WHy some Sikhs are so superstitious

singhmankaran

I think this topic is over-exaggerated. I don't see anyone bowing down by touching their foreheads the to floor. It's probably more like they fold their hands together, bow their head and bend forwards a little bit.

There's a difference between the two.

Also, singhmankaran Jee said that he has seen many videos. Please show us those videos too.

I think the above answers it better, it is NOT worship or bowing. It is simple respect !

It;s like when you see a little 3 year old who is dressed nicely in bana and they conduct themselves very nicely by doing matha, and then you think 'bless that child Waheguru'

You may put your hands together when thinking this, but you are not worshipping are you ?

You are just paying respect and quite pleased to see such a 3yr olds behaviour.

In the same way, you may react the same when you see the bird and think 'bless that' !

Well then you should check every religious/holy scripture of the world, you will find vahem in every religious scripture of the world. Do not including Guru Granth Sahib in this.

ਦਦੈ ਦੋਸੁ ਨ ਦੇਊ ਕਿਸੈ ਦੋਸੁ ਕਰੰਮਾ ਆਪਣਿਆ ॥

Dhadhai Dhos N Dhaeoo Kisai Dhos Karanmaa Aapaniaa ||

Dadda: Do not blame anyone else; blame instead your own actions.

ਜੋ ਮੈ ਕੀਆ ਸੋ ਮੈ ਪਾਇਆ ਦੋਸੁ ਨ ਦੀਜੈ ਅਵਰ ਜਨਾ ॥੨੧॥

Jo Mai Keeaa So Mai Paaeiaa Dhos N Dheejai Avar Janaa ||21||

Whatever I did, for that I have suffered; I do not blame anyone else. ||21|| pg 433

Guru Nanak Sahib patti likhi pg 432

After reading Gurbani people still believe in tuna and other stuff. What you are getting is because of your deeds.

I think it's fair to blame the bibiyan for all this vahem and bichar :lol2:

Well Bhai saab That looks like Misogyny to Blame Only Bibya......So many Male Sikhs were going to Nirmal Baba for Taking Kirpa.....Those who are fed up with Life they don't go to Doctor OR Gurdwara but instead they would go to Baba's for Treatment....STRANGE....

In fact I don't understand this Tradition as well that why Bibiya are not allowed to do Kirtan in Darbar Sahib?? Aren't we following Same Muslims Custom of ther Mosque that WOmen are'nt allowed to perform religious ceremonies OR are not allowed to sit equal to men..

In fact Guru nanak dev himself was reformist for Women Rights...."So Kyun Manda Aakhiye Jit Jamme Wadde Raajan"-Why to say wrong to those who have given birth to thousand of great Kings"

Superstitions are created by People not by any religion I suppose......

Vahem is in most of sikhs, be they are from India or abroad. Check the topic Jadoo/Tuna who believe in it Tuna, where they live.

PARANORMAL ACTIVITIES DO EXIST....

BHAI ISHER SINGH HIMSELF PERFORMED EXORCISM ONCE....

WE CAN'T DEBATE ON THESE TOPICS...SUPERSTITIONS ARE ANOTHER THING BUT PARANORMAL ACTIVITIES ARE OTHER