Dastaar for girls

Gurpreet14

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹ ||

Bhai Sahib Jee, although daas really appreciates what you have written and that it really does have lots of Truth behind it, daas doesn't believe that we should be arguing over whether Kes or Keski is Kakaar. What it does matter is that we follow Puratan Maryada i.e. wearing Keski. Daas personally believes in Kes as Kakaar but can tell you that even Taksaal really encourages and even states that a Bibi should wear Keksi. Please don't start the argument over what is Kakaar and what is not. As long as we follow Maryada it shouldn't matter which is Kakaar. If BrahamGianis like Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee and Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee could get along without such debates why can't we. Daas isn't saying you are starting a fight; rather daas believes such Veechar is better done in person or in a setting where it is needed. BhenJee hasn't asked whether Keski is Kakaar or not but if there is Historical or Puratan proof of Satguroo Maharaj Jee saying Bibiyan can or should wear Keski.

Bhul Chuk Muaaf and if daas has said anything that shouldn't have been said please forgive and educate daas SatSangat Jee. And Bhai Sahib Jee, please do not feel offended as this is just daas two cents.

Bhai Sahib Jee, also the information you have provided is very valuable and daas would like to thank you for this Gyan that you have shared.

I had listened sant singh ji maskeen katha in which he said if u does not accept rehet marayada by akal takht then there is no difference b/w u and nirankari/missionaries etc. He said no single person can prepared rahet marayada it is discussed by gaini/jathedars/other sikh personalities .....

AND EVERYONE KNOWS WHO MUCH KNOWLEDGE MASKEEN JI HAVE..

I had listened sant singh ji maskeen katha in which he said if u does not accept rehet marayada by akal takht then there is no difference b/w u and nirankari/missionaries etc. He said no single person can prepared rahet marayada it is discussed by gaini/jathedars/other sikh personalities .....

AND EVERYONE KNOWS WHO MUCH KNOWLEDGE MASKEEN JI HAVE..

AND HE WAS ALSO THE MEMBER OF THAT COMMITTE WHO PREPARED REHAT MARAYADA

Gurkukar Jee,

I am probably the biggest Maskeen Jee fan out there. I have listened to that recording which you are talking about. And you are taking it out of context and probably are confused. He didn't say that he was member of the committee that prepared the Rehit Maryada. What he said was that there was one small line in the Maryada that someone wanted to change. And that, Rehit cannot be changed unless it is accepted by the Panth. And so, he said that many scholars and Gursikhs were called from all over. He said that he was one of those who were invited and called to come. He said that the meetings took place for many days and for many hours...and still they couldn't come to a decision..and so nothing was changed. That's what he said. He wasn't there 80 years ago at those meetings in 1932....he was just a little kid/baby at that time. Please listen to Katha carefully to not make these types of mistakes in stories.

He wasn't there at the original meetings in 1932. He was there in meetings in the later part of the 1900's.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹ ||

Bhai Sahib Jee, although daas really appreciates what you have written and that it really does have lots of Truth behind it, daas doesn't believe that we should be arguing over whether Kes or Keski is Kakaar. What it does matter is that we follow Puratan Maryada i.e. wearing Keski. Daas personally believes in Kes as Kakaar but can tell you that even Taksaal really encourages and even states that a Bibi should wear Keksi. Please don't start the argument over what is Kakaar and what is not. As long as we follow Maryada it shouldn't matter which is Kakaar. If BrahamGianis like Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee and Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee could get along without such debates why can't we. Daas isn't saying you are starting a fight; rather daas believes such Veechar is better done in person or in a setting where it is needed. BhenJee hasn't asked whether Keski is Kakaar or not but if there is Historical or Puratan proof of Satguroo Maharaj Jee saying Bibiyan can or should wear Keski.

Bhul Chuk Muaaf and if daas has said anything that shouldn't have been said please forgive and educate daas SatSangat Jee. And Bhai Sahib Jee, please do not feel offended as this is just daas two cents.

Bhai Sahib Jee, also the information you have provided is very valuable and daas would like to thank you for this Gyan that you have shared.

Papidas Jee, thank you for your warm-hearted response full of love!

