"Sikh Wedding Crashers", advertised on radio - 11/03/2013

Please read my post above for some ideas. Few people are willing to point out the hypocrisy of stopping people from other faiths, yet not stopping "Punjabis", just because they speak the same language and come from the same culture. Who has the guts to stand up and make that point? Read my post above.

Stop muddying the water. This is the exact excuse those 'Sikhs' marrying non-Sikhs will use to get their 'right' to have a Sikh wedding. Let's concentrate on one thing at a time, stop the Anand Karaj of non-Sikhs first and then when you have made sure that every Gurdwara in the UK is implementing the Akal Takht Hukumnama and then proceed onto the next stage. By bringing up the issue of non practising Sikhs having an Anand Karaj at this stage then you are just playing into the hands of those mixed marriage hypocrites,

VJKKVJKF

Dass has been asked to speak on this show, dont know if they will call though. We are currently going through the SIkh Rehit Maryada at Park Ave Gurdwara every Sunday at 6pm. The Maryada is very clear on this issue and its a shame that very few people actually read it or talk about it.

The English katha will be addressing this point and will be uploaded to youtube at http://www.youtube.com/basicsofsikhi

If they do give you a chance to make your point on the show the best point I can think of is that 'The controversy isn't that mixed couples aren't being allowed to have a Sikh marriage ceremony at a Gurdwara, the controversy is that a small number of Gurdwaras in the UK are going against the edict of the highest Sikh religious authority and performing a Sikh marriage ceremony, which involves making solemn vows to follow the Guru, for those who have no intention of following the Guru. We need to understand that the opposition is not to mixed marriages, but to mixed marriages in a Gurdwara, just as no synagogue would allow a non-Jew to have a Jewish marriage ceremony and no Mosque would allow a Muslim female to marry a non-Muslim male, then a Gurdwara should not be allowing mixed marriages'

Because they consider themselves Sikhs and not Christian/Muslim/Hindu like the other people trying to get married. It's funny that they are considered Sikh when a census or a problem comes around though.

Stop muddying the water. This is the exact excuse those 'Sikhs' marrying non-Sikhs will use to get their 'right' to have a Sikh wedding. Let's concentrate on one thing at a time, stop the Anand Karaj of non-Sikhs first and then when you have made sure that every Gurdwara in the UK is implementing the Akal Takht Hukumnama and then proceed onto the next stage. By bringing up the issue of non practising Sikhs having an Anand Karaj at this stage then you are just playing into the hands of those mixed marriage hypocrites,

The mixed marriage people are hypocrites, sure.

But isn't the Punjabi community not the same?

How are they any better? Just because they speak/read a little Punjabi here and there? They have brown skin colour?

The Punjabi community people do just as much drugs/intoxicants/meat/gandh as anyone else.....just because they come to the Gurdwara twice a year and consider themselves Sikhs, doesn't make them one.

They can bow down to Guru Granth Sahib Jee a million times...and it still doesn't mean anything if their heart and mind aren't TRULY at the right place.

Fake is fake...no matter the language..no matter the skin colour..or anything else for that matter.

It's not two separate issues. It's one issue.

The mixed marriages only started to take place due to the Punjabi community implementing it's fake Sikhi.

Do you think that if most 'Punjabi' people were Saabat Soorat Rehitvaan Sikhs, that these issues would even be here?

I don't think so.