WHy some Sikhs are so superstitious

singhmankaran

Sat Shri Akal

I have seen that whenever any Hawk OR Falcon stands on Nishan Sahib or come and stands near gurdwara Window some people start Believing that It is Guru's Baaj....How can they be so sure??I know we should regard Baaj or White falcon u can say as it was lovely bird of Guru Saheb but that doesn't mean we should start worshipping a Bird without any specific Reason??A White Falcon was always perched on Guru saheb's hands......

Do you think by these superstitions we are promoting Animal Worshipping in Sikhism as well???

I have seen many videos where a Baaj sits near gurdwara window OR somewhere on roof and people are so innocent that they start bowing to 'Baaj" believing that it is one of Guru saheb's Baaj??

What are your views Singhon??This is serious topic of concern.....Slowly and slowly we are promoting animal worshipping like in other religions.....

Respect Falcon I don't say don't do.....But don't worship Falcon.......

same crowd that beleives in Jadu toona

That is different Topic Veer Ji....

Jaadu Tuna can be true or myth or minds illusion as well....Even I should tell u I always refrain from all superstitions like cat crossing path,karva chauth,maun vrat,raksha bandhan

But m that sort of Guy who himself admit that Jadu Tuna and Ghosts do exist?Even if we think from Gurbani perspective then it can be true as well....I believe Paranormal activities do exist

It reminds me of Sakhi of Assam,Gurdwara Barrcha Sahib when Bhai Mardana was made into Lamb by Witches who performed Magic and was turned into Human by GUru Nanak Patshah

I agree miracles are against Sikhism but They were'nt performed by our Guru's they performed by God's Will.....

Sir We are so falling in these things that we can't notice the reality and going away from Sikhi.......Guru nanak Patshah told that God is everywhere when his foot was near kaaba the muslim priests put and there kaaba went on same directions.....In Darbar Sahib The Nihangs will hit with barcha on your back when your foot turns towards direction of Guru Saab.....M amazed we should respect guru saab but aren't we going towards Illusion Sir??

Last time my friend came to darbar sahib he was doing Ishnaan in Darbar sahib?Mistakenly his Rumaal went off and Nihang hit Barcha on his Back???

I don't understand this...But I think this is not true Sikhi??

Just by growing beard no one can be Sikh people should not get influence just by beard.... but also by his Gurmat Knowledge...Rabindranath Tagore has full beard but he was'nt Sikh??.....for me Sikh is one who also understand the meaning of Sikh and goes on direction of his Guru's.....

same crowd that beleives in Jadu toona

same crowd that needs to meditate to realize things for themselves, instead of being closed minded. ......knowledge alone is totally useless, like there is a difference between studying a mango, the calories, the weight, the sugar, all the nutritional values versus actually eating the mango. Who has a better gauge of what a mango tastes like? The one who studied is left empty handed, and the one who ate it, cannot tell you exactly what it tastes like. Waheguru.

There was a being some hundreds of years ago who made a point of not doing empty, false and blind practices like idol worship, moon and stars worship, flying objects worship..etc..

He made the point that you should BOW to Only the ONE Supreme consciousness or akaal purakh who is Nirankar (not of any distinctive form-not a bird!)

Then he gained a lot of followers that believed and followed his teachings but sadlly these people can be seen today dressed in turbans and 5k's, however they have just reverted back to the same 'blind worship' beliefs that were going on before this new sikh way of life !! :respect:

Seems like some people can't let go of the fantasy and don't realise that falcons and most large birds like to sit at a point where they can see ALL Around whilst they have their poop !!

Unfortunatley, the structure and location of the nishan sahib is perfect for them.

In Canada we have the canadian flag on most official buildings and you will often see the same birds sitting on the pole and relaxinf into their poop! :stupidme:

Um i would never do a matha tekh to a bird. Even it truly was guru jis falcon, the bird is not the guru. I swear were only supposed to do matha tekh to the guru could someone pls tell me where it says that its ok to do matha tekh to a bird. thats like going up to a horse and doing matha tekh just because its standing near a gurudwara and saying its Guru jis horse!!!! :)

People do that at nander hazoor sahib...