No offense taken at all! Very interesting discussion!

Keski as Kakaar is very important in this discussion, because that is what the Truth is.

But even if it isn't Kakaar, it is still very important as you have stated that it is Puraatan Maryada. Both Taksal and AKJ Sants/Mahapurshs support this and therefore they were in agreement...so logically there was no argument or fighting as everyone agreed on the same thing.

These types of doubts on Keski are only within the past 75 years, due to anti-Panthic elements. Even though these elements have been able to change certain things in writing....Keski is still strong today as it was before as well.

You say that Bibi Jee hasn't asked for Keski as Kakaar and that she just asked for historical proof. Well...that is what I gave. Historical proof is there throughout that message I posted...from examples in Rehitnamas to SGPC Research Scholar himself admitting that Keski was mandatory for Bibia to get Amrit at Akal Takhat Sahib. Also, it is historical proof that Amrit Sanchar by Guru Gobind Singh Jee had Guru Gobind Singh Jee give Keski to Sangat. There is much more evidence I can post, but I think what I have posted is more than enough right now.

People keep on saying let's follow Akal Takhat...and this and that.

What they don't realise is...that the Rehit today is not what is was 75 years ago. The Amrit Sanchaar carried out at Akal Takhat today is not the same as 75 years ago either.

You cannot look at Sikhi today to find out the real Sikhi completely. You must look into the past and look at historical events, traditions and literature.

Papidas Jee, thank you for your warm-hearted response full of love!

No offense taken at all! Very interesting discussion!

Keski as Kakaar is very important in this discussion, because that is what the Truth is.

But even if it isn't Kakaar, it is still very important as you have stated that it is Puraatan Maryada. Both Taksal and AKJ Sants/Mahapurshs support this and therefore they were in agreement...so logically there was no argument or fighting as everyone agreed on the same thing.

These types of doubts on Keski are only within the past 75 years, due to anti-Panthic elements. Even though these elements have been able to change certain things in writing....Keski is still strong today as it was before as well.

You say that Bibi Jee hasn't asked for Keski as Kakaar and that she just asked for historical proof. Well...that is what I gave. Historical proof is there throughout that message I posted...from examples in Rehitnamas to SGPC Research Scholar himself admitting that Keski was mandatory for Bibia to get Amrit at Akal Takhat Sahib. Also, it is historical proof that Amrit Sanchar by Guru Gobind Singh Jee had Guru Gobind Singh Jee give Keski to Sangat. There is much more evidence I can post, but I think what I have posted is more than enough right now.

People keep on saying let's follow Akal Takhat...and this and that.

What they don't realise is...that the Rehit today is not what is was 75 years ago. The Amrit Sanchaar carried out at Akal Takhat today is not the same as 75 years ago either.

You cannot look at Sikhi today to find out the real Sikhi completely. You must look into the past and look at historical events, traditions and literature.

He was after religious reform command taken from mahants.

Mahants never practiced Gurmat there that was why reform movement was started.

He was appointed to the highest religious office of Sikhism Jathedar of the Akal Takht from March 12, 1930 to March 5, 1931

He was after religious reform command taken from mahants.

Mahants never practiced Gurmat there that was why reform movement was started.

He was appointed to the highest religious office of Sikhism Jathedar of the Akal Takht from March 12, 1930 to March 5, 1931

That's a lie that Mahants/Pujaris never practised Gurmat.

This Rehit of Keski has been since Guru Gobind Singh Jee. It was so well known that the Pujaris wouldn't dare to change it, as they would be automatically exposed as being fake. Instead the Pujaris changed other customs/trends...but left the obvious Keski Rehit in place.

It seems like you're saying that Keski isn't Gurmat. Say that to Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee and Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Jee.

Not only did the Pujaris promote Keski Rehit...they also promoted Pure Gurmat Sarbloh Bibek Maryada as well as keeping Dastaar and Kacheraa intact (to the body) at all times.

Don't make blanket/lie statements. Just because the Pujaris tried to add their own Manmat to Sikhi, doesn't mean that everything they did/wrote/said is manmat. A lot is according to Gurmat as well.