Something for all of you...

Guest Kaur

I have been feeling this way and I need to get it out of my chest. To start off, I'm a 20 year old girl who's recently just started loving

my religion, Sikhi. I had to experience a major downlow in my life for me to have my eyes truly opened and get my head out of

this life, all this illusion..However, I did make mistakes in my past which I took self-pity for over 1.5 years and then I realized "that's it..I can't sit here and be sad anymore, Guru Sahib has already forgiven me". I am now starting to understand that my past actions are in the past - and whatever I have done wrong (which btw were A LOT OF THINGS!) ..I have to simply let go.

Now, I read a few posts on here about people that went the same wrong path as me and realized how badly they messed up and were asking for forgiveness. However, I came across RUDE people that told them "oh well, you should've known better" or "Well, thats what you get by doing that, or doing this", etc etc etc...The list goes on.

I just want to let everyone know - and I mean EVERYONE - cause I know all of you have made mistakes..that it is okay to make mistakes. Some are bigger than others, but as long as YOU can feel it in your whole body and soul that you were wrong and you ask with a pure heart for an apology to God...he has already forgiven you my friend <3

The hardest part is not too get forgiveness from babaji (because let me reassure you that he already has forgiven you), sometimes it's about forgiving ourselves for what we have done. It is not easy to let go of our past mistakes and the past can be such a heavy burden to hold on too every day of our lives but I realized that life is just that - life. Don't take it too seriously...you're here for ONE thing and that is to go back home.

Your time is NOW - not the past, not the future but right here, right NOW. If you can truly feel your unconditional love for God NOW then nothing else matters. Do good things NOW - don't repeat your mistakes NOW - Love God NOW...it's all about right now (hopefully, i've said now enough to make you guys understand hahaha)

I just made this post because I know a lot of you are seeking some kind of comfort from your past..or something "bad" you did yesterday. No one else is gonna give you comfort besides our guru sahib <3 you have to feel the love flowing in your body for him and that is how you know your life is slowly changing..Go recite some bani, spend some 'alone' time with babaji, etc..

All I know is I'm not the same girl I used to be a year ago. Living in a westernized society, I made mistakes (boyfriends, intimacy) and even though God has always been there for me, I am beginning to truly see him. He's always been within me, I was just so caught up with illusionary stuff that I forgot to look inside of me, my heart, my soul.

Okay this is getting super long (and I need to get back to studying lol) but I just wanted to write this out to everyone who needed to hear a positive thought today. God is there for you, he is NOT mad at you...we're all his children and he's seeing us fall and stand back again and one day..we will be back at our true home. For now, hang in there <3 Life is too precious - our Gurus have given us this life because we are one step closer to God..let's take this chance, yea?

and to all those mean people trying to make people feel bad about their mistakes...STOP. You are not superior to anyone - we are all here as equal's. Let's offer guidance to those that need it & love everyone.

Wow, I'm sorry for sounding like Mother Teresa =P but hopefully, this makes sense and I'm sorry if I said anything wrong.