"Sikh Wedding Crashers", advertised on radio - 11/03/2013

heres the phone in http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01r3p28/Nihal_Sikh_Weddings/

i cant find the 5pm programme

@55min a Hindu lady phoned in saying they should be banned, nice one !

lies in that program, One geeza said "bhai nand lal wasnt amritdhari" that is a lie. Second, just because it isnt written in the great 11th master about interfaith, what about hukam 38 of 52 given by Satguru Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj, isnt that strong enough proof?

Everybody use the on-line contact form and make a complaint to the BBC! We have got to start doing this otherwise this will not stop and get worse! For some of the more learned Singh's please could you complain and list all the mis-truths given that Nihal often pushes through as facts... its

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/?reset=#anchor

HeatSikhingMissile, on 11 Mar 2013 - 13:46, said:

I just hope the level of stupidity of the UK community doesn't make it's way across the pond to North America.

I know people who are born in sikh families in north america who have got married to other people from different communities in Gurdwaras there, this happens everywhere not just in the uk, if anything its worse in north america they get married in front of SGGS ji, then the bride goes and gets changed into a white wedding dress to make look they are goray, its started her in the uk now, but it has been going on over there (us/canada) for years , i attended a wedding like this in 1987!!

So its not a uk problem. If you cant say anything positive then dont say anything.

I listened to the debate unfortunately after it had aired, kirat raj singh did not debate harshly enough.

But turning people who are both born in sikh families, ( which has not happened, but has been suggested that only amritdharis should have lava) who accept SGGS ji and sikhi as there religion, but have not take amrit yet , is not the answer there needs to be more to this than just turning up on the day for the lava, the couple (both from sikh backgrounds), need to have some kind of educational / meaning of lava told to them before they come for the wedding ceremony. This is down to us but also our Gurdwara committes and Granthis to implement this instead of just looking for building funds etc.

I respect and understand the point of view of those who say only two Sikhs should be able to get married i a Gurudwara

However, I can't bring myself to care very much when you consider what a joke most anand karajs have become anyway.

99% of guys will tear off their pag and shave their beard 5 minutes after leaving the Gurudwara. What a mockery.

Hardly anyone even knows the meaning of the ceremony

It's not clear what stance Sikhnet are taking.

Well the top comment is from an individual who works at Sikhnet... says it all what their stance is. I think Sikhnet and 3HO are the biggest hippy Sikhs I have ever encountered!!! Along with mixed faith marriages I've seen them marry homosexual couples and the top comment mentions Muslim-sikhs.... WTH is that?

I know people who are born in sikh families in north america who have got married to other people from different communities in Gurdwaras there, this happens everywhere not just in the uk, if anything its worse in north america they get married in front of SGGS ji, then the bride goes and gets changed into a white wedding dress to make look they are goray, its started her in the uk now, but it has been going on over there (us/canada) for years , i attended a wedding like this in 1987!!

So its not a uk problem. If you cant say anything positive then dont say anything.

I listened to the debate unfortunately after it had aired, kirat raj singh did not debate harshly enough.

But turning people who are both born in sikh families, ( which has not happened, but has been suggested that only amritdharis should have lava) who accept SGGS ji and sikhi as there religion, but have not take amrit yet , is not the answer there needs to be more to this than just turning up on the day for the lava, the couple (both from sikh backgrounds), need to have some kind of educational / meaning of lava told to them before they come for the wedding ceremony. This is down to us but also our Gurdwara committes and Granthis to implement this instead of just looking for building funds etc.

Sat I was referring to the guerilla tactics of these "protesters", not the fact that mixed marriages happen only in the UK.

Well the top comment is from an individual who works at Sikhnet... says it all what their stance is. I think Sikhnet and 3HO are the biggest hippy Sikhs I have ever encountered!!! Along with mixed faith marriages I've seen them marry homosexual couples and the top comment mentions Muslim-sikhs.... WTH is that?

Maybe, but the comments right after are completely against them.