Sikh Girls Covering there Face While Driving

singhmankaran

Sat Shri Akal Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Is that right for the Sikh Girls to cover there faces and wear Goggles,Glares while Driving Scooter,Scootie??But logically it is not correct as Guru amar Das Ji rejected Veil Wearing Or Purdah System??But many Sikh Girls are covering there face due to fear of Boys we can say that and also due to exposure of dust,dirt in there eyes,mouth??How correct is it Logically according to your viewpoint?When our Guru's have told one should look like how God has made him....So does these things really matter to them?

:) sikh boys should not wear jeans they should wear kurta pajama...... :p

Sikh boys should not use internet as cookies make some unwanted picture display on screen

Sikh boys should not drive vehicles they should walk as Guru Nanak devji did udasi by walking

Sikh boys should not watch movies as our Guru never watched anything

Sikh boys should not apply any cream powder on face as our Guru never use to

Sikh boys should be separated from family to perform Tap that was done by our GUrus

Sikh boys should be kept in Pardah as they are so beautiful that people will luv them the way they r :p

I have a weak eyesight doctor suggested to me if u wear lenses so u need to wear goggles as to protect ur lenses from damaging ur eyes

I cover my face coz as we know the ozone layer is damaged n sunlight affects ur sikh badly....

Stop blaming girls....

I live in joint family I have 4 brothers living with me...they all are sikh whenever they go out they wear goggles n cover their face with cloth

Stop blaming girls. .......

chatanga, on 23 Mar 2013 - 05:47, said:

Guru Sahib forbade Pardah in sangat only. a woman cannot sit in pardah in sangat but she is free to outside of Gurdwara.

If this is the state that Sikhs are at then we need help. Big time.

I'm scared.

This is why i am so vocal against extremism in Sikhi. I have seen how hardcore thinking mentally affects people. People think they have 'sharda' and keep super strict rehat, but in reality, there are other issues at play. Brainwashing, OCD behaviour, fear, paranoia, guilt, shame...these are the words that come to mind. All of these things are anti-spirituality.

I think SinghMankaran made a valid point, as there are genuinely such issues where devout Sikhs would need clarification on where Sikh rehat should be enforced, and where exactly one would draw the line and use one's own common sense without wandering into manmat territory of course.

In such an example as given by the OP I can imagine two outcomes depending on where one decides to draw the line:

1) Goggles and face-coverings are fine, and actually rather necessary, when the lady is travelling by scooter.

2) She shouldn't be on a scooter in the first place. :giggle:

You may laugh at the second choice but I'm guessing some would go to such lengths to enforce maryada. The weird thing is I don't even think those choosing option 2 are in the wrong, because it really does depend how observant of rehat an individual is prepared to be.

Then there's the third option which is... let the bibi decide what she's comfortable with!

I think SinghMankaran made a valid point, as there are genuinely such issues where devout Sikhs would need clarification on where Sikh rehat should be enforced, and where exactly one would draw the line and use one's own common sense without wandering into manmat territory of course.

In such an example as given by the OP I can imagine two outcomes depending on where one decides to draw the line:

1) Goggles and face-coverings are fine, and actually rather necessary, when the lady is travelling by scooter.

2) She shouldn't be on a scooter in the first place. :giggle:

You may laugh at the second choice but I'm guessing some would go to such lengths to enforce maryada. The weird thing is I don't even think those choosing option 2 are in the wrong, because it really does depend how observant of rehat an individual is prepared to be.

Then there's the third option which is... let the bibi decide what she's comfortable with!

Btw what has riding a scooter by a bibi has anything to do with rehat and maryada?

Mehtab Singh- you're a funny guy

Sikhs cannot be funny, its not allowed.

Btw what has riding a scooter by a bibi has anything to do with rehat and maryada?

Its not allowed. Imagine a Sikh girl is on a scooter and she starts singing a Hindi song, can you imagine how much disgrace it will be for the community? It would be such a shame to see a Sikh girl on a scooter singing..."zindagi, ek safar, hai suhaanaaaaaaaa...yahaan kal kya ho kis ne jaanaaaaaaa...udd lei udd lei ouuuhhhhhh". I am sure anyone would just burst into tears on the sight of it.