Which is healthier, bottled or tap water? The only water i could digest properly was Canadian tap water.

But here in uk, seems so heavy, i have been drinking bottled water for years, until somebody told me its bad for you. On reading some articles seems tap water has chlorine in it and other stuff that would be bad for us too.

So which water do you drink and which is healthier? Any proof please too would be welcome.

Thankuji

If bottled, then you should go for 'Reverse Osmosis' brands like Aquafina,Dasani,Evian,nestle .......

Some people install the filters at home and it is best to also go for a reverse osmosis since others are a waste of money.

It depends where you live on the tap water you have.

If you are in UK, then most of the waterfrom midlands and south is excellent especially Severn Trent !!

Some of the northern water companies are not quite as good and can be too soft or hard.

I find it better and easier to boil and cool tap water as this gets rid of any bacteria/fungi..etc.. and reduces the amount of chlorine so it tastes better !

Then if you have a large fridge it is ideal to store it in there and drink from it.

In all honesty I only buy bottled water for the plastic bottle that I refill withn my own boiled/cooled water !

• Like 2

Get a good filter and use tap water. I wouldn't spend that money on waterbottle for normal everyday drinking as it's bad for the environment and it's just tapwater and they add things, but we don't know what they put in it.

• Like 1

If bottled, then you should go for 'Reverse Osmosis' brands like Aquafina,Dasani,Evian,nestle .......

Some people install the filters at home and it is best to also go for a reverse osmosis since others are a waste of money.

Thankuji i will look into the water filter.

And will start boiling it.

If you have to temporarily choose go with bottled water. Boiling tap water will only kill organisms, but won't filter out any harmful metals/salts and fluoride.

Get a good filter if you can, it's a good investment since it comes to your health.

Bottled water is sometimes just tap water that is filtered. ASDA said that it's cheap bottled water was just filtered tap water.

Also when you say "heavier", it might be because you have hard water? It depends on the rock and amount of rock in your area. The north is more likely to have hard water. Hard water is just water with mineral salts in it.

Chlorine is added to all tap water because it kills germs. Fluorine is also added because it is good for the teeth. Just filter your tap water or boil it.

Canada has some of the softest water in the world from the tap, probably why. Especially if you were in Toronto. :p

I saw this company randomly from a tech site: http://www.bwob.ca/profiles/water-filtration-firm-brings-manufacturing-home-from-china/

Other then that, Idk because I just drink tap water.

My eyes hurt, but let's turn this thread into one about simple readily availible water filtration methods to turn even industrial waste water into 90% drinkable.

The state in Punjab where water turns red left over-night, is one we cannot have our troops deployed in.

Without a solution, ;)

Go with tap water or get filter such as brita pitcher or Pur tap attachment.

Bottle water is not good because it may cause cancer or other bimary if exposed to sun for a period of time. Throw away bottle water if u kept it in ur car even for few hours in sun. It is dangerous because you will never know in what condition bottle water delivered to you store (scorching heat while traveling on trucks). Same with hype brand such as Fiji water traveling in containers 1000 of miles ship journey. Most probably taking Equator route.

Tap water if your city water is safe to drink.

Thankuji all. Sikhastan thanku for informing about the bottles and sun. Finally bought a water filter jug. Looks too nice to take out of the box, so still staring at it.

Oh well got to get past the wow factor, and give it a go, will let you know how i get on. @jio i got a brita, but try searching for reviews on the net for best one, it will give you customer ratings.