a large number of AKJ, DDT, Nanaksar, etc. Lots of Gursikhs and senior Gursikhs in Toronto or visit Toronto all the time.
  • Last but not the least, Ontario has just as nice scenery as BC. If you go even just 20-30 minutes outside of the city, there are beautiful landscapes with trees, quiet neighbourhoods and amazing atmosphere.

^ That's what I've understood from others over the years.

Guru Nanak Darbar Sikh Temple

4298 Davis Road

gurudwara in prince george BC ..... they have table chairs for everybody...and everybody is allowed with shoes inside langar hall.and they support dhunda.

Has Dhunda never spoken up against the tables and chairs in the Gurdwaras he does Katha in?

This is not BC but a Gurdwara wants to ban the Kirpan in the USA. The Tribune – Move by US gurdwara to ban ‘kirpan’ upsets clergy; Issue to be discussed by heads of all five Takhts

Perneet Singh, Tribune News Service

Amritsar, March 1. Akal Takht has taken serious note of the move by the Gurdwara of Rochester in the US to ban ‘kirpan’ in the gurdwara premises.

The Akal Takht chief, Jathedar Giani Gurbachan Singh, said it was a serious matter that would be deliberated upon at the next meeting of the Jathedars of all five Takhts.

He said a panel formed to investigate the matter had recently submitted its preliminary report to him. (The Tribune has a copy of the report sent by Bhai Sahib Satpal Singh Khalsa, committee coordinator).

The report says the gurdwara trustees had submitted affidavits supporting an application for preliminary injunction for “barring all persons entering the gurdwara premises from bringing in sheathed swords larger than 4-6 inches or other weapons that could cause injury or threat to persons within the premises”.

It says the trustees had said in their affidavits that “the families may wish to worship at home at their worship rooms and such families do not have to come to the gurdwara.” It also says that the judge had approved the ‘kirpan’ ban after the gurdwara showed it as a “dangerous weapon”.

The report says that the ban will have a serious impact on the Sikh way of life as well as gurdwaras worldwide. It apprehends that other courts in the US may use this injunction to ban the ‘kirpan’ all over the US and Canada.

“This is a matter of grave concern for the Sikh Sangat all over the world, particularly in the US,” the report reads.

Probe committee coordinator Khlasa said he had tried to contact the trustees of the Gurdwara of Rochester and had even written to them, but “they refused to meet me or any of our panel members. They refused to acknowledge the legitimacy of the committee appointed by Akal Takht.”

Sikhs abroad fear that the move may weaken the community’s fight for permission to Sikh children to wear the ‘kirpan’ to schools and colleges.

Possible Implications

The ban will have a serious impact on the Sikh way of life as well as gurdwaras worldwide

Other courts in the US may use this injunction to ban the “kirpan” in gurdwaras in US, Canada

Sikhs abroad fear the move may weaken community’s fight for permission to wear the ‘kirpan’ to schools, colleges and workplaces

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2013/20130302/punjab.htm

Does anyone know if gurdwara at golden, bc got table and chairs?..If yes, yea what da hell, whats one more going to hurt? I will open gurdwara offering traditional sikhi :p

50-70 Gurughars in one city? Don't tell me they all originated from one committee falling out, lol? :lol2:

Thats whole province dude, each Canadian province is equivalent to your whole englaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand..lol