name of the lord?

Hey,

very nice to read the discussion going on, very heart-warming :smile2:

pls don´t kill me for this question, but as I am not Indian or Sikh (I am a native austrian/europe man)I must ask on what name of the lord do sikhs meditate?

Meditating on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, my heart is filled with peace.
simrat naam ridai sukh paa-i-aa.

best regards
Supergizmo

Sikhs meditate on the word/name: "Vahiguru". That is the Gurmantar or in other words, the Mantra bestowed upon Sikhs by the Guru.

Also, Sikhs meditate on Mool Mantar as well.

In the Ambrosial hours of the morning, Sikhs would wake up and meditate on Mool Mantar first, then Gurmantar and then recite their prayers.

Along with this, Sikhs try to focus on this 24/7.

After listening to gurbani today, I came to the conclusion, that I have definitely no right, to teach you
something, as I said yesterday, that the main importance is always peace. I am here to learn only.
I am sorry.

Since you are native austrian/european, how do you understand the meanings of the Gurbani you listen to? Do you use an English translation?

Hey,

very nice to read the discussion going on, very heart-warming :smile2:

Sikhs meditate on the word/name: "Vahiguru". That is the Gurmantar or in other words, the Mantra bestowed upon Sikhs by the Guru.

Also, Sikhs meditate on Mool Mantar as well.

In the Ambrosial hours of the morning, Sikhs would wake up and meditate on Mool Mantar first, then Gurmantar and then recite their prayers.

Along with this, Sikhs try to focus on this 24/7.

Since you are native austrian/european, how do you understand the meanings of the Gurbani you listen to? Do you use an English translation?

Namste!

Yes, I must.

kind regards

Supergizmo