Nvm

Del1

Lot of pessimistic responses in this thread but, sadly, there could be the possibility that she sees you as her meal ticket out of the village. Be alert, do your research and go from there. Oh, and less of the "she's low caste" stuff, if you're a decent person this should not have even entered your head in the first instance!

Are you sure it's not just a holiday romance ???

Are you also sure she isn't tricking you to get a future in UK ??

it's for real man

Are you sure she's not just latched onto you for an easy way out? Have you actually done any digging into her and her family, as you would before any marriage regardless of higher or lower caste?

yes I'm sure she not using me for a meal ticket

Sikhi is against discrimination according to caste - yet so many of our people will not accept it

the only thing you can do is learn about what the real message of the guru's is and try to educate your family

It's funny how some sikhs look down on lower castes yet when they matha tek to guru Granth Sahbi ji they also bow down to the Bhagat Ravidas bani and Bhagat Namdevs Bani - those who beleive in caste have not understood the basic message of the Gurus.

jaanahu joth n pooshhahu jaathee aagai jaath n hae

Recognize the Lord's Light within all, and do not consider social class or status; there are no classes or castes in the world hereafter. (sggs - 349)

chahu varanaa ko dhae oupadhaes || naanak ous pa(n)ddith ko sadhaa adhaes ||4||

He gives instruction to people of all castes and social classes.

O Nanak, to such a Pandit, I bow in salutation forever. ||4|| (Sukhmani sahib)

Calling me low-caste and untouchable, they beat me and drove me out; what should I do now, O Beloved Father Lord? ||1||

If You liberate me after I am dead, no one will know that I am liberated.

These Pandits, these religious scholars, call me low-born; when they say this, they tarnish Your honor as well. ||2||

You are called kind and compassionate; the power of Your Arm is absolutely unrivalled.

The Lord turned the temple around to face Naam Dayv; He turned His back on the Brahmins. (Namdev SGGSJ 1292)

thank you for your response

grow a pair and just marry her

i will

Son needs chittar.

why do I need that

You are part of the problem. What do you mean by 'lower' caste? There is no such thing as caste.

my bad I don't consider her to be that but in my parents eyes she is classed as that I never treated her in that way

it's for real man

yes I'm sure she not using me for a meal ticket

thank you for your response

i will

why do I need that

my bad I don't consider her to be that but in my parents eyes she is classed as that I never treated her in that way

Boy do you consider yourself as a Sikh first and foremost or a jatt? If you consider yourself as a Sikh then don't look at caste. Even if your family and society believe in it. If you consider yourself as a jatt than keep on believing in casteism.

Look I don't think that this guy is being discriminative in caste in any way, because if he was then he wouldn't have got serious in a relationship.

He has just bought the difference up because the sad lot of society will.

Let me get this straight-

You are in UK and she is in Punjab ??

Or are you both in UK ?

Are you Anglo-indian (born in UK) ??

You believe or know that you are both in love but you need approval from the elders ??

What about respecting your parents or does that not matter, i mean they gave birth to you brought u up etc etc.

Caste does exist in the world unfortunately and maybe they cant bare the embarrasment / finger pointing this would cause,

What were you thinking getting involved with this girl, if she uses you to get to the uk, that will be an even bigger insult.

Get over her.

Look I don't think that this guy is being discriminative in caste in any way, because if he was then he wouldn't have got serious in a relationship.

He has just bought the difference up because the sad lot of society will.

Let me get this straight-

You are in UK and she is in Punjab ??

Or are you both in UK ?

Are you Anglo-indian (born in UK) ??

You believe or know that you are both in love but you need approval from the elders ??

Yes in in the uk and she is in india

Yes need approval from the elders