Dastaar for girls

Gurpreet14

Hello All,

I want to tie a Dastar/Dumala

But before doing that i would like to know about what did Guruji said for girls?

Did they mentioned anywhere what rules girls to follow on covering head?

What does bibiya do at the time of Guruji... When he himself made khalsa...

I heard they use to cover head with chunni....

I want to know the facts before i move ahead... till now i am covering my head with Dupatta/chunni :)

I dont want to follow man made rehet... i want to know what history and Akal Takhth says...

Hello All,

I want to tie a Dastar/Dumala

But before doing that i would like to know about what did Guruji said for girls?

Did they mentioned anywhere what rules girls to follow on covering head?

What does bibiya do at the time of Guruji... When he himself made khalsa...

I heard they use to cover head with chunni....

I want to know the facts before i move ahead... till now i am covering my head with Dupatta/chunni :)

I dont want to follow man made rehet... i want to know what history and Akal Takhth says...

Both men and women were told to follow the same rehat. If man is told to tie a dastar so is a woman.

History say women also fought in battle field ..as singhs do .. ...then it is fact that all of those women had weared dastars because u can't fought a battle with ur kees covered with chunni .....

No member of my family do sme but girl should also wear a dastar it give identity them also..

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਜਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹ ||

Here is daas two cents. If great Gurmukhs like Sant Jarnail Singh Jee and Bhai Sahib Rama Singh Jee and Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee among many advised Bibiyan to wear Dastars and in their Biographies and Autobiographies have also stated to having gotten Darshan and Hukam from Guru Sahib that a women is to wear a Dastar; that Great Gurmukh Bibiyan like Mata Bhag Kaur Jee and Bhai Fauja Singh's Sri Mati Jee and Bibi Rena Kaur Jee wore Dastar, I don't think there is anything wrong with it at all. You aren't going to become Bemukh in the eyes if Maharaj Jee; if anything, Satguru Jee will probably become all the more happier that you have decided to wear even more Bana. Just daas two cents.

Bhul Chuk Muaaf